Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-07-2014
Dear Moderator,

I have yet no updates from CIC on my application. My ID is MAKSohag in the spreadsheet at the link: bit.ly/tpvdZa. Please, remove the "inactive user" comment!

Thanks,

Sohag

BetsyZ

Oct 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have received RCMP Criminal Record Check request today.
I have some questions:

1. They have requested RCMP just for my husband. Do you think that would be a good idea we both send them our RCMP?
2. How long does it take? It says, they should get it within 90 days..
3. Can we do it electronically?
4. Do you know how much is the fee?

Thank you,

mamali

Nov 12, 2013
Hi All,
I have just joined this discussion. I posted my application last month but now I realized that I used the NOC code for Mechanical Engineer instead of 4012! (I used RA letter) any ideas? Do I need to withdraw my application? They have not charged my credit card yet.
and how can I withdraw my application? Do they send me my full package?
Thank you very much for your help, I am so stressful! :-X

zhougt

May 15, 2012
Hi all,

Just have a question about the noc code: I have some internship experience at Disney Research as a Lab Associate (in Pittsburgh, US). I wonder if this experience is qualified to any noc category? My work mainly focuses on research in computer vision. I am not sure if it could help to my FSW PhD application.

It seems like NOC 4012 is not appropriate since Disney is a company, not a university/college. NOC 2173 seems not applicable either, since there is no title for Lab Associate.

kiwignd

Oct 22, 2012
Hi all

I just wanted to update you on my application which was rejected. I received this email from Ottawa indicating that they did not believe that I intended to live in a province other than Quebec.

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Toronto, Ontario, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study at McGill University. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec. I wrote to you of my concerns on June 20, 2013 and you responded by e-mail on July 16, 2013. In your submission, you provided evidence of frequent travel to Toronto, Ontario as well as more information concerning relatives in Ontario.

I considered this evidence and the information you provided in your e-mail. However, I am not satisfied that, were you to obtain permanent residence in Canada, you would intend to establish residence in a province other than the province of Quebec.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Officer
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

So it's back to the drawing board for me. I'll probably just wait until I graduate to apply again and hopefully the stream will still be in operation.

Thanks for all the advice.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
kiwignd said:
Hi all

I just wanted to update you on my application which was rejected. I received this email from Ottawa indicating that they did not believe that I intended to live in a province other than Quebec.

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Toronto, Ontario, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study at McGill University. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec. I wrote to you of my concerns on June 20, 2013 and you responded by e-mail on July 16, 2013. In your submission, you provided evidence of frequent travel to Toronto, Ontario as well as more information concerning relatives in Ontario.

I considered this evidence and the information you provided in your e-mail. However, I am not satisfied that, were you to obtain permanent residence in Canada, you would intend to establish residence in a province other than the province of Quebec.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Sincerely,

Case Officer

So it's back to the drawing board for me. I'll probably just wait until I graduate to apply again and hopefully the stream will still be in operation.

Sorry for that. Yes, this is what happens to most of the applicants from Quebec. May I ask you when you got this rejection e-mail?

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamali said:
Hi All,
I have just joined this discussion. I posted my application last month but now I realized that I used the NOC code for Mechanical Engineer instead of 4012! (I used RA letter) any ideas? Do I need to withdraw my application? They have not charged my credit card yet.
and how can I withdraw my application? Do they send me my full package?
Thank you very much for your help, I am so stressful! :-X
I would say withdraw, correct and re-apply. And before you re-apply, post your letter and NOC code here so that we can check them.
I think you only need to send them an email to withdraw, however I am not sure if they would send your package back (I actually think they would not...)

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhougt said:
Hi all,

Just have a question about the noc code: I have some internship experience at Disney Research as a Lab Associate (in Pittsburgh, US). I wonder if this experience is qualified to any noc category? My work mainly focuses on research in computer vision. I am not sure if it could help to my FSW PhD application.

It seems like NOC 4012 is not appropriate since Disney is a company, not a university/college. NOC 2173 seems not applicable either, since there is no title for Lab Associate.
I had the same issue, and what I ended up doing was to draft a letter where instead of using the job title provided by the company, I made the company sign a letter on which the job title used was the one given under the NOC code.

So, I am sure that "Lab associate" could be called something else by CIC, depending on your duties back then. They may call it "consultant" or "assistant" for example...So ask the company not to use "Lab associate", but rather, whatever CIC uses.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hi guys,

I got PER today. Application received Aug 8, 2013; cash credit card, Nov 2, 2013; PER Nov 12, 2013.
I am a second time applicant.
I only rely on my TA/RA work experience.
So at least from the CIO end, they still accept the TA/RA work. If you need the PER to reduce the tuition, it is still worth trying.

Best,

mamali

Nov 12, 2013
ASG said:
I would say withdraw, correct and re-apply. And before you re-apply, post your letter and NOC code here so that we can check them.
I think you only need to send them an email to withdraw, however I am not sure if they would send your package back (I actually think they would not...)
Thank you very much for your comments.
There are two cases:
I will send an email today to withdraw, but I am not sure about the correct email:
cio-sydney-search-enquiry @ cic.gc.ca or ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca?
and also can I send my documents again by the end of next week? or I should wait for them to reply to my email?

OR:
can I send another application package before I withdraw the previous one. I will withdraw the previous one as soon as I receive the AOR
and my case becomes "In Process"

Which one is better?
Thank you,

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
kiwignd said:
Hi all

Sincerely,

Case Officer

I am sorry to hear that :(
Could you please share your timeline with us? when did you submit your application?

zhougt

May 15, 2012
ASG said:
I had the same issue, and what I ended up doing was to draft a letter where instead of using the job title provided by the company, I made the company sign a letter on which the job title used was the one given under the NOC code.

So, I am sure that "Lab associate" could be called something else by CIC, depending on your duties back then. They may call it "consultant" or "assistant" for example...So ask the company not to use "Lab associate", but rather, whatever CIC uses.
I see. Thank you for the quick response :)

ptrs141

Nov 1, 2013
Updates for my application:

Application reached CIO: 9-Aug-2013
CC/BD encased: 4-Nov-2013
PER issued: 12-Nov-2013

Thanks