+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
anjuku said:
Thanks alot for this detailed info..i'm going to submit the application today at Brampton directly and i'll talk to them and see what they have to say!..will keep you posted:)
Congrats anjuku. It was a good news finally. It would be great if you share with us your RA letter, as most people are getting rejected these days because of that experience letter. I really appreciate it.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
chakri264 said:
Here I am sharing my experience with BLS (for Indian nationals)

I applied for PCC through postal application 9 weeks ago. If you are applying through postal application, it has to be sent to Brampton center and so as such I did. The people there are so irresponsible that they have not processed my application till today. I went to their office to know the status of my application two weeks ago as the minimum processing time that they mentioned in their website (4-5 weeks) had passed. To my surprise, they told me that they have not received my passport in the application package but received all other documents. I was like, what the hell are you talking? They blamed me first that I might not have included my passport in the application package and later they found Canada post to blame. I went crazy and talked to the Canada post outlet from where I posted the application. Fortunately I put the passport and other documents in the postal envelope in the postal outlet and hence it was recorded in their security cameras. I wrote an email to the BLS warning them that I have the proof and if they don't find the passport they will be subjected to serious consequences. Then they looked everywhere in their office and found that it was misfiled with somebody else's documents. They are insane people. I went last week to get the reference number and a receipt proof that they received my application. I got the receipt and they sent my application to CGI today. Also that they asked me to provide 4 photo graphs. I provided only one first time I applied. Second time they asked me to provide 4 photos.

I advice you NOT TO SEND A POSTAL APPLICATION as you do not receive any receipt or reference number and you cannot say anything if they say that there is no passport in the package as in my case. Just visit the office, produce the documents, confirm that all the documents are acceptable and RECEIVE your reference number/receipt.
I agree with the pathetic experience with BLS. VFS was way lot better. I was asked at the center to bring 4 photos as they rejected the one I had because it was 2mm more in size :mad:. I went and got new ones on the spot, paid hell loads of money, came back and was told by the the processing agent that only 1 is needed. So now I am stuck with 3 bizzare sized photos that cannot be used anywhere and they als called me 3 times to comes back, luckily I live on street across from them and their excuse was that they are new in business. Anyhow passport in an envelop should always be avoided, so my advice would be to make an in person whenever possible, specially at a crucial stage as passport request pending. Call and bug them and have it pushed. This is what I do when I deal with incompetent people, babysit and micromanage. They can send it the same day. I have ample experience at many centers and visa offices all across the world, in person always have a priority over mail in. They dont even bother to open the envelops until late or try to dump it on their colleagues, same as lab duties, see, ignore and wait for the other sucker to do it :mad:. Get on their backs, no one likes a trouble maker. Write to Indian High Commission and complain about BLS, it a pay service. I have done so and am gonna tell the high commissioner this weekend when he visits here.

I understand your frustations and skipped heart beats.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
hooman2012 said:
Can you please tell me what do you mean exactly by lead statement?
Where should we include that?
When I look up the NOC codes, this is how the website describes my NOC:

4031 Secondary school teachers
Secondary school teachers prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at public and private secondary schools. Secondary school teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.

Example Titles
English as a second language teacher, high school
English teacher, secondary school
French as a second language teacher, high school
adult education teacher, secondary school
biology teacher, high school
commerce teacher – secondary school
department head, secondary school
high school teacher, special education
history teacher, secondary school

megha_Ontario

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Hi there,

Congratulations to those who have made it to the next step :)

I'm looking for some advice. As mentioned before, my application was filed in April 2012 and PRR was received in May 2012. My husband (currently residing in India) is a dependent in my application and I have been awarded points for his education in the self-assessment for eligibility. Due to unforeseen conflicts, my husband and I have agreed on a mutual dissolution of our marriage. In the likelihood of this unfortunate event, my application does stand eligible for processing minus the spouse points. I'm ready to send an e-mail to CPP - Ottawa informing of the same and requesting withdrawal of my application.

Just want to know if this is the way to proceed. Thanks much.

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
anjuku said:
Yey!..congrats asbereth!!

I have some good news too guys...i got document request for updated PCCs from India for both me and my husband. Shortly afterwards in a second email, i got the request for RPRF...
in the email it says

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding........

so i guess my application has been found eligible!!.. ;D
Congrats Anjuku !! That's wonderful !!!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
anjuku said:
Yey!..congrats asbereth!!

I have some good news too guys...i got document request for updated PCCs from India for both me and my husband. Shortly afterwards in a second email, i got the request for RPRF...
in the email it says

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding........

so i guess my application has been found eligible!!.. ;D
Yay! Too happy to hear some good news! Congrats!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
samira sokn said:
The third line medical received finally showed up in my ecase.
Finally! Congrats!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Feb2004 said:
When I look up the NOC codes, this is how the website describes my NOC:

4031 Secondary school teachers
Secondary school teachers prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at public and private secondary schools. Secondary school teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.

Example Titles
English as a second language teacher, high school
English teacher, secondary school
French as a second language teacher, high school
adult education teacher, secondary school
biology teacher, high school
commerce teacher – secondary school
department head, secondary school
high school teacher, special education
history teacher, secondary school
The leading statement is Secondary school teachers prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at public and private secondary schools. Secondary school teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.

hossein61

Apr 17, 2012
samira sokn said:
The third line medical received finally showed up in my ecase.
Good news anyways! However, apparently there is a too long way for Iranian. No PPR and lots of rejection so far for them. Just look at the Iranian in the spreadsheet. Isn't it ridiculous? CIC is really a kind of racist organization.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
N_O said:
The leading statement is Secondary school teachers prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at public and private secondary schools. Secondary school teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.
Hi N_0,
Do you think my experience letter, that I have quoted on page 549 of this forum, has the lead statement as well as the appropriate duties?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Feb2004 said:
Hi N_0,
Do you think my experience letter, that I have quoted on page 549 of this forum, has the lead statement as well as the appropriate duties?
Did the letter mention anywhere that you are a secondary school teacher? I took a look at NOC 4031 (Secondary school teachers) and NOC 4032 (Elementary school teacher) they are almost the same but NOC 4032 has 3 extra duties, which means the officer may not know whether a secondary or elementary school teacher from the duties as they are similar! Hopefully, the school header has the word SECONDARY in its header, this may help give an indication to the officer! If not, I'd prefer to send a supplementary letter.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
N_O said:
Did the letter mention anywhere that you are a secondary school teacher? I took a look at NOC 4031 (Secondary school teachers) and NOC 4032 (Elementary school teacher) they are almost the same but NOC 4032 has 3 extra duties, which means the officer may not know whether a secondary or elementary school teacher from the duties as they are similar! Hopefully, the school header has the word SECONDARY in its header, this may help give an indication to the officer! If not, I'd prefer to send a supplementary letter.
The school letter head does not have the word 'secondary'. Though the job title 'history teacher' is only meant for secondary schools, which is there in the opening sentence of my letter. My first duty mentions 'taught XI and XII classes'.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
megha_Ontario said:
Hi there,

Congratulations to those who have made it to the next step :)

I'm looking for some advice. As mentioned before, my application was filed in April 2012 and PRR was received in May 2012. My husband (currently residing in India) is a dependent in my application and I have been awarded points for his education in the self-assessment for eligibility. Due to unforeseen conflicts, my husband and I have agreed on a mutual dissolution of our marriage. In the likelihood of this unfortunate event, my application does stand eligible for processing minus the spouse points. I'm ready to send an e-mail to CPP - Ottawa informing of the same and requesting withdrawal of my application.

Just want to know if this is the way to proceed. Thanks much.
Hi Megha

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate events in your life lately. I would recommend not withdrawing the application. Instead, inform them of the recent developments and provide a civil disunion document if the separation is mutual and if you have it. Else just inform them. They will know and see if it has enough points and reject if not. You are not misrepresenting in any way as you informed them. Whats the point to withdraw, wait for rejection In the meantime, if you claimed points for RA, update it, you might have points coming from there.

One of my friends had a similar situation and his and his wife's passports were requested. His separation was almost there at that time. He updated CIC as he was pissed and didnt want to sponsor his ex wife. They changed the requirement and asked for only his passport and dropped her form the application. He was Quebec nominated CSQ candidate though.

CIC appreciates honesty and if the application will be rejected on the basis of not enough points, it will be. Besides the deadline for processing of your application should be around May 2013 end, so they are gonna open it anyways anytime soon.

Just my personal thought, rest see what suits your situation. Consult a lawyer maybe for advice.

Best of luck.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Feb2004 said:
The school letter head does not have the word 'secondary'. Though the job title 'history teacher' is only meant for secondary schools, which is there in the opening sentence of my letter. My first duty mentions 'taught XI and XII classes'.
If there is no title for a History teacher for elementary schools, so who teach them history? :)
However, you have two good points, but it needs a good officer who understands the context, not an officer who searches for the exact words!