+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries, if they ask you they will give you plenty of time to send them (60 days at first) and if you cannot submit them on time they will grant you 30 additional days!

It's very unlikely they ask you for PCC again from your home country, specially because you are currently in Canada!

rogelio said:
Please, someone help ::)

moo

Feb 10, 2014
Hi, I have an important issue,
I applied through PhD stream and got my medical request in September, while i was waiting for pass request, Today I received a call and they asked me for interview.
had any other applicants through Phd stream been asked for interview before?? I am kind of nervous. I appreciate if you help me out.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've never heard of anyone living in Canada being asked for an interview. You are probably the first one. Interviews are fine, they just want to confirm you are not misrepresenting anything in your file. Just go to the interview and prove them that you do meet all requirements to immigrate to Canada.

By the way, is the interview in Ottawa? I would be very pissed off if they ask me to go to Ottawa for an interview.

moo said:
I applied through PhD stream and got my medical request in September, while i was waiting for pass request, Today I received a call and they asked me for interview.
had any other applicants through Phd stream been asked for interview before?? I am kind of nervous. I appreciate if you help me out.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
espg_007 said:
Thank you for the info and the link! I have looked at louit_tatz1's posts and even though his/her reason for rejection is different, it is useful information regarding the next steps. It is a bit disheartening that the lawyers fees are of the order of $250/hr though. BTW, if anyone knows of a good lawyer in Toronto, please let me know.

The word press link seems a bit old (2011) and I think it is unlikely that the procedure outlined would work, but I might give it a try.

Thank you zorroo. Here are the links to the letters:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1sqa543zn9b8ox/pinzon.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tmwj1el52jjnz/pinzon2.pdf?dl=0
Since information was divided in 2 letters, perhaps the officer had been confused. If your supervisor could provide all information in one solid letter, it was much better. Anyway, do not give up and try to appeal as soon as you can. By the way, did they charge your cc before or just returned your application to you?
Good luck!

Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for sharing this. For sure i will file a complaint until it's satisfactorily solved. My ECA report from WES was not even sealed, it's just 2 page-letter and well arranged in the package. By the way, i tried to call CIC call centre at 1-888-242‑2100 but seem not easy to reach. Do you guys have any better number to phone? In addition to that, I'm going to file a query also.

Thanks
pepe84 said:
I personally know someone who had a very similar issue. It was in 2013 when she got her application returned by CIO because "you did not submit an English Language test (IELTS)". The IELTS test was indeed sent to CIO, but it was still sealed by IELTS test center. So the VO never bothered to open the IELTS envelope. That's why I never sent any document sealed when I applied this time.

Despite of that, this person emailed/faxed CIO and called CIC-call center to explain that IELTS was there but sealed in the official envelope. After two weeks CIO emailed her asking to send the application again! The issue was happily solved!

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
RAP_PhD said:
Just received medical check request letter! :D

Please update my timeline in the spreadsheet:

Application reached at CIO: August 21, 2014
CC encashed: November 20, 2014
PER issued: December 10, 2014
Medical check request: January 07, 2015

RA only
Thats Great Rap!! I probably the best wishers for you in this forum and you know why ;). But honestly man very happy for you :). If I see some good news tomorrow will be the best day for sure. Take care

moo

Feb 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
I've never heard of anyone living in Canada being asked for an interview. You are probably the first one. Interviews are fine, they just want to confirm you are not misrepresenting anything in your file. Just go to the interview and prove them that you do meet all requirements to immigrate to Canada.

By the way, is the interview in Ottawa? I would be very pissed off if they ask me to go to Ottawa for an interview.
I am not sure, she said they will send me a letter by mail and provide more information about it. As i receive the letter i will let you know.

thwijoo

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
Doc's Request.
29/08/2014
Med's Request
29/08/2014
Med's Done....
10/09/2014
Passport Req..
9/1/2015
Hi Guys! I got my GCMS notes today. I just want share few lines from the notes here. Can you please tell me if everything is alright in my application.
I am December 2013 applicant, I don't know what is taking them so long and what should I do now! Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Date Generated: 2014-12-10
Cost Recovery: Complete
RPRF: Complete

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs: Not Started
Final:

Due Date: 2014/10/29

Eligibility Assessment
Version: 2013-06
Status Date: 2014/08/28
Total Points: 73
Experience: Met
Language: Met
Credentials: Met
Funds Assessment: Met

Requested Documents
Received Date: 2014/11/06

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
moo said:
A friend of mine was applying through PNP and he was invited to an interview. Everything went fine and he got his PR a few month ago.
In his case, they were a bit concerned about his research area. But, in general, there is nothing to worry about as long as nothing has been misrepresented.

Good Luck

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
thwijoo said:
Hi Guys! I got my GCMS notes today. I just want share few lines from the notes here. Can you please tell me if everything is alright in my application.
I am December 2013 applicant, I don't know what is taking them so long and what should I do now! Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Final:

Eligibility Assessment

Requested Documents
Everything looks just fine. You'll get PPR very soon.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All good dude. You should get PPR soon. You have something written in "OTHER REQS: not started" I have nothing in that field :( not sure why!

How about documents issuance? Still in zero? There you will see when your CoPR is being printed!

thwijoo said:

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Final:

Eligibility Assessment

Requested Documents

thwijoo

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
Doc's Request.
29/08/2014
Med's Request
29/08/2014
Med's Done....
10/09/2014
Passport Req..
9/1/2015
Thanks for you reply Pepe84 and pyzdfr!

In which section I may find 'documents issuance'? I don't see it!

I know Criminality is the RCMP check. I see that my Security, HIRV were still blank. Any idea what are these? Also, before these there is one- Counterfoil Required: Yes
Oh under ELIGIBILITY section, I see another Due Date: 2015/02/10

pepe84 said:
All good dude. You should get PPR soon. You have something written in "OTHER REQS: not started" I have nothing in that field :( not sure why!

How about documents issuance? Still in zero? There you will see when your CoPR is being printed!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries, they fill the document issuance section when they are about to send you PPR. The due date is very variable, I wouldn't trust this either. Just keep orering GCMS notes. I ordered one this week and will order another one next week and so forth every week. So in Feb I will get GCMS updates weekly!

thwijoo said:
Thanks for you reply Pepe84 and pyzdfr!

In which section I may find 'documents issuance'? I don't see it!

I know Criminality is the RCMP check. I see that my Security, HIRV were still blank. Any idea what are these? Also, before these there is one- Counterfoil Required: Yes
Oh under ELIGIBILITY section, I see another Due Date: 2015/02/10

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
Wow!. I wish I saw this before I sent my application. My IELTS was also sealed in an envelope and addressed to CIC. I also wrote IELTS on the Envelope. I thought it shows better originality when submitted sealed, just like transcripts. Regardless this should really never count against anyone.
CIC o CIC!.

pepe84 said:
I personally know someone who had a very similar issue. It was in 2013 when she got her application returned by CIO because "you did not submit an English Language test (IELTS)". The IELTS test was indeed sent to CIO, but it was still sealed by IELTS test center. So the VO never bothered to open the IELTS envelope. That's why I never sent any document sealed when I applied this time.

Despite of that, this person emailed/faxed CIO and called CIC-call center to explain that IELTS was there but sealed in the official envelope. After two weeks CIO emailed her asking to send the application again! The issue was happily solved!