+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
My new due date: March 25, 2014. This is the second time. At least I can add my PhD degree to my file by that time pending on a successful defense!
I applied around the same time too, so I guess mine will also be postponed to March end:-(

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
sgtrigger said:
Thanks for the reply. I am already married and had added her to my file previously. Just wanted to update her new passport and was wondering if I had to send it or she would have to but I guess I have to send them so will do so:)
Yes, you should update it yourself.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Seems like we are experiencing another silence period from Ottawa. No medical or pass requests for a
few weeks so far.

moo

Feb 10, 2014
Hi, I am about to submit my application for Phd stream, my only question and concern is that how many hours i have to provide in my RA reference letter that i get from my supervisor? i have heard that i should not say full time like (40 hours or 30 Hours)? is that true? is there any case that because of that is rejected? if this is the case, 20 hours per week is ok ?

nadbp

Feb 6, 2014
moo said:
Hi, I am about to submit my application for Phd stream, my only question and concern is that how many hours i have to provide in my RA reference letter that i get from my supervisor? i have heard that i should not say full time like (40 hours or 30 Hours)? is that true? is there any case that because of that is rejected? if this is the case, 20 hours per week is ok ?
Hi, the immigration consultant of my university just tells me that RA time of PhD students will not be considered as working experience because this is part of our studies. :(

Can anyone tell me whether it is true? So sad.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
nadbp said:
Hi, the immigration consultant of my university just tells me that RA time of PhD students will not be considered as working experience because this is part of our studies. :(

Can anyone tell me whether it is true? So sad.
Just take a look at the tracker to find out how many people have been accepted just by claiming RA/TA.

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
Good day,

I received the RPRF email from CIC with the following content:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

My questions are
(1) Is it still possible that I got rejected due to TA/RA working experience issues (which is a huge pain for all PhD stream applicants)?
(2) Does admissibility review include working experience assessment?

Any reply (answers, passed experience, or guess) will be highly appreciated! Thank you guys!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
thundervikes said:
Good day,

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

My questions are
(1) Is it still possible that I got rejected due to TA/RA working experience issues (which is a huge pain for all PhD stream applicants)?

Any reply (answers, passed experience, or guess) will be highly appreciated! Thank you guys!
Most probably you will get your medical tomorrow. This is a general text, and clearly states "...has been found eligible ...". Congrat. What is your timeline by the way?

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
aidina said:
Most probably you will get your medical tomorrow. This is a general text, and clearly states "...has been found eligible ...". Congrat. What is your timeline by the way?
Hi aidina, thank you so much! Further question: Even I receive ME tomorrow, CIC may still reject me, right? Thank you again.

Timeline:
2013 Apr - Submit
2013 May - FN
2014 Feb - RPRF

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
thundervikes said:
Good day,

My questions are

Congrats ! that is so fast. What nationality and which Visa Office ?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
thundervikes, you won't be rejected due to eligibility at this point. Congrats :)

Admissibility is the only one to stop you from getting PR now. Just don't commit any crimes and you should be fine :)

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
thundervikes said:
Hi aidina, thank you so much! Further question: Even I receive ME tomorrow, CIC may still reject me, right? Thank you again.

Timeline:
2013 Apr - Submit
2013 May - FN
2014 Feb - RPRF
Not because of work experience anymore. You might be rejected if you do not pass admissibility.

nadbp

Feb 6, 2014
aidina said:
Just take a look at the tracker to find out how many people have been accepted just by claiming RA/TA.
Hi, She said TA is OK, but RA during PhD study does not count. I hope she is wrong.