none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
saintezym said:
Hello, I have one question regarding the money issue. I applied with my spouse, and we in total have over 20,000 CAD, half in my account, and half in my spouse's account. But my account doesn't hold more than 13,000 (the threshold number, I can't remember exactly). I am assuming they will consider the money a couple have in total, rather than just the primary applicant. Am I correct?
Interesting question. Situation similar to mine. Wife has some money and I do too, but both of us have separate accounts. And for the PR application, I am the primary.

Luckily for us, we both have our accounts with the same bank which is RBC and we had opened a joint-TFSA account. That way when we go online to our account separately, yet we both get to see the TFSA account and its amount from 2 different online login. So, what we did is that, for the money we don't intend to touch (in this case for the proof of funds for PR application), we just transferred (move the $) it from our own checking account into the TFSA account.

That way, when I requested for a proof of funds from my bank to be use for the PR app, I did manage to see our join total amount since its mainly from the joint-TFSA account.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
utopie said:
But how do you prove the money is yours? What I mean is that an applicant could borrow the money for the entire length of the application and give it back right after getting PR as opposed to another applicant (like me) who did have the money when he/she applied (thanks to a huge scholarship) but could not possibly keep the money because he/she has to take care of basic needs (food, rent, clothes, etc..).
You answered you own question. You got a huge scholarship, so you have documentation proving the origin of you money. On you bank statement, there will be a deposit of sometype that will indicate that money come from somewhere, a university or company. Same thing for people that were employed before. They have documents that show their stipends.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Hello guys

Need a suggestion regarding birth certificate. I do not have birth certificate. It was not mandatory to register birth during my birth. However My parents manage to register my birth at Municipality Corporation. But in the certificate the registration date is mentioned as 12 OCT 2012.

Is it acceptable to CIC, CANADA ?

Thanks in advance

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Interesting question. Situation similar to mine. Wife has some money and I do too, but both of us have separate accounts. And for the PR application, I am the primary.

Luckily for us, we both have our accounts with the same bank which is RBC and we had opened a joint-TFSA account. That way when we go online to our account separately, yet we both get to see the TFSA account and its amount from 2 different online login. So, what we did is that, for the money we don't intend to touch (in this case for the proof of funds for PR application), we just transferred (move the $) it from our own checking account into the TFSA account.

That way, when I requested for a proof of funds from my bank to be use for the PR app, I did manage to see our join total amount since its mainly from the joint-TFSA account.
That will not be an issue. It is normal for people to have multiple accounts and they understand that.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
utopie said:
But how do you prove the money is yours? What I mean is that an applicant could borrow the money for the entire length of the application and give it back right after getting PR as opposed to another applicant (like me) who did have the money when he/she applied (thanks to a huge scholarship) but could not possibly keep the money because he/she has to take care of basic needs (food, rent, clothes, etc..).
Well if you can borrow the money for the entire length of application that is fine. If they see that there is no Big money just came to your account in the past 6 month they will assume that the money is yours.

In the case that the big money comes to your account in the past 6 month you need to provide the proof. For example in my case, I will ask my family to send the receipt of the money that they sent for me as family support. The rest of my money comes from TA/RA which is obvious because in the bank statement it shows that it comes from payroll.

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
Anybody knows that the bank statement (I mean only settlement fund)) is valid for how long? My bank statement date is 1st of December, is it valid after 1.5 month or I should get a new statement?

dibooooostar

Apr 18, 2012
ASG said:
First, congrats!
The way to inform them is to send an email to your VISA office with a copy of the birth certificate attached.

Cheers
Thanks for your reply, but do you think that it is enough, and is it better to wait a little not to delay my application more.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dibooooostar said:
Thanks for your reply, but do you think that it is enough, and is it better to wait a little not to delay my application more.
I'm not sure what you mean by "wait not to delay your application"...
You already gave birth, right? If so, my take is that the sooner they know, the better - that way they have the info while your application is being processed rather than at the last minute when they're ready to make a decision.

As for how to inform them, that's the way I did it (email with copy of birth certificate), and from what I remember, on the application package somewhere in the guidelines, they mention that the VISA office can be contacted via email in case of a change of family situation (marriage, birth, etc...).
So, I'm pretty sure it's the only thing you need to do...

Let's see if others here might know about this.

Just be careful that you have proof of funds for the extra family member

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
MH_A said:
Congrats AF___. At least it means that they have looked at your documents again. Like the other guys I am wondering about your nationality. If you are Iranian, then it means that they are discriminating Iranians. If you look at the tracker, 3 of 4 rejected applications are from Iranian applicants. If we know they want to make it hard for us, then we may have other plans for our lives than waiting for nothing!
I'm from Iran. No need to panic, that's funny that some people here start to draw conclusions and patterns based on 2-3 observations which are statistically completely insignificant! There might or might not be factors based on major, nationality, gender and many more that they use and there is nothing we can do about these, so we better hope for best and try to follow things as outlined/requested! More importantly there are so many details about other applicants that we don't know that might have caused them trouble. So, no real need for "smart" wild guesses of what will happen based on what has happened to last two people. Anyway, fingers crossed!

Fortunately docs that they asked for are simple enough that I have them all ready and will mail them on Monday. Will keep you posted...

nouroz99

Jan 6, 2013
Hi All
I should have asked this question before. I have major portion of the money in Back home is my local currency for more than 2 years and I submitted a bank statement of transactions of 1 year with my application and a Canadian bank statement of transaction of my regular current account (small portion of the money) as well. I understood that the money should be transferable which I think it is. My question is : Is it necessary to have the money in Canadian Bank or someone can show it in a bank of country of origin?

Regards

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
AF___ said:
I'm from Iran. No need to panic, that's funny that some people here start to draw conclusions and patterns based on 2-3 observations which are statistically completely insignificant! There might or might not be factors based on major, nationality, gender and many more that they use and there is nothing we can do about these, so we better hope for best and try to follow things as outlined/requested! More importantly there are so many details about other applicants that we don't know that might have caused them trouble. So, no real need for "smart" wild guesses of what will happen based on what has happened to last two people. Anyway, fingers crossed!

Fortunately docs that they asked for are simple enough that I have them all ready and will mail them on Monday. Will keep you posted...
Hi guys,
My application for PhD stream was received at 9th December 2011. They rejected my application due to lack of work experience even though it has received PER at CIO. It seems people at Ottawa likes to reject applications.
It looks like no Iranian student got to the medical exam. (I'm Iranian too).
I attached the rejection reasons of my application while you can see how they can make couple of mistakes and reject your application.

Quote:"I am not satisfied that you meet the first part of these requirements because you have not demonstrated that you have at least one year of continuous, full-time work experience. According to your letter of reference from the University of British Columbia dated May 9, 2012, you worked as a Research Assistant from January 2009 until the date of your application for 50 weeks per year at 15 hours per week. This is the equivalent of 525 hours or 3.5 months of full-time work experience. The same letter indicated your work experience as a Graduate Teaching Assistant of 175 hours and as a Sessional Instructor of 210 hours. This is the equivalent of 2.5 months of full-time work experience. Your letter of reference from the National Research Council indicated that you worked for 25 hours per week between May 2010 and August 2010 and from January 2011 until April 2011. This work experience is the equivalent of 5 months of full-time work experience. Your total claimed work experience in NOC skill type 0 or skill level A or B occupations is 11 months; there was no indications that this work experience is continuous."

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
AF___ said:

Agreed. I meant no offense AF__. It is just that we know Canada-Iran relationships are not well and we have seen plenty of actions from the Canadian government and institutions like banks giving iranians in Canada a hard time. Please keeps up updated.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
nouroz99 said:
Hi All
I should have asked this question before. I have major portion of the money in Back home is my local currency for more than 2 years and I submitted a bank statement of transactions of 1 year with my application and a Canadian bank statement of transaction of my regular current account (small portion of the money) as well. I understood that the money should be transferable which I think it is. My question is : Is it necessary to have the money in Canadian Bank or someone can show it in a bank of country of origin?

Regards
No it is not necessary. You only need to transfer the money when you land ( I think, you need to bring it somehow, or show that is available for bank transfer).

nouroz99

Jan 6, 2013
TyrusX said:
No it is not necessary. You only need to transfer the money when you land ( I think, you need to bring it somehow, or show that is available for bank transfer).
Thanks TyrusX
Regards

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
dmn1363 said:
Hi guys,
My application for PhD stream was received at 9th December 2011. They rejected my application due to lack of work experience even though it has received PER at CIO. It seems people at Ottawa likes to reject applications.
It looks like no Iranian student got to the medical exam. (I'm Iranian too).
I attached the rejection reasons of my application while you can see how they can make couple of mistakes and reject your application.

Quote:"I am not satisfied that you meet the first part of these requirements because you have not demonstrated that you have at least one year of continuous, full-time work experience. According to your letter of reference from the University of British Columbia dated May 9, 2012, you worked as a Research Assistant from January 2009 until the date of your application for 50 weeks per year at 15 hours per week. This is the equivalent of 525 hours or 3.5 months of full-time work experience. The same letter indicated your work experience as a Graduate Teaching Assistant of 175 hours and as a Sessional Instructor of 210 hours. This is the equivalent of 2.5 months of full-time work experience. Your letter of reference from the National Research Council indicated that you worked for 25 hours per week between May 2010 and August 2010 and from January 2011 until April 2011. This work experience is the equivalent of 5 months of full-time work experience. Your total claimed work experience in NOC skill type 0 or skill level A or B occupations is 11 months; there was no indications that this work experience is continuous."
I'm sorry to hear of your rejection. Remember that you can always try to reapply in the future and that you have other more local options. I believe BC has a PHD/Msc immigration program as well. And there is the CEC for when you graduate. Thanks for collaborating with your story. Cold you tell us when did you receive further communication from them? Was it today?