Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I am a May 2012 applicant who got document request on Feb 2013. I ordered my CAIPS on March 2013 and I just received it.

There is no progress regarding eligibility. They have not assessed my application at all. I ordered another CAIPS on December 2012 and the only progress is the criminality. They started my criminality and security screening at the same date they sent me document request email.

Also the other change is the application assignment section. They assigned my application to an officer, also at the same date. But document request has been done by another officer and the notes regarding to the document request email is just like "P/C requested" or "POF requested".

I believe that by doing so they want to decrease the waiting time between medical request and passport request. Because they used to ask for POF and updated P/C after eligibility assessment. It caused a long waiting to get a passport request. But by doing so when the officer want to assess your application against eligibility he or she already have all the requested documents and can make the final decision and go for medical.

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
I got my GCMS notes today. Just want to confirm the reason of rejection. It simply says that the letters I provided "listed duties that do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC4122 ..." , the same as in the rejection email. I already posted my reference letter before so I'll skip it here.

They never got back to me regarding my inquiry email I sent out to them after my rejection.

So...guess that's end of the story. I don't think I can get a much improved letter than the one I provided. It could just be random as we already have a lot of discussions here regarding using RA/TA as the only experience. So...don't want to risk re-applying with the same amount of information. I'll just say goodbye to this PhD stream now.

Good luck to the rest of people here!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Luigiovemma said:
So...guess that's end of the story. I don't think I can get a much improved letter than the one I provided. It could just be random as we already have a lot of discussions here regarding using RA/TA as the only experience. So...don't want to risk re-applying with the same amount of information. I'll just say goodbye to this PhD stream now.
They will respond, even if just to say that they cannot consider your appeal. Several attempts to email them after rejections have been responded by the usual generic respond that the file has already been closed, and please re-apply if you have new information bull-crap, so I think the fact that it has taken them more than one month may or may not mean something. They may,in fact, actually consider your appeal (still slim chance though)!

Anyway, while I don't think there was anything wrong with your reference letter, I do believe that it's possible to make it more relevant to NOC 4012 (hence, less confusing for the visa officers). The biggest thing is obviously not to make any assumptions on whether they will be able to glean information from implicit letter, so your descriptions next time should be a bit more explicit in matching the duties and lead statement of NOC 4012. Combining your specific duties and NOC 4012 seem to be the way to go as some successful applicants have shown, so please don't give up yet (unless if you're eligible for CEC, in which case it's a much better stream anyway).

Good luck, and let us know if they respond back or if you decide to re-apply, and I'm sorry that you have to be a victim of their inconsistency.

kuzey said:
I am a May 2012 applicant who got document request on Feb 2013. I ordered my CAIPS on March 2013 and I just received it.

There is no progress regarding eligibility. They have not assessed my application at all. I ordered another CAIPS on December 2012 and the only progress is the criminality. They started my criminality and security screening at the same date they sent me document request email.
I see. So assessment would've been done to applicants between January 2012 and April 2012, whereas they are just looking for missing documents from applications from the second third of 2012. This is a bummer, though it may also mean as you said, that they may just be trying to cut the overall time required to issue visas.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Hi folks,

I got my CAIPs in one week. Is there something wrong? How can we read the CAIPs? Just read the note 1 ( the most recent one) in the end of CAIPs? They got my graduation certificate for PhD after I first started the application. Does it help? Can I get the 5 points? I sent proof of job offer after I first started the application, but they haven't update it in the system yet. Thanks.

aboshosha84

May 1, 2012
Hello Guys,
Just wanted to let u know that I have just got my medical request today.
One more thing, I suggest that people who did not submit 6 months bank history or PC with the application that they do so before the visa office asks about it. I did that and it rousted my application somehow as I did not have to wait for document request.
Best of Luck to all of U
Thanks to those who participated in this forum
Aboshosha84

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aboshosha84 said:
Hello Guys,
One more thing, I suggest that people who did not submit 6 months bank history or PC with the application that they do so before the visa office asks about it. I did that and it rousted my application somehow as I did not have to wait for document request.
Best of Luck to all of U
Aboshosha84
aboshosha84, so you mean to say that you proactively send them the 6 mths bank history and also police cert with them asking from you?

And if yes, how did you submit your letter? And to whom did you address it to (as in addressee name and also mailing address)??

Regards

aboshosha84

May 1, 2012
websphereguy said:
aboshosha84, so you mean to say that you proactively send them the 6 mths bank history and also police cert with them asking from you?

And if yes, how did you submit your letter? And to whom did you address it to (as in addressee name and also mailing address)??

Regards
Yes, I sent them proactively to the CPP Ottawa, quoted my Application No. and UCI, and sent the letter to the address below.
About sending modified TA/RA letters, I think it is not a bad idea, u r not going to loose anything, right?
Good luck

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – 46
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aboshosha84 said:
Yes, I sent them proactively to the CPP Ottawa, quoted my Application No. and UCI, and sent the letter to the address below.
About sending modified TA/RA letters, I think it is not a bad idea, u r not going to loose anything, right?
Good luck

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – 46
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
Did you send the police cert or just the 6 mths bank statement or both?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
beishidashuo said:
Hi folks,

I got my CAIPs in one week. Is there something wrong? How can we read the CAIPs? Just read the note 1 ( the most recent one) in the end of CAIPs? They got my graduation certificate for PhD after I first started the application. Does it help? Can I get the 5 points? I sent proof of job offer after I first started the application, but they haven't update it in the system yet. Thanks.
Have the made assessment against selection factor? Take a look at one of your notes. I'm assuming that they did just before they made a request for POF?

aboshosha84 said:
Hello Guys,
Best of Luck to all of U
Aboshosha84
Congrats !!! When did you pro-actively send your 6 month bank statement and updated PCC?

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
asbereth said:
Anyway, while I don't think there was anything wrong with your reference letter, I do believe that it's possible to make it more relevant to NOC 4012 (hence, less confusing for the visa officers). The biggest thing is obviously not to make any assumptions on whether they will be able to glean information from implicit letter, so your descriptions next time should be a bit more explicit in matching the duties and lead statement of NOC 4012. Combining your specific duties and NOC 4012 seem to be the way to go as some successful applicants have shown, so please don't give up yet (unless if you're eligible for CEC, in which case it's a much better stream anyway).

Good luck, and let us know if they respond back or if you decide to re-apply, and I'm sorry that you have to be a victim of their inconsistency.
Thanks asbereth, your suggestion is much appreciated! I'm tired of trying to figure out what they want for the reference letter. I feel that using RA experience alone is still a gambling because of the inconsistency, and I have much more important things to care about at the moment. So, my plan is to find a job (hopefully...) and apply under CEC later, which should elimiate the ambiguity. Though it sucks that I need to take the English test again...But anyways, I'll take a break from the PR application for now.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Hi asbereth,

The first note (which is also the most recent one) said: they got my POF on Jan 10. That's it. Nothing else. They even did not show that they got my proof of job offer. Anything I should do? Thanks.

asbereth said:
Have the made assessment against selection factor? Take a look at one of your notes. I'm assuming that they did just before they made a request for POF?

Congrats !!! When did you pro-actively send your 6 month bank statement and updated PCC?

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Hi asbereth,

In one of the notes, they request POF. In this note, it said label: eligibility. Nothing else.

asbereth said:

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Luigiovemma said:
Thanks asbereth, your suggestion is much appreciated! I'm tired of trying to figure out what they want for the reference letter. I feel that using RA experience alone is still a gambling because of the inconsistency, and I have much more important things to care about at the moment. So, my plan is to find a job (hopefully...) and apply under CEC later, which should elimiate the ambiguity. Though it sucks that I need to take the English test again...But anyways, I'll take a break from the PR application for now.
Let's just hope they positively respond to your email from last month then. Good luck with your job hunting.

beishidashuo said:
In one of the notes, they request POF. In this note, it said label: eligibility. Nothing else.
Can you share the exact wording on that one?

On my CAIPS notes, just before they issued request for POF, the officer made an assessment on my file.

See all of your notes, and find the one that started something like as follows

I have assessed this application against the selection criteria for Federal Skilled Workers
and it ended

Applicant meets pass mark.

PA claims $12,000 in transferrable funds. I will request new statement and 6 months of account history.
Can you find something similar?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aboshosha84 said:
Hello Guys,
Best of Luck to all of U
Aboshosha84
Congrats!
Did you include a PCC or a 6 months bank statement with your application before? So you sent an updated ones this time, or it was your first time ever?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beishidashuo said:
Hi folks,

Did they receive your POF?
You can know the due date for the medical request. Whether they started the criminality and security checks from the activities section.