Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
MY question is related to proof of funds ? I dont have 3K in my account but there must be 14K in account for application, Can I borrow money from my parents?

I should submit proof of funds with my application or they will ask later?

I heard they can ask explanation about such funds in that case what kind of explanation is needed?

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
I was required to send the up-to-date police certificate, and since I just got my PhD degree on Jun, I'm going to send several other documents while mailing the police certificate:

-up-to-date police certificate
-proof letter of graduation from the university
-updated reference letter with lead statement and cover the main duties (from supervisor with his signature, may be able to get a department stamp), I will mention that I send this just to update the reference letter since I graduated, and not conflict with the previous reference letter.
-final transcripts

I have several questions regarding to this:
1. In my police certificate, since my parents help me to get the letter in China, and only my Chinese Identification Card is with them, so only my Chinese ID number is shown in the police certificate letter, not my passport number. I got notarized documents for both my police certificate and my Chinese ID card. Is this enough along with a original police certificate (The notarized document of police certificate follow their own template, so it's actually not a direct translate from the original police certificate and not include a photocopy of the original police certificate)? Or I need to find a notarized translator here in Canada to make a direct translate based on the original police certificate?

2. Since a lot posts about the reference letter, I think it's better to update it showing the lead statement and make sure cover the main duties. Is it ok I send it with the same mail as the police certificate requested by Ottawa office? and is it enough that I state it's a updated letter since I'm graduated and not conflicting with the previous one? Is it enough that only signed by my supervisor, or necessary to have department stamp (it's not easy to get the stamp since the secretaries are out quite often during summer)?

3. Is it necessary to include my proof letter of graduation and final transcripts since I recently graduated? I'm staying in Montreal, Quebec right now. And still need to stay for several months to publish my papers, and working as a casual post-doc in the same department. As far as I know, since the PhD stream is under federal immigration system, I should not stay in Quebec, especially I've graduated already. Plan to move to Toronto on October, but haven't got any offer outside of Quebec yet.

I appreciate if anyone have any suggestions and comments on my current situation, and especially on the documents I plan to send with the police certificate required by CPP-Ottawa.

Thanks

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
I can't believe people who applied after the cap rest have got MR.

My file reached at CIO in August, 2012, and emailed them POF (requested) in Apr. I have got nothing so far.

Anybody has some suggestions what I should do now other than wait?

I did not order any CAIPS or something like that, should I do so?

thanks a lot

Feb2004 said:
Congratulations! That's fast. After updating your documents in March, did you make an email enquiry to know if the documents were attached to your file?

Arn_84

Jul 7, 2013
Hi Everybody,

I am new to the forum. But I find it incredibly useful. Thanks all.

I was referred by my friends and told that I should update my work exp. letter.

I was wondering if I also have to submit an updated Schedule 3 form. If that is a must, then should I use the old one or the new one which was updated and posted by CIC in 2013 in their website?

Thanks

I UPDATED the post :) There was a mistake in my typing which might have caused confusion in my questions.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
starrysky said:
Hi all, I've just received medical request today!! Hopefully this indicates that I've passed all the eligibility test? You might notice that I've applied in Nov 2012, it's a quick process for me. Maybe because I proactively send in a new employment letter when they request for 6 months bank account history in March this year? My old letter doesnt have the magic word "assist" so that I have to send in the new letter. Anyway, I'll have to order CAIPS asap for much detailed information on my file. The last caips that I ordered in April showed none of the eligibility tests have started.
Congratulations, my friend, now I guess my application could be the next. Did they ask you for the PCC? When?

guowei018

Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 19,2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 22, 2012---CC
Nomination.....
Mar 29,2012 --PER
AOR Received.
waiting
visa received on last Friday. our passports came back faster than I thought. will go to rainbow bridge for landing next week.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
guowei018 said:
visa received on last Friday. our passports came back faster than I thought. will go to rainbow bridge for landing next week.
congrats!!..that was fast :) when did your PPs reach ottawa??

guowei018

Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 19,2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 22, 2012---CC
Nomination.....
Mar 29,2012 --PER
AOR Received.
waiting
my pps arrived at Ottawa on June 21. Hope everyone can get visa smoothly. good luck!

anjuku said:
congrats!!..that was fast :) when did your PPs reach ottawa??

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
S_Govind said:
Is it so? I do not see you in the tracker as a Nov'11 applicant. Was it the PhD stream that you applied to?
I didn't join in the forum on that time, joined most probably on March/April after the rejection (on March,2012). It was actually my fault, on that time didn't realize that the reference would be so important, thought all i need to proof that I have completed two yrs but then they said they could not estimate my work experience :(. They didn't return my application fee or even any single documents. I haven't get the PER even, they rejected me from Sydney office :((

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
blackrock said:
MY question is related to proof of funds ? I dont have 3K in my account but there must be 14K in account for application, Can I borrow money from my parents?

I should submit proof of funds with my application or they will ask later?

I heard they can ask explanation about such funds in that case what kind of explanation is needed?
Honestly speaking CIC always expects the applicants should have that minimum amount of money (by their own) when they are applying and if it is not your money they will create tons of problems. Let say if you borrow from your parents then you have to provide CIC with some official documents which will proof that you don't need to return those money to your parents .i.e., gifted. Thankfully in this forum at least one of the applicant had experienced this issue (who borrowed money from your parents). I can't really recall who was that. I think your parents could write a letter in some Govt. documentary paper (registered paper/stamp paper) which will legalize their declaration (that you are not bound to return that money and its kind of gift from them to you). Wish you good luck.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
salam20 said:
Congratulations, my friend, now I guess my application could be the next. Did they ask you for the PCC? When?
Thanks. Hope you hear from Ottawa soon.
I have to send two PCCs in total which are Malaysia and HK. I have send PCC from M'sia together with my application but don't have the one from HK. In March, Ottawa requested POF and PCC from HK which I have send them in right away.

Dec_Applicant

Mar 9, 2013
starrysky said:
Thanks. Hope you hear from Ottawa soon.
I have to send two PCCs in total which are Malaysia and HK. I have send PCC from M'sia together with my application but don't have the one from HK. In March, Ottawa requested POF and PCC from HK which I have send them in right away.
I think I am in line after starrysky. I have sent the updated reference letter on June 20, by mail and email, but no confirmation weather it is included in my file. Why do u guys think? will calling or visiting Local MP office helps?

Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks.

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Dec_Applicant said:
I think I am in line after starrysky. I have sent the updated reference letter on June 20, by mail and email, but no confirmation weather it is included in my file. Why do u guys think? will calling or visiting Local MP office helps?

Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks.
I think first step is to send CPP an email to confirm if they've received and attached your letter.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hi guys,
I got my rejection Email right now. This is the Email I got:

Dear XXXXX

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Communications System Design Manger at XXXX does not meet the requirements of b) and c) above as the duties listed in your letter of reference do not match all the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected NOC 0213. Your period of work experience as an Electrical Design Engineer at XXXX does not meet the requirements of b) and c) above as the duties listed in your letter of reference do not match all the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected NOC 0213. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

The funny part is that I gave 0213 as the NOC code for my first occupation period, but the second NOC code I selected was 2133, not 0213!!!
About 0213, I agree that my reference letter did not match very well with the 0213 code (I should have selected another code), but my reference letter matched the 2133 code for my second job period. I worked for 3 years as Electrical Design Engineer which I selected 2133 code for. It seems that the officer considered 0213 as the code for both periods. I want to appeal for this reason. Could you please let me know how I can appeal and how long doe it take for them to reconsider?

Thanks.