+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
websphereguy said:
aboshosha84, so you mean to say that you proactively send them the 6 mths bank history and also police cert with them asking from you?

And if yes, how did you submit your letter? And to whom did you address it to (as in addressee name and also mailing address)??

Regards

Reading all these posts I became very anxious about documents I submitted. But I will wait for some kind of reply from them and try to stay positive. But my question is regarding what aboshosha84 wrote. Aboshosha84 mentioned that it is better to send documents before officer asks for them. Does it mean it is OK to submit supplemental documents before time referring them to our application or how exactly one can do that? I am just curious because meantime I received new T4 and I wonder if I can submit it, They received my application last Friday but they did not take even my money yet. It is not even a week yet though so it is ok. Good luck everyone

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Luigiovemma said:
I got my GCMS notes today. Just want to confirm the reason of rejection. It simply says that the letters I provided "listed duties that do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC4122 ..." , the same as in the rejection email. I already posted my reference letter before so I'll skip it here.

They never got back to me regarding my inquiry email I sent out to them after my rejection.

So...guess that's end of the story. I don't think I can get a much improved letter than the one I provided. It could just be random as we already have a lot of discussions here regarding using RA/TA as the only experience. So...don't want to risk re-applying with the same amount of information. I'll just say goodbye to this PhD stream now.

Good luck to the rest of people here!
It seems that the officer did not consider your updated work exp. letters. I did not get any feedback on my current application but I am preparing a new application now.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I am preparing my new application, I need your advice on the proof of fund. I can submit my parents bank statements in addition to my bank statement, Do you think that is good or bad?

Details:
- I can write an explanation that my parents are supporting my living and study in Canada.
- I am worried that the officer may think that the money shown in my bank statement is not mine.
- A friend told me that it is good point let the officer know that I am well settled, the officer will never think that the money is not mine, and I will need any assistance from the gover. after getting the PR.

What do you think?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I am still preparing the application package. I wonder about some points related to work experience:
- I can include the T4 and T4A's that show the annual non-taxable income.
- I can include the contracts for RA that shows the hours per month and the hour rate.
- I can include the research awards letters that show amount per month and duration.
- I can include the pay slips that show when and what I received monthly.
-- First point: if I include the awards letters, it will reflect the rate for my additional work hours, I added to my RA hours from contracts per month. The officer may observe that there are two hour rates one from the contract and another from the award which is not less than the minimum wage.
-- Second point: if I include the T4's, the officer may observe that the full time work experience letter is based on non-taxable payment (research award). I hope that will not become an issue as we discussed here before.
-- Third point: if I include the pay slips, it will be clear that I received a scholarship that covers a semester in one month and did not receive any money for the rest of the semester, and as a result the officer may observe that the work period after this payment is related to the previous work periods, there is a gap and the officer does not consider it continuous work experience.

It is all about the T4's, RA contracts, research award letters, and payment slips. What to include in the application!!

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
aboshosha84 said:
Thanks u all for ur kind greetings. Actually an updated PCC was sent 6 months ago because I couldn't wait till the they ask me to submit. Updated bank statement was sent only 10 days ago.
Congrats!! I wonder if you provided finger printed criminal record of the RCMP recently or what?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
beishidashuo said:
Hi asbereth,
After I reviewed my 42-page CAIPS, I found out that on the same day Jan 9, 2013. They reviewed my criminal record and POF. But they only requested POF. And I did not find any extra words like you posted just now. Thanks. Any suggestion? Would I get the 5 points due to graduation of PhD?
1) How old is your criminal record check from your back home?
2) How old is your criminal record check from Canada?
3) Was it the finger-print record from RCMP?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hey guys, hope things are good. I'm still in brazil until the end of the month.
Meanwhile, give a look at this:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/education/who-will-hire-all-the-phds-not-canadas-universities/article10976412/

After not coming here for two years, I am a bit amazed by the job opportunities here in Brazil. This next two years will be fun to see.

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
salam20 said:
It seems that the officer did not consider your updated work exp. letters. I did not get any feedback on my current application but I am preparing a new application now.
They did consider my second letter according the GCMS notes. My second letter was required by CIC Sydney. There's record showing they considered both my letters when conducting the evaluation.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
salam20 said:
I can submit my parents bank statements in addition to my bank statement, Do you think that is good or bad?

Details:
- I can write an explanation that my parents are supporting my living and study in Canada.
- I am worried that the officer may think that the money shown in my bank statement is not mine.
- A friend told me that it is good point let the officer know that I am well settled, the officer will never think that the money is not mine, and I will need any assistance from the gover. after getting the PR.
If you want your parents to somehow support you for this proof of funds, it is still a very bad idea to show THEIR bank statements (as in, under their names), and it won't be accepted. The most you can do is to have them transfer the money into YOUR account (under your name ONLY). And you canNOT borrow this money from your parents. Your parents must be willing to give the money to you, and you should NOT be obligated to return the money back to them.

What I suggest you to do (not just for re-application, but because Ottawa may still request you for further proof of funding later on for the current application) is, have your parents transfer the money to your Canadian bank account (assuming, of course, that right now, you do not have enough money in all your accounts combined to meet the threshold), and hope that, by the time they request for POF, you would have had the money sitting in your bank account for over 6 months. If not, then have your parents sign a notarized affidavit, saying that the deposit is a gift, and you don't have to return it to them (TyrusX posted a link several pages ago on this).

http://get2canada.wordpress.com/advice-on-proof-of-funds/

I don't think you will be rejected, but if you still insist on submitting new application, then you should show enough money in your account alone (or your wife's or combined), so have your parents transfer the money, and have them sign a notarized affidavit, then send only the bank balance with your re-appllication. They will definitely ask for bank statement later on, in which case, you will just submit the history without explanation. If they need explanation, then you provide them with the letter, otherwise, you won't have to.

Luigiovemma said:
They did consider my second letter according the GCMS notes. My second letter was required by CIC Sydney. There's record showing they considered both my letters when conducting the evaluation.
So Sydney did consider your additional letter, and then they accepted it before transferring your application to Ottawa. They requested it, then they accepted it, only to later on, rejected it. I wonder why Sydney people were so inept on this (why couldn't they just say something if they thought it still had problem? they obviously had the capacity to note that there was something missing when they made that request).

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/education/who-will-hire-all-the-phds-not-canadas-universities/article10976412/

After not coming here for two years, I am a bit amazed by the job opportunities here in Brazil. This next two years will be fun to see.
I've personally given up hope on academia. Plus given my decade long working experience in the IT industry, I am more keen in going back to the industry and I am pretty confident that I can land a decent good paying job (got loads of headhunters buzzing now and then). Besides, even if I did finish my phd, I still have to put up with 1-2 years of post-doc which pays a *censored word*ty pay. Even then that doesn't assure you of a tenured post.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Last day to post your questions to CIC's tweet account,

https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
I've personally given up hope on academia. Plus given my decade long working experience in the IT industry, I am more keen in going back to the industry and I am pretty confident that I can land a decent good paying job (got loads of headhunters buzzing now and then). Besides, even if I did finish my phd, I still have to put up with 1-2 years of post-doc which pays a *censored word*ty pay. Even then that doesn't assure you of a tenured post.
Me too. Only IF I move back to Brazil I will TRY to stay in academia.

Curious2

Jan 7, 2013
TyrusX said:

What is the average salary in Brazil?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
phdsocialwork said:
Reading all these posts I became very anxious about documents I submitted. But I will wait for some kind of reply from them and try to stay positive. But my question is regarding what aboshosha84 wrote. Aboshosha84 mentioned that it is better to send documents before officer asks for them. Does it mean it is OK to submit supplemental documents before time referring them to our application or how exactly one can do that? I am just curious because meantime I received new T4 and I wonder if I can submit it, They received my application last Friday but they did not take even my money yet. It is not even a week yet though so it is ok. Good luck everyone
Would you like to share your timeline to be added to the spreed sheet? If yes, please include your dates, nationality, number of applicants, ecas status, and kind of work experience.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Curious2 said:
What is the average salary in Brazil?
For what? A posdoc position here is something like 6-7k BRL, which is about 3.5k CDN. But you live like a king with that money here.