+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
Re: update

nasim2, is your RA considered as the working experience?

nasim2 said:
Hello

I received an email from CIC, requesting following documents:
1-POF
2-CV
3-Supervisor information
4-feild of study

You may want to update this in the excel file.

Thank you and Regards,

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013

hqdavidzhang said:
nasim2, is your RA considered as the working experience?
I have included the GRA, but I also had work experience back home.
In my GCMS, I had points for work experience but it does not show for which one. (but it was in CIO I believe)
There was nothing for Ottawa office in my file, I believe. and no due dates.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013

The_Prince said:
We will see. If I did not receive any e-mails from Ottawa till the end of this month I will send them an inquiry e-mail.
Do you receive these e-mails from <OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca> ? I just want to check my spam ?
it is from: CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013

The_Prince said:
We will see. If I did not receive any e-mails from Ottawa till the end of this month I will send them an inquiry e-mail.
Do you receive these e-mails from <OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca> ? I just want to check my spam ?
Don't worry, see xhiddenx (he is almost applied with us), but he got document request a month ago.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014

nasim2 said:
Don't worry, see xhiddenx (he is almost applied with us), but he got document request a month ago.
Yes you are right, and that's why I will wait for a while before I contact them. Thanks for your reply

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014

nasim2 said:
it is from: CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca>
I did not find anything in my spam, which is good.
Do they change your status on the CIC website after they send you a document request ?

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013

The_Prince said:
Do they change your status on the CIC website after they send you a document request ?
No, It is still the same.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013

The_Prince said:
It is still in process. and when I click on it it says : We have received your application. just it.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012

nasim2 said:
It is still in process. and when I click on it it says : We have received your application. just it.
Will not be any change in your e-cas status. Not everybody gets the doc request. PhD information, CV, and etc doc requests are made to Iranians only.

JVD3

Jan 22, 2014

Please add me to your list guys.

Doc Received: Dec 03, 2013
Email received : Feb 04, 2014
Exp: RA+TA

I had an experience which may helpful to some. I didn't put my cc info. rather I sent a money order. I had my cc stolen couple of times and I though it would be a headache if it happens again while my application is still with cic.
With money order you can still check with your bank to see if it's been cashed. So, I thought it's safer.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
climate_modeller said:
Most people are talking about the due date at the bottom of page 2. The other due dates are for specific tasks. Mine said the same thing: criminality is in progress, and security and Medicals are not started.

That report was generated on 12 Nov 2013 (the day I requested it). It was actually emailed on 11 Dec 2013 (the day it was due). Yes, they generated it the first day; sat on it for 30 days; and emailed it the day it was due. Go figure?

I'm expecting my next one tomorrow (6 Feb 2014).
Thanks for the explanation. The due date is 28th of January, 2014 which is already passed. What does that mean? They were going to assess my file then?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
climate_modeller said:
Where do "ratings" come from? and how is the info in the side bar (under one's name) generated?
You have to log in, in order to give some one rating or to update profile information. Once you are logged in on the top right corner of the page you see "profile" tab. When you click on that a new page opens where you see "account related settings" and "forum related settings" where you can update your details. For giving some one rating, once you are logged in you can see "Ratings -Good -Poor" tabs under their username. If you like their post and information hit "Good" tab otherwise the contrary.

Zare

Feb 7, 2014
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anybody that has been rejected because of the NOC responsibility mismatch had a chance by sending CIC a reconsideration letter? I feel like my reference letter provides the tasks mentioned in NOC, just not in the same wording!!

I talked to a lawyer today and they asked for 5000$ to process an appeal!! and they said it takes a year to get the final result...

I am also going to try to talk to the MP soon.

would be any other option that I can consider?

Thanks

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Zare said:
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anybody that has been rejected because of the NOC responsibility mismatch had a chance by sending CIC a reconsideration letter? I feel like my reference letter provides the tasks mentioned in NOC, just not in the same wording!!

I talked to a lawyer today and they asked for 5000$ to process an appeal!! and they said it takes a year to get the final result...

I am also going to try to talk to the MP soon.

would be any other option that I can consider?

Thanks
They will not consider any new letter added after their final decision. Do not waste your money.

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
meyakanor said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2014/2014-02-06e.asp

Just want to expand a bit on the new rules, especially the bit that I think will impact most of us, who applied under the PhD stream. One of the proposed changes to the citizenship rules would be that non-PR days will no longer be counted towards citizenship. This will set a lot of us, who are planning to apply for citizenship, by at least two years.
I think this is totally unfair! why should the non-PR days be completely wiped off ?? Isn't the new rules intended to strengthen the application of those who are living in Canada for more years? so why not counting those year...

I feel so frustrated :(