Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
I find this really curious. What kind of things could they be looking for by asking Iranians-ONLY for CV? Puzzling!
They are looking for people in "sensitive" fields regarding to the sanctions against Iran. This includes anything related to nuclear engineering, anything that might be useful in military application, etc. It also helps them have a better background/security check.

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
aidina
If someone from May,June,July applicants gets medical request earlier than March and April applicants,it will be unfair,but at this stage,just document requesting, I don't think so it's unfair.

aidina said:
Look at our spreadsheet. Not a single person from March and 2nd half of Feb. has heard from them yet. However, nearly everyone from May has already asked for document update. It is clear that their system is not fair. How do you think it is fair!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
MarMar20 said:
aidina
If someone from May,June,July applicants gets medical request earlier than March and April applicants,it will be unfair,but at this stage,just document requesting, I don't think so it's unfair.
It is totally unfair. Let's assume my application lacks something, and the officer would reject it for a reason. If they go in order (in fact this is what they claim), I would hear my rejection sooner, right. Since they have jumped on May and June applicants, it means more "unfair" waiting for me. Remember that not everyone will reach the medical request step!

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
There is no rejection for May and June applicants until now,just document requesting.Why?

aidina said:
It is totally unfair. Let's assume my application lacks something, and the officer would reject it for a reason. If they go in order (in fact this is what they claim), I would hear my rejection sooner, right. Since they have jumped on May and June applicants, it means more "unfair" waiting for me. Remember that not everyone will reach the medical request step!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
MarMar20 said:
There is no rejection for May and June applicants until now,just document requesting.Why?
Please read my comments before responding. I am talking about myself! Since I think I would be rejected, it is unfair to wait longer than what I should. If they go in order, it is almost March applicants time to be processed not those who applied in May or June. Why should I wait longer than for example May guys to get rejected. When they process those who applied after me without touching my application, it means that they are giving my time to others. If this is not unfair, what it is? BTW, I am not guarding against those who applied after me. It is not their problem. They are just lucky, good for them :). THis is the immigration system that I blame.

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
I think they haven't started processing May ,June applicants. If they have started, there should be at least one rejection in those applicants. Document requesting for May and June applicants to me doesn't mean processing by an officer.My theory is they have hired assistants to check documents and send document request to applicants of May and so on. they want to decrease the total processing time. Anyway,it's my idea.

aidina said:
Please read my comments before responding. I am talking about myself! Since I think I would be rejected, it is unfair to wait longer than what I should. If they go in order, it is almost March applicants time to be processed not those who applied in May or June. Why should I wait longer than for example May guys to get rejected. When they process those who applied after me without touching my application, it means that they are giving my time to others. If this is not unfair, what it is? BTW, I am not guarding against those who applied after me. It is not their problem. They are just lucky, good for them :). THis is the immigration system that I blame.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
mehroonir said:
They are looking for people in "sensitive" fields regarding to the sanctions against Iran. This includes anything related to nuclear engineering, anything that might be useful in military application, etc. It also helps them have a better background/security check.
Of course! I makes sense.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Aidina, be patient, you will hear from them soon with good news. :)

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
sarsanballa said:
Aidina, be patient, you will hear from them soon with good news. :)
I'm preparing my new application even though I sent an appeal to consider my updated documents.
They are applying new scoring for language requirement starting May.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
mehroonir said:
I have a question. Can you name one engineering field of study which is not related or does not have any application in military?

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
BTW I got my document request in Jan. 23rd and I posted it in the forum at that time. Please update my status in the spreadsheet to give people a better idea of what is going on.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
MH_A said:
BTW I got my document request in Jan. 23rd and I posted it in the forum at that time. Please update my status in the spreadsheet to give people a better idea of what is going on.
Nice, congrats. I'm getting exited, I should find out some news pretty soon from the look of the spreadsheet. Just hope it is some good news and not rejection!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
Nice, congrats. I'm getting exited, I should find out some news pretty soon from the look of the spreadsheet. Just hope it is some good news and not rejection!
I have the impression you will not get doc request, unless you are short on money or have lived in many other countries.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
TyrusX said:
I have the impression you will not get doc request, unless you are short on money or have lived in many other countries.
I was thinking that too. It should be OK, I showed about $18,000 but they may have a question mark as I had to take the money out of an investment which my parents did for me in the UK, so they may have a question mark over whether I borrowed $14,000 of that and ask for a bank statement, which has grown since then but it may cause me a delay. Hopefully I will just get a medical request. I could really do with residency by May so I can work full time in my job rather than the 20 hours a week on my OCWP while I go through the whole editing and defense portion of my PhD. It can be pretty slow!

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Brit_Immigrant said:
I was thinking that too. It should be OK, I showed about $18,000 but they may have a question mark as I had to take the money out of an investment which my parents did for me in the UK, so they may have a question mark over whether I borrowed $14,000 of that and ask for a bank statement, which has grown since then but it may cause me a delay. Hopefully I will just get a medical request. I could really do with residency by May so I can work full time in my job rather than the 20 hours a week on my OCWP while I go through the whole editing and defense portion of my PhD. It can be pretty slow!
Hi Brit_Immigrant,

It seems that you have been asked for a bank statement by CIC for your PR app. May I know what date did you receive the request so that I could update the record here? Thanks