+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Wow!! I'm just seeing right noe how much people paid for medical and thinking they are ripping me of.
Tomorrow, I will do my medical and they told me is gonna be $400!! is this excessive? How much anyone else paid?

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
rgb said:
Wow!! I'm just seeing right noe how much people paid for medical and thinking they are ripping me of.
Tomorrow, I will do my medical and they told me is gonna be $400!! is this excessive? How much anyone else paid?
That's too much. Ask around before making an appointment.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
rgb said:
The most expensive one was 200 dollars but for 45 minutes, which is actually cheaper than the other one, as that was just 30 min.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
TyrusX said:
The most expensive one was 200 dollars but for 45 minutes, which is actually cheaper than the other one, as that was just 30 min.
A 15 min difference? Are you kidding me? What difference does it make really?

jmmj

Mar 13, 2012
rgb said:
I don't know why it is so expensive for everyone. I did my medical in Sept in Toronto and the prices were Physical 120; X-Ray 35 and Blood 15. Maybe prices have gone up since then or different doctors are charging differently. Or else, it depends on the location of the doctor.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jmmj said:
I don't know why it is so expensive for everyone. I did my medical in Sept in Toronto and the prices were Physical 120; X-Ray 35 and Blood 15. Maybe prices have gone up since then or different doctors are charging differently. Or else, it depends on the location of the doctor.
If I remember correctly, I paid about $130 three yrs ago? I heard at that time some people had paid $350 or something like that in expensive cities in the US but not in Canada.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
jmmj said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
It's all about the money people. Immigration is a cash cow for everybody except the immigrants of course

Curious2

Jan 7, 2013
A friend told me that the cost for medical exams was increased suddenly. Don't compare it with several years ago although Tyrusx had a fair price.
You can call different places. I called only 2 places: one was $200 and the other was $250, but since they more expensive one said you can come today I chose that one. lab test and x-ray cost an additional ($140 for me) amount. The doctor did not do anything for that $250, I had eye exam, weight and height measurement and some touching by the doctor especially around the throat probably checking thyroid.
There was no tax on them 390 was the total amount I paid.

rgb said:

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarsanballa said:
It doesn't matter if the money is sitting in the "saving account" or the "checking account" as long as it is transferrable, and it is ok to go below or over the required minimum amount as long as this "going below" is not a big amount. They will look at both the average as well as the minimum amount.

Cheers. :)
Thanks! :) I already sent them my full bank statement with my application. Just saw people talking about savings and I was wondering if they literally meant savings account!! Thanks again!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Curious2 said:
A friend told me that the cost for medical exams was increased suddenly. Don't compare it with several years ago although Tyrusx had a fair price.
You can call different places. I called only 2 places: one was $200 and the other was $250, but since they more expensive one said you can come today I chose that one. lab test and x-ray cost an additional ($140 for me) amount. The doctor did not do anything for that $250, I had eye exam, weight and height measurement and some touching by the doctor especially around the throat probably checking thyroid.
There was no tax on them 390 was the total amount I paid.
I didn't even had eye exam! Seriously, wtf.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Hi immc,

I have a question regarding your timeline. Your Timeline says that you have been rejected on March as Sydney has not awarded you 5 adaptability points. Have you changed the same application to PER or not?
If yes, as they requested you to provide bank statement on January 2013, most probably Ottawa also awarded you 5 adaptability points.
I got my PER on May 2012 and I ordered caips on December. The caips shows that I have been awarded 5 adaptability points in Sydney, I am just wondering that Ottawa will award the same points or they still insist that we are not eligible for these points.

immc said:
I invested around 10,000 dollars in a company, in June 2012, for a higher interest.
It was stated in the contract that I could withdraw the money if I notified the company in advance.
For sure.... I would be charged for that.....

Now.... I am requested to provide the proof of funds.... in the past six months.
Question 1: Does CIC accept the invested fund that could be claimed as transferable?
Question 2: Which option is better for me?
> transfer the money into my bank account, and explain the fund flow history by the contract and transaction record
> submit the contract to CIC, and explain why it is transferable.

BTW.... here is my timeline.....
Submit: January 2012
NER since 0 point at 2 years' Ph.D study: March 2012
PER: April 2012
Request for fund proof: January 2013

Thanks so much for your time.....

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Feb2004 said:
I contacted the SGS for international fee waiver after PER. I received the PER mail on 4th Feb, but the deadline for fee waiver was 1st Feb, so they have refused me. In case of my dependent at the same Univ., with a different Registrar's office they are willing to consider it till 8th Feb though the deadline has been the same. But I am facing a dilemma, as for the dependent they want me to get the fee waiver first. I really wanted my dependent's application for fee waiver to go through as we are paying international fees. I have funding.
I really don't think it should matter whether you receive the fee waiver or not, as long as her name is also part of the application. I think my friend actually got his fee waived before his wife (and his wife is the primary applicant) after showing that they are indeed married. But how could you and your spouse have different registrar's offices, even though you're going to the same school?

kuzey said:
I have a question regarding your timeline. Your Timeline says that you have been rejected on March as Sydney has not awarded you 5 adaptability points. Have you changed the same application to PER or not?
If yes, as they requested you to provide bank statement on January 2013, most probably Ottawa also awarded you 5 adaptability points.
I got my PER on May 2012 and I ordered caips on December. The caips shows that I have been awarded 5 adaptability points in Sydney, I am just wondering that Ottawa will award the same points or they still insist that we are not eligible for these points.
There are several other cases, I think, where Ottawa has requested for documents from applicants that appealed the 5 adaptability points for previous study. But so far, no medical yet. It does look like that Ottawa would choose to honor Sydney's decision on the 5 adaptability points for previous study, and pretty much all applications after around April 2012 (when the first batch of applicants started appealing their decision) are awarded the 5 adaptability points.

Ehsan_Ehsan, however, mentioned that one of his friends had the 5 points from Sydney, yet, when Ehsan_Ehsan's friend got rejected, Ottawa did not award the 5 adaptability points. But we don't really know the detail of that case, so the rejection could still be due to various of other reasons. So we have immc, so far, and also another forum member (Cutty), both of them required these 5 points to qualify (they appealed Sydney's decision and got positive decision), and they have received correspondence from Ottawa for further documentations. Likewise, MapleDream (who appealed these 5 points from Sydney as well), got awarded these 5 points by Ottawa (though unfortunately, he was rejected for a different reason).

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013