+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Most of the people applied after May 2012, have been already asked for document update. It might be the sign of a boost in the processing time.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Houra said:
Ok Got it, thanks. Didn't know that the application number is the same as file number :D
did you get two file numbers? before PER and after PER?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
CuriousGuy said:
When did your eCAS changed to Decision made?
Did you check your spam folder? Search for any message received from OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca. Although I think you should receive it in your inbox as you received the medical request email before!

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
N_O said:
Did you check your spam folder? Search for any message received from OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca. Although I think you should receive it in your inbox as you received the medical request email before!
I've done that quite a few times but couldn't find in the spam folder either

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Master3 said:
They usually check eligibility after doc request.
Document check may come after or during eligibility check, and medical request comes after eligibility. And yes, eligibility does not just mean the number of points you have, but also settlement funds.

The way I see it based on what I can glean from my CAIPS notes: they awarded me more than 67 points, then they asked me for proof of funds and police certificates. Once they are happy with my proof of funds, they issued medical (about 10 days after I submitted my bank statements), but BEFORE they evaluated my PCC (since I submitted my PCC just 1 day before I got medical).

Medical request seems to be issued after eligibility (number of points AND POF) is passed, but not necessarily after criminality (rgb got his medical request only 1 day after getting a request for PCC), though it does look like they're also waiting until after RCMP screening is over too (Shomo got stuck here).

There have been cases where rejection occurred AFTER document request due to number of points (immc and andy.fan), but it's because they were not awarded adaptability points. So the process, based on what I can observe so far, goes as follows:
1. Ottawa visa officer checks your work experience letters, then evaluate your number of points (maybe taking for granted what Sydney had for adaptability)
2. Issues POF and PCC requests
3. After getting POF, he checks again for number of points, this time, verifying adaptability into more scrutiny
4. Issues medical request (PCC usually may or may not be received yet at this point)
5. Third line on eCas showed up (once medical and criminality are passed)
6. Begin security check (this could be short or long, depending on a lot of factors)

I think, if you do not claim and rely on any adaptability points, and you already got document request, most likely they have passed you on selection factor. This is the case, I think, only for January 2012 to April 2012 applications, whereas some latter applications seem to have been evaluated much faster, and I'm not sure if the same assumption can be made to these ones.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
asbereth said:
I think, if you do not claim and rely on any adaptability points, and you already got document request, most likely they have passed you on selection factor. This is the case, I think, only for January 2012 to April 2012 applications, whereas some latter applications seem to have been evaluated much faster, and I'm not sure if the same assumption can be made to these ones.
Yah! Almost true to the applications before April, but after that they started asking POF too early, I don't think they made any assessment by that time, just gathering docs!

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
I am frustrated :(
Still I don't know they process applications based on the date the application received or based on the date PER was issued. It seems they haven't started processing of my application :(

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
MarMar20 said:
Still I don't know they process applications based on the date the application received or based on the date PER was issued. It seems they haven't started processing of my application :(
They are working based on the due date which is usually 1 year after the PER. You can find more about your due date in your CAIPS.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
MarMar20 said:
I noticed that it took so long until you got the PER! Did you order your CAIPS before? They may contact you one year from those two dates.

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
I ordered my CAIPS in January and there was no activity in my file. CAIPS shows the due date for all of them (eligibility, security, criminality and medical) is June 18, 2013, one year after PER. You can see in the spreadsheet that some applicants their PER is at the end of April and they have already heard from Ottawa.

N_O said:
I noticed that it took so long until you got the PER! Did you order your CAIPS before? They may contact you one year from those two dates.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
MarMar20 said:
I ordered my CAIPS in January and there was no activity in my file. CAIPS shows the due date for all of them (eligibility, security, criminality and medical) is June 18, 2013, one year after PER. You can see in the spreadsheet that some applicants their PER is at the end of April and they have already heard from Ottawa.
From your CAIPS, what took them so long to issue you PER? I noticed that you appealed their NER decision, what did the CAIPS notes you ordered last January say about this? Did they say that they (Sydney) now granted you the 5 adaptability points? Also, I really think that it's the combination of both PER and submission dates. Some February applicants have not heard anything yet because their due dates were much later. What you can do right now is order new CAIPS notes to see what kind of movements have been going on. Good luck and let us all know.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
CuriousGuy said:
When did your eCAS changed to Decision made?
My Ecas changed to Medical received and decision made at the same time, or so I think. Last Thursday I saw the changes. I checked ECAs two days before (Tuesday) and those notes were not there, so there is a possibility that the changes were made on Wednesday and/or Thursday, and that between Medical received and Decision made could have been a day in between. I will never know.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
MarMar20 said:
They may contact you earlier than the due date in case they need PCC or POF, to be there by your due date to start processing the application. If they don't need those from you, they would contact you just within 2 weeks of the due date. These are my observations depending on the tracker :)

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
TyrusX said:
About a week. I saw decision made 2 days after passport request. I will be back in Canada only in 2 weeks! Hard to follow so many posts, i'm busy visiting friends.
Thank you Tyrusx, and sorry. You shouldn't be checking this blog, go and enjoy your vacation, family and friends :) I will be doing the same a month from now :)
PS. I really hope you are not reading this!!!

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
Thanks asbereth.
I appealed they NER decision and they reopened my file and changed NER to PER. The reason for granting my request for reconsideration is administrative error as my CAIPS shows. They gave me the 5 adaptability points, however my point is above minimum points without adaptability points. I ordered my new CAIPS 7 days ago.

asbereth said:
From your CAIPS, what took them so long to issue you PER? I noticed that you appealed their NER decision, what did the CAIPS notes you ordered last January say about this? Did they say that they (Sydney) now granted you the 5 adaptability points? Also, I really think that it's the combination of both PER and submission dates. Some February applicants have not heard anything yet because their due dates were much later. What you can do right now is order new CAIPS notes to see what kind of movements have been going on. Good luck and let us all know.