26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
chakri264 said:
The Attestation letter template provided in CIC website indeed says that you have completed at least two years of study towards PhD. Am I wrong?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PhD_Attestation_EN.pdf
Ya, but nowhere was it mentioned that the two years were full-time. So it proves you've been enrolled for two years in a PhD program, and you are in a good academic standing (as per the requirements of your school), but they can raise an issue that there is no indication that you have been attending it full-time.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
asbereth said:
Ya, but nowhere was it mentioned that the two years were full-time. So it proves you've been enrolled for two years in a PhD program, and you are in a good academic standing (as per the requirements of your school), but they can raise an issue that there is no indication that you have been attending it full-time.
Ok

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
My friend did his med exam on May 30 and received PPR today.

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
I worked as a Lecturer in a college back in India for 2 years and now i am doing PhD here in Canada from last two years. I was wondering which occupation and NOC I should use when I am applying. I guess I am eligible from my previous experience and also from my TA/RA. So what should I use on the CIC form where it asks "the primary occupation and the corresponding four digit 2011 NOC code that will be used to assess whether your application meets the minimum program requirements to be eligible for processing".
Please help me in this.
Thanks

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Sthind said:
I worked as a Lecturer in a college back in India for 2 years and now i am doing PhD here in Canada from last two years. I was wondering which occupation and NOC I should use when I am applying. I guess I am eligible from my previous experience and also from my TA/RA. So what should I use on the CIC form where it asks "the primary occupation and the corresponding four digit 2011 NOC code that will be used to assess whether your application meets the minimum program requirements to be eligible for processing".
Please help me in this.
Thanks
You come under NOC-4021 as a college lecturer for your work experience from India. For your RA/TA it is NOC-4012.

Here are the links for job titles and description of 4021
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ViewAllTitlesQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4021&val65=*

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4021&val65=*

and for 4012
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4012&val65=*

Hope it helps

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
yunshi said:
I am not sure if I am comparing the right files:

In OP06B: "b) Previous study in Canada:
 Award five points if the applicant or accompanying spouse or common- law partner completed a program of full-time study of at least two years' duration at a post-secondary institution in Canada, if this occurred after the age of seventeen and with valid study permits.
(The person is not required to have obtained an educational credential for these two years of study in Canada to earn the points, but simply to have completed at least two years of study.)"

While in OP06C, it became "R83(1)(b): Previous study in Canada (principal applicant)
 Award five points if the principal applicant completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary institution in Canada.
To be eligible for points, the principal applicant must have remained in good academic standing (as defined by the institution) during the period of full- time study in Canada. The applicant is not required to have obtained an educational credential for completing a program in Canada; they simply must have completed at least two years of study in a program of at least two years in duration."

So it seems to me that they changed from "complete a program..." to "completed at least two academic years of full-time...", although it is still open to interpretation
In both cases, the key word is "previous" study and not "current" study. If you completed 2 years of PhD and are STILL in PhD, those two years are part of "current" study and therefore not "previous" study.

The only change is that in the past the two years had to be a program (completed a program of full-time study) but now it does not have to be a program (completed 2 years of full-time study). For both manuals, the title says "previous" study. The interpretation of the word "previous" led to many applicants being confused why those 5 points were not awarded, and the word still exists. If its interpretation is still the same, the outcome will still be the same!

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
chakri264 said:
You come under NOC-4021 as a college lecturer for your work experience from India. For your RA/TA it is NOC-4012.

Hope it helps
Thanks Chakri264,

So you mean in the main column on basis of which my file will be assessed I should put 4021
And in the other work experience columns i should put my TA/RA NOC.
Is that sounds right ?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Those who are about to get the Medical and have medical issues, this might be helpful

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t120241.0.html

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Sthind said:
Thanks Chakri264,

So you mean in the main column on basis of which my file will be assessed I should put 4021
And in the other work experience columns i should put my TA/RA NOC.
Is that sounds right ?
Yeah.You have to claim the occupation in which you have more years of experience (which I believe 4021 and if it is true...Yes, you need to write 4021 in that box 12a of schedule-3). However, under section 12b you need to mention your current occupation first which is 4012. So you will have to write your RA/TA experience details first followed by your work experience as a lecturer from India.

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
chakri264 said:
Yeah.You have to claim the occupation in which you have more years of experience (which I believe 4021 and if it is true...Yes, you need to write 4021 in that box 12a of schedule-3). However, under section 12b you need to mention your current occupation first which is 4012. So you will have to write your RA/TA experience details first followed by your work experience as a lecturer from India.
For TA/RA experience in 12b, I work as a TA only 8 months a year and as RA all the year long. so should I just combine the number of hours I did as TA and RA and put in one column or should I separate them.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Met with an immigration lawyer today. He said an appeal would be unsuccessful, he felt my pain as the rest of the application was spotless, I just allowed a discretion call with my reference letter that the officer did not have to take.

Anyway, preparing a common-law application at the moment, which will hopefully result in residency in 7 months time. Good luck to all those still applying in this stream. REMEMBER....get your reference letters word for word and they will have no opportunity to reject you.

yunshi

Jun 4, 2013
noc4012 said:
In both cases, the key word is "previous" study and not "current" study. If you completed 2 years of PhD and are STILL in PhD, those two years are part of "current" study and therefore not "previous" study.

The only change is that in the past the two years had to be a program (completed a program of full-time study) but now it does not have to be a program (completed 2 years of full-time study). For both manuals, the title says "previous" study. The interpretation of the word "previous" led to many applicants being confused why those 5 points were not awarded, and the word still exists. If its interpretation is still the same, the outcome will still be the same!
Alright, good point. It is so easy to ignore the headings and concentrate on the body. "Previous study" does sound ambiguous though. I could interpret that as "The act or process of studying", whereas VOs could deem it as any standalone academic programs.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi,

I asked this question a while ago, but its a bit confusing and because of that I have to ask again.

A friend of mine is going to apply under PhD Stream. He has 2 years Masters from Canada but his 4 years Bachelors degree is from India. Does he still have to go through Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)? Or he can just go ahead and apply because his highest completed degree (Masters) is from a public university in Canada ?

Thanks,
Indus

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi, can anyone help me with the following please:

Feb2004 said:
Is it important to provide salary figures for all the years of work experience? In my case I am showing only the last year's salary in my experience letter. I plan to send a supplementary letter soon and will also attach the tax return for that one year. My experience is from back home, I don't have salary statements/tax documents for all the 6 years of work experience.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indusvision said:
Hi,

I asked this question a while ago, but its a bit confusing and because of that I have to ask again.

A friend of mine is going to apply under PhD Stream. He has 2 years Masters from Canada but his 4 years Bachelors degree is from India. Does he still have to go through Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)? Or he can just go ahead and apply because his highest completed degree (Masters) is from a public university in Canada ?

Thanks,
Indus
Ur friend will need to get his/her Canadian Master's degree ONLY to apply. For specifics, please refer to the following link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Quote "You will be awarded up to 25 points for your HIGHEST completed Canadian educational credential or for your HIGHEST equivalency to a completed Canadian educational credential."