Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Btw,

MarMar20, carol_0130, Aaron2012, and hsn893

Have you guys/gals gotten any response from CIC yet? e.g. doc request or med request?

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hey guys. For those who know what's going on on my side, I had a friend who is a lawyer have a look at the operating manuals for case officers. According to him I have a very good shot. He told me to send my bank history which will prove that I am making regular decent money along with my current work contract that guarantees funding until August 15, which according to their regulations means I will be financially stable for the next 6 months (it's the goal of the settlement funds). Finally he said to include the letter from HR (which I just got) stating that my position as assistant professor will turn into a permanent one once I defend my thesis in May.

I will also include a letter telling them I could not maintain the $11000 because I have living expenses.The only reason I had it was thanks to a summer intensive course in May (which they have in their documentation) and a scholarship whose copy I will send to them.

I feel more hopeful :) (despite the fact I just broke my arm after fallin on ice. damn you Calgary :mad:

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
utopie said:
Hey guys. For those who know what's going on on my side, I had a friend who is a lawyer have a look at the operating manuals for case officers. According to him I have a very good shot. He told me to send my bank history which will prove that I am making regular decent money along with my current work contract that guarantees funding until August 15, which according to their regulations means I will be financially stable for the next 6 months (it's the goal of the settlement funds). Finally he said to include the letter from HR (which I just got) stating that my position as assistant professor will turn into a permanent one once I defend my thesis in May.

I will also include a letter telling them I could not maintain the $11000 because I have living expenses.The only reason I had it was thanks to a summer intensive course in May (which they have in their documentation) and a scholarship whose copy I will send to them.

I feel more hopeful :) (despite the fact I just broke my arm after fallin on ice. damn you Calgary :mad:
Damn girl! I have yet to slip on ice in Calgary. :p. Hope you get better soon.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi abdul78,
What is your ecas status? Our applications have a close timeline.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
This is the BUL..T stuff that is coming out of this CPP-Ottawa.
Remember they rejected my application because my reference letters missed some of my work duties. However I sent them an email to notify that I sent new reference letters 7 months ago(dated June 2012) to update my old letters. Note that in their refusal letter they ALL referred to my old reference letters(dated Nov 2011) to reject my application. In the email I asked them why they didn't consider my updated letters, and here is their reply:

"
Dear X: Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. We did consider the additional documentation that you submitted in June 2012, however they led us to the conclusion which resulted in the refusal of your application.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. As a result, no assurance of success can be offered.
"

Question: If you considered my new docs, why in your refusal email you always referred to my old letters? (they were two old letters, so that was not a typo)
My new letters were complete. How could they reject them if you considered them? The answer is they didn't consider them.
They are liars. That's bul..t. They suck money out of people pocket, and they do not let them to send their missing docs.
Now they even lie!!!!! That's Stupid!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
And look at this line of their reply:
"...Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. ..."

I think they mean: Yes we made a mistake, but we cannot reopen your application now. Please submit a new application.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is the BUL..T stuff that is coming out of this CPP-Ottawa.
Remember they rejected my application because my reference letters missed some of my work duties. However I sent them an email to notify that I sent new reference letters 7 months ago(dated June 2012) to update my old letters. Note that in their refusal letter they ALL referred to my old reference letters(dated Nov 2011) to reject my application. In the email I asked them why they didn't consider my updated letters, and here is their reply:

"
Dear X: Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. We did consider the additional documentation that you submitted in June 2012, however they led us to the conclusion which resulted in the refusal of your application.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. As a result, no assurance of success can be offered.
"

Question: If you considered my new docs, why in your refusal email you always referred to my old letters? (they were two old letters, so that was not a typo)
My new letters were complete. How could they reject them if you considered them? The answer is they didn't consider them.
They are liars. That's bul..t. They suck money out of people pocket, and they do not let them to send their missing docs.
Now they even lie!!!!! That's Stupid!
You should order CAIPS/GCMS notes. They may have found you misrepresented yourself, if they did consider your new letters. You need to get that to see what really happened.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
You should order CAIPS/GCMS notes. They may have found you misrepresented yourself, if they did consider your new letters. You need to get that to see what really happened.
Yes, I agree. They have probably felt you misrepresent yourself. They clearly say that they considered your last letter.

BTW, I also called CIC a few days ago , and talked to an agent regarding this issue (sending a supplementary reference letter to Ottawa to provide more details about my duties as RA). She clearly told me that "Yes, you are allowed. I can guarantee that the officer will make his decision based on your supplementary reference letter". Let's see what happens. I did what she instructed me :).

Guruji-33

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
ASG said:
Sure!
But you'll have to be precise as to what your exact field is, because to be honest, I only know the level of grad programs that are in my own field (wildlife biology). I think that depending on what your field is, one way to assess the programs is to check the faculty members, their publications, etc...
My school has a pretty good environmental chemistry program as well. No idea about bioinformatics though...
Hi ASG,

I couldn't reply sooner since I was out of town. Could you please drop me a mail to ansh.emailid@gmail.com, I have some questions that might not be completely relevant/public for this forum, so I can write them to you and clarify soon.

thanks in advance!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:

If I misinterpreted myself, why they refer only to the old letters and say my duties in the letters are not sufficient?
Why don't they say "You misinterpreted yourself"?

All I did in my second RA letter, was to copy the text from the first letter and add few lines and list my RAship duties.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
websphereguy said:
Hi Brit_Immigrant,

It seems that you have been asked for a bank statement by CIC for your PR app. May I know what date did you receive the request so that I could update the record here? Thanks
I have not received anything yet. Just speculating!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
If I misinterpreted myself, why they refer only to the old letters and say my duties in the letters are not sufficient?

All I did in my second RA letter, was to copy the text from the first letter and add few lines and list my RAship duties.
I do not know what to say.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Brit_Immigrant said:
I would speculate that you would get yours soon too. My moneys on the table that you'd get something within the next 2 weeks.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:

In my opinion (which is not an expert's opinion), I would say that they did not consider the additional documents you sent them back on June. The rejection letter sounded weird though:

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your work experience as a Research Assistant at Carleton University cannot be accepted as the list of duties contained in your letter of reference dated November 22, 2012 do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122. Your work experience as a Contract Instructor and a Teaching Assistant was part time and was the full-time equivalent of 10.5 months of work experience. Your work experience as a Software Designer, NOC 2173) at Khazar Sintech Company cannot be accepted as the list of duties contained in your letter of reference dated June 22, 2011 do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 2173. Your work experience as a Contract Instructor at Islamic Azad University was for 5 months. As such, you do not have one year of continuous full-time work experience.
Why would the reference letter be dated November 22 2012? Did you send anything to them back in November? Or was it supposedly November 2011? If that was the case, as you mentioned, I do not think they have considered the letter you sent back on June (since they explicitly mentioned that the your reference letter was dated November '11, and not June '12; if they had considered your June 2012 letter, and made decision based on this, they would have mentioned it in the rejection email). Because based on that letter, I really don't see how it wouldn't match the "leading statement" of NOC 4012 (or NOC 4122 as they mentioned). I don't understand, however, why they said they did consider it.

Brit_Immigrant said:
Hi Brit_Immigrant, just wondering, did you send your documents directly to CPP-Ottawa? Or were you one of the transferred cases from Buffalo?