+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Nanocanada said:
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately, yes they have responded me very recently ,on Dec.2nd received the returned package! :( the respond letter's dated to 22nd of NOV.
You mean that, their respond letter is general (a theme) and there is nothing wrong with my documents and work experience? and they have returned it just because of mistyped fee?!!
in the letter it is also stated:" please see the highlighted items on the enclosed checked checklist(s) and/or the enclosed Appendix(es)."
which is a notice about my payment.

BTW, if I want to resubmit my application, shall I renew the letter from my supervisor+ human resources+program confirmation letter?!
If it is just money, why they have emphasized and highlighted the regulation 10 of IRPA?

If its Credit card authorization from, 505 and 515 $ is a big difference for them :)

I am not an expert here. Do check all the reference letters for from the forum. But in my view you MUST have 1 year full time (30 hour/week) or part time (15 hour/week) paid job experiences (which have to be continuous). **Continuous** is very important.

And also:
I checked schedule 3-section 12 (your work experience ) I have divided my part time work to two (part time=24hours a week ,compared to 48 hours a week for full time) for the work I have done during my MSC , and I have checked : 1 year but less than 2 check box.
I have done the same for my BSc work experience and calculated the equivalent full time myself.
Can it also be the reason?!

P.S: if necessary, I can type all the letter word by word to you here?

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
If its Credit card authorization from, 505 and 515 $ is a big difference for them Smiley

I am not an expert here. Do check all the reference letters for from the forum. But in my view you MUST have 1 year full time (30 hour/week) or part time (15 hour/week) paid job experiences (which have to be continuous). **Continuous** is very important.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

We landed Saturday morning in peace arch park, Vancouver. If any of you plans to land there, you should take Highway 99 SB and turn right at beach road before the border. Pay attention that beach road is the last exit. Don't miss it! There are two parking lots there, the first one is for duty free, don't go in that! Park your car in the second parking and walk toward US border. The signs (pedestrians & cyclists) will guide to a building. Go to lane C and tell the officer you are there for 'flagpoling'.
It took about half an hour until the officer gave us the refusal letter. Then we came back to Canadian border. The officer there asked our address. No other documents were necessary. After 15 minutes she congratulated us, and that was it :) She told us we will receive PR card in 8-12 weeks.

I hope all of you hear good news soon. Thank you all for your valuable information.

I also hope that they change the process and stop discrimination among applicants from different countries. It's a very bad feeling when you see they ask for more documents, and you have way longer waiting time, only because you were born in a certain country.

Good luck!

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
beh467 said:
Have you tried MP? I think MP can help you a lot. Go to MP and explain them what is going on with your application. They can call Ottawa and ask about the delay reason.
I don't think it is a good idea to go to MP for everything. CIC website says that 25 months wait is now normal (unfortunately), and therefore there is no ground for me to go to MP. I think we should save going to MPs only for serious reasons or complaints because, otherwise, they will soon stop helping applicants or listening to us thinking that we go to them for every little thing or only because we are impatient.

However, we all know that the wait in my case (at least) is abnormal in this stream and honestly, it has affected my normal functioning in so many ways.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
mehroonir said:
Hello all,

We landed Saturday morning in peace arch park, Vancouver. If any of you plans to land there, you should take Highway 99 SB and turn right at beach road before the border. Pay attention that beach road is the last exit. Don't miss it! There are two parking lots there, the first one is for duty free, don't go in that! Park your car in the second parking and walk toward US border. The signs (pedestrians & cyclists) will guide to a building. Go to lane C and tell the officer you are there for 'flagpoling'.
It took about half an hour until the officer gave us the refusal letter. Then we came back to Canadian border. The officer there asked our address. No other documents were necessary. After 15 minutes she congratulated us, and that was it :) She told us we will receive PR card in 8-12 weeks.

I hope all of you hear good news soon. Thank you all for your valuable information.

I also hope that they change the process and stop discrimination among applicants from different countries. It's a very bad feeling when you see they ask for more documents, and you have way longer waiting time, only because you were born in a certain country.

Good luck!
Congrat man. You are finally done after 21 month. I am entering my month 22 in a few days, and still waiting. What can I do, nothing of course!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehroonir said:
Hello all,

Good luck!

Congrats!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Thanks, hamed!

To your question: yes, I did include my family in my application from the very beginning. Having said that, you can add your spouse at any time during the application process as long as you can present proof of marriage. Also, it does not matter where your spouse resides. You, as the principle applicant residing in Canada, will have to submit all the documents and, later, both passports to CPP-Ottawa. You also, of course, can bring your spouse to Canada on a temporary resident visa first. Either way, you should not expect any extra delay. The only reason you could see additional delay is if you delay adding her to your application until the processing of your case is complete.

All the best to you!

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Congrats. I have a question Geo. Did you add your family to your file later or they were in the application since the beginning?
Has your family lived with you in Canada since the beginning or they joined you later?

Thanks.

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2014 (COPR Received)
PhdStream said:
Quick question about the proof of settlement fund.

Do banks provide any record/documents specifically for immigration propose (I've a RBC account) or just printing monthly statements for last 6 months is fine?
The bank will provide you with a letter called a "Statement of Account" by some of the banks. It shows the account number and amount, with an official stamp by the bank. Sometimes they will make you pay a small fee to get this letter. BMO charged me $10, but at TD it was free. I'm not sure if RBC charges for this. But if you go to the bank and tell them you need a Statement of Account for immigration purposes, they should be able to help you out.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
northyorkca said:
The bank will provide you with a letter called a "Statement of Account" by some of the banks. It shows the account number and amount, with an official stamp by the bank. Sometimes they will make you pay a small fee to get this letter. BMO charged me $10, but at TD it was free. I'm not sure if RBC charges for this. But if you go to the bank and tell them you need a Statement of Account for immigration purposes, they should be able to help you out.
Thanks a lot.

And for the history of account, shall I print all my e-statement and attached with my application? or bank will provide some document for last six months activities?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
GeoCanadian said:
Thanks, hamed!

To your question: yes, I did include my family in my application from the very beginning. Having said that, you can add your spouse at any time during the application process as long as you can present proof of marriage. Also, it does not matter where your spouse resides. You, as the principle applicant residing in Canada, will have to submit all the documents and, later, both passports to CPP-Ottawa. You also, of course, can bring your spouse to Canada on a temporary resident visa first. Either way, you should not expect any extra delay. The only reason you could see additional delay is if you delay adding her to your application until the processing of your case is complete.

All the best to you!
Thanks a lot Geo. I am afraid if I add my spouse now, then it probably will take a long time maybe 1 year until we receive our PR. Then it will not be possible to invite her during the next 1 year as they may refuse temporary visas if they know a person has a PR application in process. But if I do not add her now, then I can invite her by a temporary resident visa in the next months, and then add her to my file. I think the second way is better.
Isn't it?

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2014 (COPR Received)
PhdStream said:
Thanks a lot.

And for the history of account, shall I print all my e-statement and attached with my application? or bank will provide some document for last six months activities?
You can include the e-statement just to be safe, but the Statement of Account may have similar information. At TD, I asked them to include and they gave me a letter that said the average amount held in my account over each of the past six months. BMO's letter did not include this, so I included the printed e-statements. Just to avoid any delay, maybe it is best to include it along with the Statement of Account letter in case some agent at CIC wants to see it.

Even though I included all of this, they still asked me for a new proof of funds four months after PER. At this time, I went to the bank and got new letters and printed the most recent six months statements again.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Anna2013 said:
Guys, I was wondering how it works? Does FA***** process your application only after security/criminality/etc reports are back? Has anyone gotten a GCMS notes indicating that FA guys had done their job but because the reports were not in medical had not been issued?
Is your criminality/ security in progress or "not started"? For me RCMP screening is "no reportable trace" and criminality is "in progress", but eligibility is "not started". Have you passed eligibility?

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Parkinson said:
Is your criminality/ security in progress or "not started"? For me RCMP screening is "no reportable trace" and criminality is "in progress", but eligibility is "not started". Have you passed eligibility?
Thanks for sharing the info. My criminality says "in progress", security is blank, and RCMP screening says "no reportable trace". Eligibility pre-assessment is done late March, in which the officer decided that I don't have one year of experience.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Anna2013 said:
Thanks for sharing the info. My criminality says "in progress", security is blank, and RCMP screening says "no reportable trace". Eligibility pre-assessment is done late March, in which the officer decided that I don't have one year of experience.
This means that your security assessment is in progress

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
S_Govind said:
This means that your security assessment is in progress
Yes? You previously said that security will be the last step. Okay if security is in progress and I am not hearing anything, does it mean that security is delaying my case? What is security at all and what is the difference with criminality etc?