+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
anjuku said:
Yey!..congrats asbereth!!

I have some good news too guys...i got document request for updated PCCs from India for both me and my husband. Shortly afterwards in a second email, i got the request for RPRF...
in the email it says

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding........

so i guess my application has been found eligible!!.. ;D
congrats anjuku :)

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
anjuku said:
I have some good news too guys...i got document request for updated PCCs from India for both me and my husband. Shortly afterwards in a second email, i got the request for RPRF...
in the email it says

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
More great news today! Congratulations anjuku!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Feb2004 said:
Many congrats anjuku! brilliant news!
thanks stuckinquebec, Feb2004 and mkrp...have you guys applied for PCC through BLS before?..i read on their website that processing at brampton takes 4-6 weeks (are you serious??? ???)...can someone help me with this??

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
kg.jadu said:
More great news today! Congratulations anjuku!
thanks!!

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
anjuku said:
thanks stuckinquebec, Feb2004 and mkrp...have you guys applied for PCC through BLS before?..i read on their website that processing at brampton takes 4-6 weeks (are you serious??? ???)...can someone help me with this??
I recently applied to BLS to get a new PCC for my new passport. 4-6 wks is true for brampton but it might be earlier too as these are estimated times. The reason is the high commission in toronto is overloaded and you cannnot apply to any other jurisdiction. I have a friend who applied to Ottawa staying in Toronto and got through, but its a chance and I won't recommend. I got my first one in 10 days through VFS and second one through BLS in 15 days as my catchment is Ottawa high commission (only advantage of being stuck in quebec :p, 8)) . But it doesnt depend on them, its the high commission's speed. Toronto is slower due to work load. Call Ottawa number for the high commission and ask if you can send it to them, but chances are they won't budge. other option is getting one from home city in India. It takes a week or even less depending upon your connections etc. But they would need the letter from CPP-O to issue you one. print out of email would work. Send an authority letter with the copy of passports to your parents/siblings and ask them to go to district commisioner's office to have it done. All is online and it might actually be done in a day. But it will depend on where you live in India. I have a DC office in my city but if you live/ jurisdiction is a smaller city, then the run around will be a problem.

Summary:- Call Ottawa else apply to Toronto, the processing times are tentative. We are professionals and our cases and passports are clean, so it comes early. Toronto is slow and takes time on case basis as they have to struggle with fake refugee claims and iilegals in canada etc. Dont waste time in filing as victoria day is coming summer too. get new forms from BLS website, the one on high commission website are older and not in use but no one uploaded new ones. Also only 1 not 4 photos are needed, so save money there. I was not told and wasted a ton.

Best of luck, you have passed a major hurdle, it will pass too. just get cracking and file on time.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
aidina said:
Anjuku, you were worried about your reference letter. Did you finally submit an additional one? Congrat.
Hi Aidina...yes, i did send in a second reference letter on April 3, 2013 (by e-mail and xpresspost) and also my 6 months bank history pro-actively (by e-mail only)...i also sent an e-mail to ottawa a few days ago asking if they got these documents and they confirmed they had..

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Stuck In Quebec said:
I recently applied to BLS to get a new PCC for my new passport. 4-6 wks is true for brampton but it might be earlier too as these are estimated times. The reason is the high commission in toronto is overloaded and you cannnot apply to any other jurisdiction. I have a friend who applied to Ottawa staying in Toronto and got through, but its a chance and I won't recommend. I got my first one in 10 days through VFS and second one through BLS in 15 days as my catchment is Ottawa high commission (only advantage of being stuck in quebec :p, 8)) . But it doesnt depend on them, its the high commission's speed. Toronto is slower due to work load. Call Ottawa number for the high commission and ask if you can send it to them, but chances are they won't budge. other option is getting one from home city in India. It takes a week or even less depending upon your connections etc. But they would need the letter from CPP-O to issue you one. print out of email would work. Send an authority letter with the copy of passports to your parents/siblings and ask them to go to district commisioner's office to have it done. All is online and it might actually be done in a day. But it will depend on where you live in India. I have a DC office in my city but if you live/ jurisdiction is a smaller city, then the run around will be a problem.

Summary:- Call Ottawa else apply to Toronto, the processing times are tentative. We are professionals and our cases and passports are clean, so it comes early. Toronto is slow and takes time on case basis as they have to struggle with fake refugee claims and iilegals in canada etc. Dont waste time in filing as victoria day is coming summer too. get new forms from BLS website, the one on high commission website are older and not in use but no one uploaded new ones. Also only 1 not 4 photos are needed, so save money there. I was not told and wasted a ton.

Best of luck, you have passed a major hurdle, it will pass too. just get cracking and file on time.
Thanks alot for this detailed info..i'm going to submit the application today at Brampton directly and i'll talk to them and see what they have to say!..will keep you posted:)

shlam

May 13, 2013
noc4012 said:
Could you post your letter so we can advise you on what to put in it for the next time?
"While working at xFIRMx, his/her main duties included:

1- Utilize various design-software and CAD/CAM systems to design plastic and EPS products.

2- Prepare material, cost and timing reports for E.P.S products.

3- Prepare design specifications for E.P.S machinery.

4- Investigate unexpected mechanical failures of E.P.S machinery.

5- Provide guidance to E.P.S maintenance crews."

It is supposed to be compared with NOC2132 Mechanical engineer. There are nearly 50 example job title given for a Mechanical engineer, the duties of which is given as:

Mechanical engineers perform some or all of the following duties:

1. Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems

2. Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems (comparable with No. 2 and 3 of my duties)

3. Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment (comparable with No. 1 of my duties)

4. Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures

5. Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities

6. Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews (comparable with No. 5 in my duties)

7. Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems (comparable with No. 4 of my duties)

8. Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance

9. Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates. (comparable with No. 2 in my duties)

It is stated in NOC that "There is considerable mobility between mechanical engineering specializations at the less senior levels." Also it says "Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience." This was my first job right after I got my BS degree and I couldn't have had all of the duties above. I also doubt that there is any engineering job that covers all of the duties above as some the example jobs mentioned in NOC are very different.

Still consulting lawyers for appeal in court. But if I am going to reapply, I am not even sure if my employer would add duties that are not performed by anyone in their firm. Please advise.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
shlam said:
"While working at xFIRMx, his/her main duties included:

1- Utilize various design-software and CAD/CAM systems to design plastic and EPS products.

2- Prepare material, cost and timing reports for E.P.S products.

3- Prepare design specifications for E.P.S machinery.

4- Investigate unexpected mechanical failures of E.P.S machinery.

5- Provide guidance to E.P.S maintenance crews."

It is supposed to be compared with NOC2132 Mechanical engineer. There are nearly 50 example job title given for a Mechanical engineer, the duties of which is given as:

Mechanical engineers perform some or all of the following duties:

1. Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems

2. Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems (comparable with No. 2 and 3 of my duties)

3. Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment (comparable with No. 1 of my duties)

4. Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures

5. Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilitieso

6. Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews (comparable with No. 5 in my duties)
u
7. Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems (comparable with No. 4 of my duties)

8. Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance

9. Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates. (comparable with No. 2 in my duties)

It is stated in NOC that "There is considerable mobility between mechanical engineering specializations at the less senior levels." Also it says "Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience." This was my first job right after I got my BS degree and I couldn't have had all of the duties above. I also doubt that there is any engineering job that covers all of the duties above as some the example jobs mentioned in NOC are very different.

Still consulting lawyers for appeal in court. But if I am going to reapply, I am not even sure if my employer would add duties that are not performed by anyone in their firm. Please advise.

Hi by looking at your letter,I am wondering if you
Provided a lead statement, if so, the reason
Maybe the word to word issue .
We agree that no one can cover all
Duties.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
hamedy said:
Dear All,
I am new to this forum and I wanted to have your opinion about my letter of reference.
I am working towards a PhD degree at the university of Waterloo
Our funding there is called Graduate research studentship (GRS) which is non-taxable (thus different from the GRA which is taxable)
My supervisor would only issue a letter of reference stating that my job title is a "full time graduate student"
however, the letter included the lead statement and most of the duties stated by NOC 4012
You think it will be okay? or the job title should be "research assistant"?
my letter mentions the following:

"This is to confirm that Mr.  has been working under my supervision as a full time graduate student doing research in the field of  at the Department of , University of , since January 1, 2009 till now"

then it continues with the lead statement and major duties
Thanks a lot
You need to mention "Research assistant" in the letter. Cause the NOC code 4012 is for teaching and research assistants only. So the job title should be mentioned as research assistant/ Teaching assistant. Also that same duties are mentioned under some other NOC codes. So if the title is not clearly mentioned in the letter, the evaluating case officer would take this as an opportunity to reject the experience under 4012.

shlam

May 13, 2013
neuron said:
Hi by looking at your letter,I am wondering if you
Provided a lead statement, if so, the reason
Maybe the word to word issue .
We agree that no one can cover all
Duties.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Not sure what a lead statement is, but the letter starts with:
"This letter is to certify that Ms./Mr X was previously employed at xFirmx as a Design Engineer (Mechanical).
xFirmx was founded in 1976 in xCityx. It specializes in research, development and manufacturing of E.P.S products such as iceboxes, insulator E.P.S sheets, and E.P.S products for building industry. It has also been involved in design and production of E.P.S machinery.
Ms./Mr. X worked at xFirmx as Design Engineer (Mechanical) from xDatex until xDatex for period of xxx as a full-time employee (42 hours per week). While working at xFirmx, her main duties included..."

The letter also includes my salary in the end.

and the refusal letter says: "I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from xFirmx did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described in the NOC code you selected – NOC 2132 Design Engineer - Mechanical. "

Please advise.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Stuck In Quebec said:

Here I am sharing my experience with BLS (for Indian nationals)

I applied for PCC through postal application 9 weeks ago. If you are applying through postal application, it has to be sent to Brampton center and so as such I did. The people there are so irresponsible that they have not processed my application till today. I went to their office to know the status of my application two weeks ago as the minimum processing time that they mentioned in their website (4-5 weeks) had passed. To my surprise, they told me that they have not received my passport in the application package but received all other documents. I was like, what the hell are you talking? They blamed me first that I might not have included my passport in the application package and later they found Canada post to blame. I went crazy and talked to the Canada post outlet from where I posted the application. Fortunately I put the passport and other documents in the postal envelope in the postal outlet and hence it was recorded in their security cameras. I wrote an email to the BLS warning them that I have the proof and if they don't find the passport they will be subjected to serious consequences. Then they looked everywhere in their office and found that it was misfiled with somebody else's documents. They are insane people. I went last week to get the reference number and a receipt proof that they received my application. I got the receipt and they sent my application to CGI today. Also that they asked me to provide 4 photo graphs. I provided only one first time I applied. Second time they asked me to provide 4 photos.

I advice you NOT TO SEND A POSTAL APPLICATION as you do not receive any receipt or reference number and you cannot say anything if they say that there is no passport in the package as in my case. Just visit the office, produce the documents, confirm that all the documents are acceptable and RECEIVE your reference number/receipt.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Since how we present our duties is becoming a big issue with us Ph.D applicants, I would like your suggestions regarding my experience letter, and if I need to send an updated letter. My concern is that my lead statement does not contain the words secondary school, though I have given in my first duty that I taught 11th and 12th classes.
My experience relates to NOC 4031, History teacher, secondary school.
Here's how my letter is written:
This is to certify that ******* has worked in this school as a History Teacher from ******** to ********. She worked thirty six hours per week and her annual gross salary was *********.

During her tenure in this school, she has performed the following duties:

•Taught World History and Indian History courses to XI and XII classes based on the curriculum of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
•Used teaching methods consisting of systematic lesson plans, discussions, audio-visual presentations, time-lines and maps. Organized field trips to historical sites, museums and book fairs.
•Developed writing assignments, projects and map work as part of students’ homework.
•Prepared, administered and marked examinations. Especially trained students for the national level Board Examination conducted by the CBSE.
•Evaluated progress and prepared reports. Discussed results with school and at the parent-teacher meetings.
•Determined and implemented remedial measures for students requiring extra help through improvement of their reading comprehension and writing skills.
•Regularly participated in staff meetings. Attended a professional development course related to the role of technology in education.
----a few other duties too are mentioned regarding assisting in school functions.