26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
For what? A posdoc position here is something like 6-7k BRL, which is about 3.5k CDN. But you live like a king with that money here.

GDP per capita for Brazil is like 12k per year. So post-docs actually make that much more compared to average people there? You're lucky you guys can keep dual citizenships :)

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hello!
Who recently heard from CIC for additional documents? I saw in the excel sheet two persons whom their documents were received at Dec. were called for additional documents. Any one after them? Is the processing time faster these days?

MAKSohag

Apr 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-07-2014
Guys,

Could any of you tell me how I can input my information in the immigration tracker? I have recently applied, and my application reached Sydney on 10 April 2013.

Thanks,

Sohag

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
salam20 said:
I am still preparing the application package. I wonder about some points related to work experience:
- I can include the T4 and T4A's that show the annual non-taxable income.
- I can include the contracts for RA that shows the hours per month and the hour rate.
- I can include the research awards letters that show amount per month and duration.
- I can include the pay slips that show when and what I received monthly.
-- First point: if I include the awards letters, it will reflect the rate for my additional work hours, I added to my RA hours from contracts per month. The officer may observe that there are two hour rates one from the contract and another from the award which is not less than the minimum wage.
-- Second point: if I include the T4's, the officer may observe that the full time work experience letter is based on non-taxable payment (research award). I hope that will not become an issue as we discussed here before.
-- Third point: if I include the pay slips, it will be clear that I received a scholarship that covers a semester in one month and did not receive any money for the rest of the semester, and as a result the officer may observe that the work period after this payment is related to the previous work periods, there is a gap and the officer does not consider it continuous work experience.

It is all about the T4's, RA contracts, research award letters, and payment slips. What to include in the application!!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
GDP per capita for Brazil is like 12k per year. So post-docs actually make that much more compared to average people there? You're lucky you guys can keep dual citizenships :)
I'm pretty sure my ex-supervisor makes 25K CDN per month, easily.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
MAKSohag said:
Guys,

Could any of you tell me how I can input my information in the immigration tracker? I have recently applied, and my application reached Sydney on 10 April 2013.

Thanks,

Sohag
Hello MAKSohag,

Just post them here, and I'll update the spreed sheet with your info.
Post your dates, nationality, number of applicants, ecas status, and kind of work experience.
Thanks!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nhab said:
Hello!
Who recently heard from CIC for additional documents? I saw in the excel sheet two persons whom their documents were received at Dec. were called for additional documents. Any one after them? Is the processing time faster these days?
Would you like to share your timeline? If yes, please post your dates, nationality, number of applicants, ecas status, and kind of work experience.

nhab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
N_O said:
Would you like to share your timeline? If yes, please post your dates, nationality, number of applicants, ecas status, and kind of work experience.
Sure, here is my information:

CIC received my application on Dec. 21, 2013
I recieved the file number on Feb 11, 2013
And it's in process

I have 2.5 year full time and 2 years part time job experience in my own country (IRAN) + RA and TA for two years

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nhab said:
Sure, here is my information:

CIC received my application on Dec. 21, 2013
I recieved the file number on Feb 11, 2013
And it's in process

I have 2.5 year full time and 2 years part time job experience in my own country (IRAN) + RA and TA for two years
How many persons are in your application?

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Hi Guys,

I need to request a new copy of my IELTS score for my re-applications. I check the IELTS website, which will not send additional copy for me.

'What if I lose my Test Report Form?'
Test Report Forms are valid for two years. Copies cannot be sent to candidates but IELTS will forward a Test Report Form to your relevant institution or embassy. Up to five copies will be sent free of charge. Additional copies will incur a small administration charge. Talk to your test centre for further details.'

How do I go through it? Thanks.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Few days ago, I went to the IELTS centre and signned a form. The guy there was not easy. I signed an authorization or something that tells I request to receive my IELTS report, by myself, I am responsible for that. The guy there asked me to show him the passport and my signature that is inside the passport, I told that in my country I do not sign the passport. After few hard minutes, he issued me the report for $20. I guess the IELTS ppl are worried about fraud or scam crimes.

unb_wood said:
Hi Guys,

I need to request a new copy of my IELTS score for my re-applications. I check the IELTS website, which will not send additional copy for me.

Test Report Forms are valid for two years. Copies cannot be sent to candidates but IELTS will forward a Test Report Form to your relevant institution or embassy. Up to five copies will be sent free of charge. Additional copies will incur a small administration charge. Talk to your test centre for further details.'

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
I am about to submit my application soon and I have a question. From what I inferred from discussions here, people are asked for POF and police ceritifciates after they first submit their applications (RIGHT?!) , but it is clearly mentioned in the documents checklist that POF is requested. What should I submit then? would it be enough if I print out the last page of my checking account pay history on the bank website showing just the amount available in the account and maybe very recent payments (say up to 2-3 weeks)? Also, for the educational documents, I was wondering if my bachelors and masters transcripts are enough , should I also submit high school transcripts too?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
absolute_boy97 said:
I am about to submit my application soon and I have a question. From what I inferred from discussions here, people are asked for POF and police ceritifciates after they first submit their applications (RIGHT?!) , but it is clearly mentioned in the documents checklist that POF is requested. What should I submit then? would it be enough if I print out the last page of my checking account pay history on the bank website showing just the amount available in the account and maybe very recent payments (say up to 2-3 weeks)? Also, for the educational documents, I was wondering if my bachelors and masters transcripts are enough , should I also submit high school transcripts too?
You need to submit a POF with your application, most applicants choose to submit a letter from their bank showing their balance but if you have a healthy bank account for the last six months, it would be preferable to send them the bank statement for those six month. However, they will ask you to provide it later. If there is any large deposits during the last six months, I do not advice you to send the bank statement with your application, your bank letter is enough at this stage. Keep your bank account healthy and be ready to submit the 6 months bank statement when it is required!

The checklist doesn't require the high school transcript but I submitted them!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
unb_wood said:
Hi Guys,

You took the test in Moncton centre, right? Call the Halifax office and ask them to e-mail you the forms. It costs 15 dollars including everything, and you will be given the IELTS test report form in a week!