+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hzebel

Feb 18, 2013
Uwindsor2009 said:
As per my knowledge, if you have job offer then there will be no problem.
Either you need have 11k or Arranged employment.
Just go through OP 6 (application received after 2010). You may get proper information there

Hope you will get appropriate advise from other member of this forum.
wish you luck

Thanks for the reply but I just registered here and i have no idea what is the OP 6!! would you mind sending me the link or sth. like that?

hzebel

Feb 18, 2013
Uwindsor2009 said:
As per my knowledge, if you have job offer then there will be no problem.
Either you need have 11k or Arranged employment.
Just go through OP 6 (application received after 2010). You may get proper information there

Hope you will get appropriate advise from other member of this forum.
wish you luck

Thanks for the reply but I just registered here and i have no idea what is the OP 6!! would you mind sending me the link or sth. like that?

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
hzebel said:

Try this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/index.asp

Wait for other members suggestions 8) 8) 8) too

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hzebel said:
Would u mind to share with us your timeline of application?

hzebel

Feb 18, 2013
maytheflower said:
Would u mind to share with us your timeline of application?
application submission: Aug 5 th, 2012
application and UCI number received: Oct. 21 th, 2012
Doc request: Feb. 18th. 2013

Thanks

hzebel

Feb 18, 2013
maytheflower said:
does the offer letter for postdoc works? how does the OP 6 works? do I need work permit now?
I will be graduated in 2 month and right after i will start my post doc

======================
Hello all,
I applied for PhD program on late July and just got an email from CIC. They requested documents including, Bank statement and CV.
As far as i know there has to be at least 11k $ in the account for period of 6 months.
I had about 2 to 3 K in my account during last 6 months. I'd been paid by school 1500$ every month and I also have an offer for postdoc starting on April and it is 45K/year.
Do you have any suggestion what should I do ?
how about if I get a bank statement from my home country?
thanks
===================

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
hzebel said:
does the offer letter for postdoc works? how does the OP 6 works? do I need work permit now?
I will be graduated in 2 month and right after i will start my post doc

======================
Hello all,
I applied for PhD program on late July and just got an email from CIC. They requested documents including, Bank statement and CV.
As far as i know there has to be at least 11k $ in the account for period of 6 months.
I had about 2 to 3 K in my account during last 6 months. I'd been paid by school 1500$ every month and I also have an offer for postdoc starting on April and it is 45K/year.
Do you have any suggestion what should I do ?
how about if I get a bank statement from my home country?
thanks
===================
Yes you can also depend on bank statement from back home.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
applicants from Quebec! Does anybody know approximately how long after receiving the documents does the officer make sure about whether the applicant would leave Quebec or not?

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
I was looking for the post here that mentioned the letter from the officer to the applicant from Quebec where the officer was not convinced he will leave Quebec. Does anybody know at what stage in the process this happens? is it the very last stage where the officer is supposed to decide whether to grant visa or not? any idea approximately how long after receiving the application the officer wants to make sure if the applicant will leave Quebec or not?

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
another question to those apply from Quebec. If you show the officer a job offer from outside Quebec that was given to you a few months ago and for some reason you had to deny it, do you think it would be enough t0 show your interest in working outside Quebec?

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
Hey Guys! I submitted the requested documents and received an email yesterday asking for police certificate, CV and details of my research :)
I have to prepare another package :(

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Why do not they start processing the 2nd half of Feb applications :). I am really tired of waiting. We should here something these days as we have entered into the 2nd half of Feb 2013.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aidina said:
Why do not they start processing the 2nd half of Feb applications :). I am really tired of waiting. We should here something these days as we have entered into the 2nd half of Feb 2013.
I've been noticing a pattern, although I can't proof it yet - that they tend to process doc request (med, bank statement, police cert, cv, list of pub) mostly before the 15 of the month (1st - 15th) and then lay low for our stream for the 2nd half.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
websphereguy said:
I've been noticing a pattern, although I can't proof it yet - that they tend to process doc request (med, bank statement, police cert, cv, list of pub) mostly before the 15 of the month (1st - 15th) and then lay low for our stream for the 2nd half.
It might be true. However, I hope it is not, otherwise I would need to wait until the first half of April to be contacted.