CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
MH_A said:
The funny part is that I gave 0213 as the NOC code for my first occupation period, but the second NOC code I selected was 2133, not 0213!!!
About 0213, I agree that my reference letter did not match very well with the 0213 code (I should have selected another code), but my reference letter matched the 2133 code for my second job period. I worked for 3 years as Electrical Design Engineer which I selected 2133 code for. It seems that the officer considered 0213 as the code for both periods. I want to appeal for this reason. Could you please let me know how I can appeal and how long doe it take for them to reconsider?

Thanks.
The first step is to send them an email, tell them that you chose NOC 2133 not the other NOC, it may take few weeks to respond.
Order you GCMS notes to get the full picture. They may tell you it was a typo and even with the correct NOC you didn't meet the requirements or they may put your file again under process. Some applicants got help from their MP office, the assistant can call the CIC directly to inquire about the decision as you believe there was a mistake.
Good Luck!

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
MH_A said:
The funny part is that I gave 0213 as the NOC code for my first occupation period, but the second NOC code I selected was 2133, not 0213!!!
About 0213, I agree that my reference letter did not match very well with the 0213 code (I should have selected another code), but my reference letter matched the 2133 code for my second job period. I worked for 3 years as Electrical Design Engineer which I selected 2133 code for. It seems that the officer considered 0213 as the code for both periods. I want to appeal for this reason. Could you please let me know how I can appeal and how long doe it take for them to reconsider?

Thanks.
Sorry for the sad news!. Didn't you submit any TA/RA experience?? if so didn't you update the letter with the necessary words??? Please let us know. The first thing I would also like to suggest you as N_O said already: please send them e-mail regarding the NOC code error. If it is possible attach the Schedule-3, Economic Class form which you have submitted them with your application so give them as a proof. Visit your local MP office asap go with all those forms and the rejection letter copy to show them the detail. At the same time order the GCMS note quickly. The link for GCMS is at my signature so please follow the link, although it will take almost a month to get the processing detail. Please let us know your TA/RA experience

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kaziahmmed said:
Sorry for the sad news!. Didn't you submit any TA/RA experience?? if so didn't you update the letter with the necessary words??? Please let us know. The first thing I would also like to suggest you as N_O said already: please send them e-mail regarding the NOC code error. If it is possible attach the Schedule-3, Economic Class form which you have submitted them with your application so give them as a proof. Visit your local MP office asap go with all those forms and the rejection letter copy to show them the detail. At the same time order the GCMS note quickly. The link for GCMS is at my signature so please follow the link, although it will take almost a month to get the processing detail. Please let us know your TA/RA experience
According to the spreadsheet, he didn't submit TA/RA reference letter.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
N_O said:
According to the spreadsheet, he didn't submit TA/RA reference letter.
Don't know why, why ppl don't submit the easy thing? since its always difficult to get/update the reference letter from back home but I believe in every Canadian University the graduate studies department is so helpful and cooperative to do this job for us.
So requesting all the new applicants please submit your TA/RA experience. We have already produced a very effective reference letter from the forum, so please follow that or ask for help.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks N_O and kaziahmmed for your comments. I sent them a short Email stating the situation asking for reconsideration (to OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca).
I did not include the TA/RA in my work experience since I had the work experience before PhD.
Does anybody know where is the MP office in Calgary and How can I contact them?

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Don't know why, why ppl don't submit the easy thing? since its always difficult to get/update the reference letter from back home but I believe in every Canadian University the graduate studies department is so helpful and cooperative to do this job for us.
So requesting all the new applicants please submit your TA/RA experience. We have already produced a very effective reference letter from the forum, so please follow that or ask for help.
I did not have TA experience at the time of my application. On the other hand, I did not know that TA/RA is considered as work experience :p

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
MH_A said:
I did not have TA experience at the time of my application. On the other hand, I did not know that TA/RA is considered as work experience :p
But there are already a number of ppls who got their PR just with TA/RA. And one more thing I believe here more than 50% ppls had previous experience other than TA/RA but still they are submitting their TA/RA experience. My understanding is that the more option you will have. the less opportunity they will have to reject you. All we need just one yr experience to count.
Thanks

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
MH_A said:
Thanks N_O and kaziahmmed for your comments. I sent them a short Email stating the situation asking for reconsideration (to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca).
I did not include the TA/RA in my work experience since I had the work experience before PhD.
Does anybody know where is the MP office in Calgary and How can I contact them?
Use very effective subject to catch their attention.......like Urgent query regarding NOC code error made by CIC......OR something like that. Sorry my English is not very good :(

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
But there are already a number of ppls who got their PR just with TA/RA. And one more thing I believe here more than 50% ppls had previous experience other than TA/RA but still they are submitting their TA/RA experience. My understanding is that the more option you will have. the less opportunity they will have to reject you. All we need just one yr experience to count.
Thanks
I understand, I meant that I did non know that TA/RA is considered as work experience at the time of my application (I did not see this wonderful forum at that time ;)), but I do not regret since they could have said the same thing about my TA/RA.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Use very effective subject to catch their attention.......like Urgent query regarding NOC code error made by CIC......OR something like that. Sorry my English is not very good :(
Actually they need the application number and the reason of contacting them in the Email title so I put: "Application: XXXXX, Error in decision letter (incorrect NOC considered)" as the Email title, Also this is the Email I sent them (The information I put are required according to their auto-reply Email):

Surname: XXXX
Given name: XXXX
DOB: XXXX
UCI: XXXX
Application: XXXX
Type of Application: Economic class (PhD student)
Email: XXXX

Dear immigration visa officer,
I received the following Email showing that I did not meet the eligibility requirements regarding my application for permanent residency.
I provided NOC code 2133 as the NOC code for my occupation in Dec. 2005-Nov. 2008 period, but in the Email it is stated that 0213 is considered for my work period. I would like to ask for reconsideration regarding this matter.

Regards,
XXXX

I did not attach the schedule 3 form.
I think contacting MP office may help. Should I contact with the office shown in this page?
http://calgary.foundlocally.com/local/Gov-FederalMPs.htm

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Since most of us have been sending updated experience letters, I am wondering if we need to update Schedule 3 also, changing the main duties. Or it doesn't matter?

Arn_84

Jul 7, 2013
Feb2004 said:
Since most of us have been sending updated experience letters, I am wondering if we need to update Schedule 3 also, changing the main duties. Or it doesn't matter?
Yes. Exactly. I asked the same questions yesterday :)

Although I think I will not wait for a clear answer and send my updated letter as soon as possible. Because I am a November applicant too. Their recent Rejections and Medical Requets from November applicants frightens me. I fear that it is already late to update my letter !!?!!?

DanielKevin

Jun 27, 2013
Is there a link to that "very effective reference letter"? Also, what is a good number of work hours per week for RA (NOC4012)? It seems it should not be like a >30 hr/week full-time job as the applicant is also a full-time student.

Thanks!

kaziahmmed said:

shosseini

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks for the information. Do I need to send them any document or a letter of request is enough?

Hi Everybody,

I have received my file number in March 2012, and then I have done my medical as per their requested July 2012. After that I have been requested to send different documents that I have provided them all. I have applied for CAPIS and it shows that I have passed the eligibility tests and now I am in security screening step since Jan 2013.
Does anybody know anything about it for example how long it will take?
As my medical is approaching to its expiry soon do you know if I can expedite this step anyhow?
Somebody has told me I can email Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and ask about my file do you have any idea about it?

Thanks All

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
I think I belong to the "people" you are talking about. I have TA/RA experience only. The responsibilities are only described by my TA/RA supervisors since the secretary in our department guided me to do that. Could you please send me the link about this reference letter? I am not sure if I can get it from my department or the graduate studies. Thank you.

kaziahmmed said: