+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Habib2012

Dec 13, 2012
Hi
Where is this magic 37.5 number is coming from? I read in the CIC website that full time work means 30h per week...

TyrusX said:
Go talk to the people in your department, They will probably say you can claim 37.5 hours as a RA.If they say so, you can be honest and write a cover letter saying that the information provided in your previous application was wrong due to your supervisor misinterpreting your working hours.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Habib2012 said:
Hi
Where is this magic 37.5 number is coming from? I read in the CIC website that full time work means 30h per week...
When most of us applied the work requirements were 37.5 hours a week, i.e. 9-5 with a half hour break a day per week, totaling 1950 hours with holidays in a 12 month period. I believe the requirements under the new instructions consider 30 hours per week as a full time job.

Habib2012

Dec 13, 2012
Brit_Immigrant said:
When most of us applied the work requirements were 37.5 hours a week, i.e. 9-5 with a half hour break a day per week, totaling 1950 hours with holidays in a 12 month period. I believe the requirements under the new instructions consider 30 hours per week as a full time job.
yes that's apparently true. if u do a search in CIC website equivalent to full time work is 30h per week ! any clue when this has changed?

cyn0sure

Jul 7, 2012
Hi guys, I am a new applicant in PHD stream. I have a question about this stream.
I studied a PhD program in 2010. But I transferred to another PhD program in the same university after one year. So I think I am qualified in this PHD stream under Skilled worker category. I submitted the application on Jan, 2013. However, I got an email today, say that I don't enroll in a PhD program at least 2 years. How can I argue with them about this? Because I transferred the course credits from one PhD program to another.

Could anyone give me some suggestions, please? Thank you very much.

SMike

Jun 20, 2012
Please update my status.

Application received: Dec. 24, 2012

CC encashed: Jan 29, 2013

PER Issued (CIO): Feb. 18, 2013

Nationality: Nigeria

No of persons on application: 2

Work experience: Only TA/RA

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
cyn0sure said:
Hi guys, I am a new applicant in PHD stream. I have a question about this stream.
I studied a PhD program in 2010. But I transferred to another PhD program in the same university after one year. So I think I am qualified in this PHD stream under Skilled worker category. I submitted the application on Jan, 2013. However, I got an email today, say that I don't enroll in a PhD program at least 2 years. How can I argue with them about this? Because I transferred the course credits from one PhD program to another.

Could anyone give me some suggestions, please? Thank you very much.
You have to be in the third year of your current program.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Habib2012 said:
yes that's apparently true. if u do a search in CIC website equivalent to full time work is 30h per week ! any clue when this has changed?
It has not been changed yet for the PhD stream. Most likely FSWP would follow suit in May, and currently, only CEC defines full-time as 30 hours per week, but the definition stays as it was before (37.5 hours per week) at least for PhD stream (since it still uses the old selection factor matrix).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-experience.asp

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
aililia said:
One of them was student at that time and is still student (!) and is going to defend soon but he has a relative out of QC.

I'm working on this issue and trying to find a solution. Lawyers have different suggestions like having job offer, documents showing you are looking for job there, ....
Hey aililia,
Do you have any update or any new suggestions for showing proof that you wanna reside outside the Quebec?
I appreciate, if you please can send me and email as well : npb1362@gmail.com

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
nima2000 said:
Hey aililia,
Do you have any update or any new suggestions for showing proof that you wanna reside outside the Quebec?
I appreciate, if you please can send me and email as well : npb1362 @ gmail.com
Unfortunately I was sick and couldn't work it out yet. As soon as I find new ideas I will update everyone here.

cyn0sure

Jul 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
You have to be in the third year of your current program.
Thank you for your reply. Does the CIC return the documents of the application if I am not eligible, please? Because some certificates are hard to get again.

Thank you so much.

hzebel

Feb 18, 2013
Hello all,
I applied for PhD program on late July and just got an email from CIC. They requested documents including, Bank statement and CV.
As far as i know there has to be at least 11k $ in the account for period of 6 months.
I had about 2 to 3 K in my account during last 6 months. I'd been paid by school 1500$ every month and I also have an offer for postdoc starting on April and it is 45K/year.
Do you have any suggestion what should I do ?
how about if I get a bank statement from my home country?
thanks

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
nima2000 said:
Hey aililia,
I appreciate, if you please can send me and email as well : npb1362 @ gmail.com
Hi , I am also looking for this. would be grateful if you share any updats. my email is: boucauteboy@gmail.com . which university are you from ?

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
hzebel said:
Hello all,
I applied for PhD program on late July and just got an email from CIC. They requested documents including, Bank statement and CV.
As far as i know there has to be at least 11k $ in the account for period of 6 months.
I had about 2 to 3 K in my account during last 6 months. I'd been paid by school 1500$ every month and I also have an offer for postdoc starting on April and it is 45K/year.
Do you have any suggestion what should I do ?
how about if I get a bank statement from my home country?
thanks
As per my knowledge, if you have job offer then there will be no problem.
Either you need have 11k or Arranged employment.
Just go through OP 6 (application received after 2010). You may get proper information there

Hope you will get appropriate advise from other member of this forum.
wish you luck

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
cyn0sure said:
Thank you for your reply. Does the CIC return the documents of the application if I am not eligible, please? Because some certificates are hard to get again.

Thank you so much.

no ! keep the originals with you and submit notarized copy.. However consult some appropriate person regarding this