+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Did you guys copy the exact NOC job description into your work experience letters?
Isn't it bad, because the officer may say you should not copy the duties in your letter. Instead your employer should write what you really did in your work.
We need to hear from the fellows who got MR.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
[/quote

No, don't use exactly the same job description on your letter. Those are keywords that should appear on the text citing you responsabilities. If you copy and past what is there you risk getting rejected. Name your tasks, results, projects and duties.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Habib2012 said:
Hey Absolopute_boy97
I have the same situation as you have. How about us getting in touch with each other? can you give me your email address or sth?
Hi Habib2012, I had a question a bit off topic here,if a phd student in Quebec applies for CSQ , do they count his/her RA as work expereince? given that he/she will provide a letter from supervisor just like what they do for the federal phd stream?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:
salam20 said:
No, don't use exactly the same job description on your letter. Those are keywords that should appear on the text citing you responsabilities. If you copy and past what is there you risk getting rejected. Name your tasks, results, projects and duties.
OK , now I'm confused. I wrote the following duties in my second RA letter. They said we considered it but it is not sufficient. What else should I write in my RA letter? Any suggestion or keyword? I will take this letter to my graduate administer and she'll sign it.

working with his PhD supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research, literature reviews and studies, develop and improve scientific methods, perform lab experiments, prepare results, and write reports and scientific publications.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
hamed_hamed_hamed said:

OK , now I'm confused. I wrote the following duties in my second RA letter. They said we considered it but it is not sufficient. What else should I write in my RA letter? Any suggestion or keyword? I will take this letter to my graduate administer and she'll sign it.

working with his PhD supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research, literature reviews and studies, develop and improve scientific methods, perform lab experiments, prepare results, and write reports and scientific publications.
I saw on this forum that RA jobs is not count starting from Jan 2013. Please correct me fellows.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:

Develop research in what? What kind of research? What techniques? What is the name of the project? What is the field? Is it quantitiative, qualitative? What are the outcomes? What you wrote is totally superficial and generic, you are just reusing the keywords in a simple sentence. DETAILS are crucial.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
I saw on this forum that RA jobs is not count starting from Jan 2013. Please correct me fellows.
not counting for CEC anymore. Doesn't affect FSW class.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:
Develop research in what? What kind of research? What techniques? What is the name of the project? What is the field? Is it quantitiative, qualitative? What are the outcomes? What you wrote is totally superficial and generic, you are just reusing the keywords in a simple sentence. DETAILS are crucial.
Thanks TyrusX. If I change the hours I worked per week as an RA in my letters, is it considered dishonesty?
The story is that last year my supervisor wrote only 15 hours work per week in my RA letter. But he agrees that he can correct it and write more hours ex. 20 hours per week.
But if I write 20 hours per week in my new application, is it considered dishonesty? Honestly, I believe I worked more that 15 hours/week.

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
I'm wondering if it is possible to bring the passport to the Ottawa office and stamp the PR visa on site. I heard from a friend that people did this before in the buffalo office.

TyrusX said:
I think you get like 15 days to submit your passaport after the request. But they may take up to a month or 6 weeks to return it.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Thanks TyrusX. If I change the hours I worked per week as an RA in my letters, is it considered dishonesty?
The story is that last year my supervisor wrote only 15 hours work per week in my RA letter. But he agrees that he can correct it and write more hours ex. 20 hours per week.
But if I write 20 hours per week in my new application, is it considered dishonesty? Honestly, I believe I worked more that 15 hours/week.
Go talk to the people in your department, They will probably say you can claim 37.5 hours as a RA.If they say so, you can be honest and write a cover letter saying that the information provided in your previous application was wrong due to your supervisor misinterpreting your working hours.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
absolute_boy97 said:
Hi Habib2012, I had a question a bit off topic here,if a phd student in Quebec applies for CSQ , do they count his/her RA as work expereince? given that he/she will provide a letter from supervisor just like what they do for the federal phd stream?
to those who are from quebec, I have this question.if a phd student in Quebec applies for CSQ , do they count his/her RA as work expereince? given that he/she will provide a letter from supervisor just like what they do for the federal phd stream?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Jason Kenney ‏@kenneyjason

@SJoseph1201 The May intake of new FSWP applications will be very limited & will go to the back of the queue, behind MI-1s (except for AEOs)

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
Jason Kenney ‏ @ kenneyjason

@ SJoseph1201 The May intake of new FSWP applications will be very limited & will go to the back of the queue, behind MI-1s (except for AEOs)
I saw that and also checked out some of the datasets from CIC which is here
http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=6E81B685-1&parent=51383040-F4F9-4B96-9E6B-2D70AAFB522A