20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
starrysky said:
Hi all, I've just received medical request today!! Hopefully this indicates that I've passed all the eligibility test? You might notice that I've applied in Nov 2012, it's a quick process for me. Maybe because I proactively send in a new employment letter when they request for 6 months bank account history in March this year? My old letter doesnt have the magic word "assist" so that I have to send in the new letter. Anyway, I'll have to order CAIPS asap for much detailed information on my file. The last caips that I ordered in April showed none of the eligibility tests have started.
Congratulations! its really quite early for you. Lucky you are indeed!!!. What is your e-cas status showing now. But I m pretty sure you have passed the eligibility already. I think when the RCMP screening comes clear they can make the decision. Since every individual is different therefore RCMP screening takes different time to process and that could be the reason why the applicants who applied later getting MR than the earlier applicant.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
Feb2004 said:
Congratulations! That's fast. After updating your documents in March, did you make an email enquiry to know if the documents were attached to your file?

Yes, I have send them email after sending the doc, but no reply at all. Anyway, I applied caips back in April and I found that they have actually attached my new letter to my file.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Congratulations! its really quite early for you. Lucky you are indeed!!!. What is your e-cas status showing now. But I m pretty sure you have passed the eligibility already. I think when the RCMP screening comes clear they can make the decision. Since every individual is different therefore RCMP screening takes different time to process and that could be the reason why the applicants who applied later getting MR than the earlier applicant.
My ecas is still showing "we received your application on Nov...."
Yes, maybe that's the case. Also my husband had applied through CEC before and he waited for more than a year and half to get the rejection letter. I applied through phd stream right after he got the rejection letter. So maybe they already did background check on him.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
starrysky said:
Hi all, I've just received medical request today!! Hopefully this indicates that I've passed all the eligibility test? You might notice that I've applied in Nov 2012, it's a quick process for me. Maybe because I proactively send in a new employment letter when they request for 6 months bank account history in March this year? My old letter doesnt have the magic word "assist" so that I have to send in the new letter. Anyway, I'll have to order CAIPS asap for much detailed information on my file. The last caips that I ordered in April showed none of the eligibility tests have started.
Unbelievably quick. Congrat. Did you apply at CPP-Ottawa?

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I would like to have the experience of people who have reapplied under this stream after being rejected based on the experience letter:

was any of you accepted the second time around? (or is it too soon to tell?)

did you have to retake your language test or is there a way to let Ottawa know that the test was already conducted and that they have the results in their file?

Thanks a lot!!!!!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
aidina, I'm sorry that you have wasted 1,100 pretty much for nothing, but I hope you don't care too much about the money as long as you get the status (well, money is money, but one can't never be too cautious when dealing with these people). Congratulations on your MR :D

starrysky, that was really fast. As kaziahmmed said, once your RCMP screening is concluded and eligibility is confirmed, GCMS automatically generates medical request (which was why the request for medical was not sent by the (in)famous FA01772 department or section, but an automated message). Again, congratulations, and I believe this is a good news, especially for those applying after November 2012.

ASG said:
I would like to have the experience of people who have reapplied under this stream after being rejected based on the experience letter:

was any of you accepted the second time around? (or is it too soon to tell?)

did you have to retake your language test or is there a way to let Ottawa know that the test was already conducted and that they have the results in their file?

Thanks a lot!!!!!
I think Dani1982 should be next in line to hear anything, and he re-applied July last year. Let's hope these guys would hear positive news soon.

Regarding your IELTS, if the scores are less than two years old, then you won't have to retake the test, but it's always good to re-order the original score sheet and re-submit it with the new application. Theoretically, though, it is enough to include just the copy, and write on cover letter that your old application was rejected, and Ottawa was in possession of your original score report.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:
aidina, I'm sorry that you have wasted 1,100 pretty much for nothing, but I hope you don't care too much about the money as long as you get the status (well, money is money, but one can't never be too cautious when dealing with these people). Congratulations on your MR :D

starrysky, that was really fast. As kaziahmmed said, once your RCMP screening is concluded and eligibility is confirmed, GCMS automatically generates medical request (which was why the request for medical was not sent by the (in)famous FA01772 department or section, but an automated message). Again, congratulations, and I believe this is a good news, especially for those applying after November 2012.

I think Dani1982 should be next in line to hear anything, and he re-applied July last year. Let's hope these guys would hear positive news soon.

Regarding your IELTS, if the scores are less than two years old, then you won't have to retake the test, but it's always good to re-order the original score sheet and re-submit it with the new application. Theoretically, though, it is enough to include just the copy, and write on cover letter that your old application was rejected, and Ottawa was in possession of your original score report.
This is also my second application and already wasted 1100 dollars in last year. I have applied first time in Nov 2011 :((

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
asbereth said:
Thank you man, I really hope so.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks a lot for the info...I knew about the 2 year limit, but I can't seem to figure out how to reorder the score sheet. I ended up writing the test center to ask them about it.

Now, for the ones who have reapplied due to the experience letter:
would you mind PMing me your original letter, and the letter you used in your second application?

I want to cover all the bases now, so it would be most helpful.

Thank you so much to all of you. I have to say, this thread is a great source of useful info.

habibe

Feb 23, 2012
habibe said:
Hi fellow applicants, I am new to this forum and I appreciate the work you are doing here.
We made our application last year and after a long waiting process we received our pass. request. yet the stress continues because we are not in Canada and we are coming back at the end of the summer. We cannot mail them our passports. Before our departure from Canada, we contacted CIC asking if we are required to submit an address change form although our permanent address is still in Canada. They told us all necessary communication with us will be made via email and in case our application is approved while we are away, we could contact the Canadian Embassy. The embassy in our home country says that they cannot process our file as they do not have access to it. I sent an email to OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca 6 days ago but have not received a reply yet. how long does it usually take them to reply? we also tried the call center. they say we need to wait for a reply to our email. the pass request email we received states that CIC should receive our passports within 60 days and I am worried about the deadline. I wonder if anybody here has any suggestions. thank you!

I made a note of our info and time line below for the tracker:
application (2 people) 23 March 2012
payment 28 March 2012
PER 12 April 2012
RPRF request April4 2013
medical request April 5 2013
passport request May 13 2013
visa office Ottawa
nationality Turkish
work experience other

Hi again, finally our visas have been issued and our friend in Canada will mail them to Turkey. I want to thank you for the responses to my previous email and sharing your experience here. wish you all patience and good luck!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
habibe said:
Hi fellow applicants, I am new to this forum and I appreciate the work you are doing here.
We made our application last year and after a long waiting process we received our pass. request. yet the stress continues because we are not in Canada and we are coming back at the end of the summer. We cannot mail them our passports. Before our departure from Canada, we contacted CIC asking if we are required to submit an address change form although our permanent address is still in Canada. They told us all necessary communication with us will be made via email and in case our application is approved while we are away, we could contact the Canadian Embassy. The embassy in our home country says that they cannot process our file as they do not have access to it. I sent an email to OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca 6 days ago but have not received a reply yet. how long does it usually take them to reply? we also tried the call center. they say we need to wait for a reply to our email. the pass request email we received states that CIC should receive our passports within 60 days and I am worried about the deadline. I wonder if anybody here has any suggestions. thank you!

I made a note of our info and time line below for the tracker:
application (2 people) 23 March 2012
payment 28 March 2012
PER 12 April 2012
RPRF request April4 2013
medical request April 5 2013
passport request May 13 2013
visa office Ottawa
nationality Turkish
work experience other

Hi again, finally our visas have been issued and our friend in Canada will mail them to Turkey. I want to thank you for the responses to my previous email and sharing your experience here. wish you all patience and good luck!
Congratulations!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
N_O said:
Congratulations!
congrats!..by the way when did you mail in your PPs to ottawa?

belq33

Jun 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was going to apply in June so I got my police certificates from the UK (where I used to live) and my home country (Turkey) in April. However, because I haven't completed 2 years in the phd program (I thought they meant 2 academic years) I can only apply in September (2 full calendar years).

My question is should I get new police certificates because they are supposed to be within 3 months of applying? (I haven't been back to the UK or Turkey in a few years so there won't be any new information)

Second question is, I don't have a birth certificate. I only have a national ID card that states my birthday. Do you think this is ok?

Thanks

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
This is also my second application and already wasted 1100 dollars in last year. I have applied first time in Nov 2011 :((

Is it so? I do not see you in the tracker as a Nov'11 applicant. Was it the PhD stream that you applied to?