20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
proclivity said:
I think I belong to the "people" you are talking about. I have TA/RA experience only. The responsibilities are only described by my TA/RA supervisors since the secretary in our department guided me to do that. Could you please send me the link about this reference letter? I am not sure if I can get it from my department or the graduate studies. Thank you.
Please follow the link, this is my last version of updated letter and many of the senior members of this forum greatly accept this format.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.0.html;msg2353846#msg2353846

Nevertheless, I also encourage you to have a look on some others letters as well.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
proclivity said:
I think I belong to the "people" you are talking about. I have TA/RA experience only. The responsibilities are only described by my TA/RA supervisors since the secretary in our department guided me to do that. Could you please send me the link about this reference letter? I am not sure if I can get it from my department or the graduate studies. Thank you.

Make sure your letter embodies all aspects of the lead statement for the NOC code 4012 as well the main duties under it.....

4012 - Post-secondary teaching and research assistants

Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.

Illustrative example(s)

college laboratory assistant
college teaching assistant
graduate assistant - university
post-secondary research assistant
research assistant, university

All examples 4012 Post-secondary teaching and research assistants

Main duties

Post-secondary teaching assistants perform some or all of the following duties:

Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations
Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.

Research assistants perform some or all of the following duties:

Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.

Post-secondary teaching and research assistants specialize in a subject matter based on their field of study.

do not copy and paste make sure you use key words such as Assist, conduct, compile, analyze etc etc. Do not be verbose be direct and to the point

good luck

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
shosseini said:
Hi Everybody,

I have received my file number in March 2012, and then I have done my medical as per their requested July 2012. After that I have been requested to send different documents that I have provided them all. I have applied for CAPIS and it shows that I have passed the eligibility tests and now I am in security screening step since Jan 2013.
Does anybody know anything about it for example how long it will take?
As my medical is approaching to its expiry soon do you know if I can expedite this step anyhow?
Somebody has told me I can email Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and ask about my file do you have any idea about it?

Thanks All

You can file an inquiry under the access to information act. Quote your file number and mention the reason for your inquiry- Immigration Background/Security Check.

They have to respond within 30 days I suppose. You can direct your inquiries to the address below. The security act prevents CSIS from divulging the current status of your checks i.e passed or failed or in progress. All they will say is they have forwarded a report to CIC.

http://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/tp/tp-eng.asp

Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
P.O. Box 9732 Station T
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 4G4
Toll Free: 1-877-995-9903
Phone: (613) 231-0107
Fax: (613) 842-1271
Email: ATIP-AIPRP @ smtp.gc.ca

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)

DanielKevin

Jun 27, 2013
Thank you for your post. Looks like claiming full time (37+ hrs/week) RA/TA is fine.
But I am still trying to figure out what is the safest number hrs/week as my RA is from 2009 to now and I do not need plenty of points from work experience. Satisfying the minimum work experience is enough for me.

N_O said:
This is a successful reference letter.

jfromlamp

Jul 8, 2013
Hi folks,

I am sure most of my questions have been answered somewhere in this forum, but I am new here. I have done some searching, but without success.

I applied under the Phd Scheme in Dec 2012. In Feb 2013 I received an email from the intake office telling me that my application had been passed onto a visa office. I now understand that I am likely to be rejected because the employment letter from my university does not use the right language to match the NOC code 4012.

Here are my questions: A lot of posts talk about the lead statement, what is this and do I just copy this from somewhere?

once I have my updated letters do I just send them to the visa office with the UCI code on the envelope?

Is there anyone out there who can look at my letters and say if they will work?

Thank you in anticipation of your help and thank you for supporting this forum.

Regards

j

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
jfromlamp said:
A lot of posts talk about the lead statement, what is this and do I just copy this from somewhere?
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges. Do not copy verbatim !!!

jfromlamp said:
once I have my updated letters do I just send them to the visa office with the UCI code on the envelope?
yes

jfromlamp said:
Is there anyone out there who can look at my letters and say if they will work?
Post them here and I'm sure each one of us would be glad to help. Make sure you delete your personal information before posting. Use XXX for example.

The forum is here to share, help and learn from each other !!

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Thank you very much. Do you show this draft to your department and ask them to write a similar document for you, or just simply ask them to verify you letter?

kaziahmmed said:
Please follow the link, this is my last version of updated letter and many of the senior members of this forum greatly accept this format.

Nevertheless, I also encourage you to have a look on some others letters as well.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfromlamp said:
Also, you can email the scan of your updated reference letter to OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

zebrafish

Jul 8, 2013
Hi all,
I'm new on this forum. How can we know if the cap for the PhD applications has been reached or how many application have been submitted? I can't find this information on the CIC website :(
thanks if you can help me out!

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
proclivity said:
Thank you very much. Do you show this draft to your department and ask them to write a similar document for you, or just simply ask them to verify you letter?
I gave this draft to my department and asked them if they are OK with all these information then issue this letter on the department letter head , singn it (department manger/co-coordinator), and give me in a sealed envelope. They were OK with all those information and gave me a photo copy of that letter before sealing that up in the envelope. I found them very very co-operative. Hope this helps.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
zebrafish said:
Hi all,
I'm new on this forum. How can we know if the cap for the PhD applications has been reached or how many application have been submitted? I can't find this information on the CIC website :(
thanks if you can help me out!
You need to check out the following page frequently:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

They used to mention the number of applicants (under PhD stream) reached CIO in the same page. I'm not sure why they have not done so yet, but surely they will, once the number of PhD applicants becomes substantial.

shosseini

Oct 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the information. Do I need to send them any documents as well? or just a letter of request is enough?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Feb2004 said:
Since most of us have been sending updated experience letters, I am wondering if we need to update Schedule 3 also, changing the main duties. Or it doesn't matter?
I think its a good idea, though it might not be accepted as it is after application submission and you can't update after submission. But I think I will do it tomorrow, why not, it's not gonna hurt and it's not gonna help, might as well do it.

Thoughts????

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
starrysky said:
Thanks. Hope you hear from Ottawa soon.
I have to send two PCCs in total which are Malaysia and HK. I have send PCC from M'sia together with my application but don't have the one from HK. In March, Ottawa requested POF and PCC from HK which I have send them in right away.
Thanks for reply

Dec_Applicant said:
I think I am in line after starrysky. I have sent the updated reference letter on June 20, by mail and email, but no confirmation weather it is included in my file. Why do u guys think? will calling or visiting Local MP office helps?

Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks.
I sent docs on after mid of June and recently I got a confirmation. You may send an email per week to ask if the documents you sent were attached to your file or not.