+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

nouroz99

Jan 6, 2013
Just a quick question. If a person's spouse has funding from the University does that count as towards the settlement fund? Any idea?
Regards

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
nouroz99 said:
Just a quick question. If a person's spouse has funding from the University does that count as towards the settlement fund? Any idea?
Regards
Not unless the money is already directly in your hands. I know some profs / faculty promise x amt for 3 yrs for example and pay it by every mth / semester. Some other profs might just dump the whole x amt of money in advance for 1 yr or sometimes to 2 years, etc. The later, does that mostly for accounting purposes, if they don't use up the funds they were allocated with in a given amt of time as indicated by the project/grant directive, they will loose it.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
The immigration minister Jason Kenney seems to be globe-trotting - right now in India
see his twit "En route to Amritsar to hold important news conference, meet Punjabi Ministers, visit the Golden Temple, etc."
https://twitter.com/kenneyjason

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
Just be aware that this may be evaluated as misrepresentation. If they request someone a 6 months bank history, it means they already suspect something can be wrong. Canada has been reevaluating lots of permanent residents and citizens and if they see and consider this as misrepresentation you may banned from entering Canada again for a few years. And you will also need that money to be present in your account when you land and become a resident. You'll have to prove to an officer in person that you have that funding. So 6 months is probably not even enough. I understand that it hard to save all that money, but better be as honest as one can be.
i totally agree with you...it's because people do fraud in the funds part that they are becoming so strict and asking for account histories randomly.... ;)so it's best to be honest .... ;D

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the 6 months bank statement/history.

I got my PER last May, and obviously I haven't been asked for further documentation yet. We were 2 people on my application, and we're now 3 as I had a baby (born in Canada).

My husband lost his job at the end of September, and thus was receiving employment benefits in October and November - in December, he switched to child care benefits.

I'm the main applicant, but I wonder if the spouse 's situation can be an issue in getting PR or not. I have enough funds for the 3 of us, and I can prove that, however, I'm afraid that if they ask for bank history, they'll see that he was receiving employment benefits for a few months and thus reject my application, despite the fact that I do have enough money for the whole family.

Any thoughts on this?

Victory 2013

Jan 11, 2013
salam20 said:
My credit card was encashed on Jan. 8 and I did not receive my PER email yet. Nothing is on my ecas. Any advice?
Hint: I emailed them on Jan 8th to provide more supporting documents.
Hey Salam20,

Need your quick help buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have applied on Sep 14 2012 and I got back my application package due to the attestation letter. Then after, I have resubmitted my application and it reached at CIC on Nov 23, 2012. I just came to know from my bank that my bank draft has been cashed on Jan10, 2013. However, I still not get PER Yet. I know it will take time but just wondering since you didn't get it yet. Please let me know once you ll get.

And I do not understand 'Hint: I emailed them on Jan 8th to provide more supporting documents'
Do they asked you to submit some documents? Can you please elaborate, If u r ok with that?

Thanks

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hello guys I have a question.

Should we have that much money in our bank account for 6 month?
Because I do not have it for 6 month but I work as TA/RA and I receive money from payrol every two weeks
and now it 12000$. if they ask me I can give that but for sure it was not 12000 6 month ago. it was about
6000$. is that a problem?

To me they ask for 6 month bank statement to see if that money is really for us and we did not borrow they do not
care if we have that much money 6 month ago. Is that right?

Also, We are all international students I receive support from my family and I have receipt for that. Is that
considered as the money that is not mine and I borrowed?

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Unfortunately yes *sigh*. It looks like they now ask almost every applicant for this statement.
You must have the entire amount up until you land:they will ask for it at landing and yes they care whether have it or not during the entire process.
It is quite unrealistic to expect international students to have such a large sum sitting quietly in our accounts but that's the way the cookie crumbles and there is nothing we can do about it.
Hopefully, they won't ask for the 6 month bank statement. What bugs me is that nowhere in the application package do they say that they might ask for this type of documentation. If it was clearly stated in the guideline, many potential applicants would think twice. They would not go through the hassle of being rejected (waste of time and money).

hooman2012 said:
Hello guys I have a question.

Should we have that much money in our bank account for 6 month?
Because I do not have it for 6 month but I work as TA/RA and I receive money from payrol every two weeks
and now it 12000$. if they ask me I can give that but for sure it was not 12000 6 month ago. it was about
6000$. is that a problem?

To me they ask for 6 month bank statement to see if that money is really for us and we did not borrow they do not
care if we have that much money 6 month ago. Is that right?

Also, We are all international students I receive support from my family and I have receipt for that. Is that
considered as the money that is not mine and I borrowed?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
utopie said:
Unfortunately yes *sigh*. It looks like they now ask almost every applicant for this statement.
You must have the entire amount up until you land:they will ask for it at landing and yes they care whether have it or not during the entire process.
It is quite unrealistic to expect international students to have such a large sum sitting quietly in our accounts but that's the way the cookie crumbles and there is nothing we can do about it.
Hopefully, they won't ask for the 6 month bank statement. What bugs me is that nowhere in the application package do they say that they might ask for this type of documentation. If it was clearly stated in the guideline, many potential applicants would think twice. They would not go through the hassle of being rejected (waste of time and money).

Well, I have seen some people rejected because of bank statement, but they have been rejected because "They could not show that this money is for themselves" Not because they "did not have that much money up until they have been asked for ".

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hooman2012 said:
Well, I have seen some people rejected because of bank statement, but they have been rejected because "They could not show that this money is for themselves" Not because they "did not have that much money up until they have been asked for ".
There was actually a person just a few days ago that got rejected because she presented 150 dollars less on her bank statement than it was required. :(

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
There was actually a person just a few days ago that got rejected because she presented 150 dollars less on her bank statement than it was required. :(

Yes, but it was not "During the 6 month". she presented 150 dollars less at the end when they asked for right?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hooman2012 said:
Yes, but it was not "During the 6 month". she presented 150 dollars less at the end when they asked for right?
I couldn't find her/his post again. But I believe the case was that she submitted her bank statement, was requested to send 6 months bank history, and then didn't have the correct amount in the current date, for just a few dollars, less than 200. THus, one can interpret that as not having money now instead of a month ago. I don't believe that having less money at some time during the last 6 months will be a big problem. I also didn't have 12k all the time during the last year.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
I couldn't find her/his post again. But I believe the case was that she submitted her bank statement, was requested to send 6 months bank history, and then didn't have the correct amount in the current date, for just a few dollars, less than 200. THus, one can interpret that as not having money now instead of a month ago. I don't believe that having less money at some time during the last 6 months will be a big problem. I also didn't have 12k all the time during the last year.
I'm getting worried about this too. Within the last 6 months, there were several days where my money went below the threshold (around 10k something ). I really hope this won't be a big problem.

Regarding people getting rejected, I think several weeks ago, there was a couple here that had 600 dollars less than threshold by the time she submitted the bank statement, so it was indeed the case of not showing enough money, rather than not having the required money for the whole 6 months.

MASOUD2011's case, however, is the only one we know so far where bank account history could create a problem. If I'm not mistaken, he went way below the threshold at the date Ottawa sent him the request, and started making several large deposits within the next several weeks, and this led to another documentation request, and eventually, rejection :(

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
I'm getting worried about this too. Within the last 6 months, there were several days where my money went below the threshold (around 10k something ). I really hope this won't be a big problem.

Regarding people getting rejected, I think several weeks ago, there was a couple here that had 600 dollars less than threshold by the time she submitted the bank statement, so it was indeed the case of not showing enough money, rather than not having the required money for the whole 6 months.

MASOUD2011's case, however, is the only one we know so far where bank account history could create a problem. If I'm not mistaken, he went way below the threshold at the date Ottawa sent him the request, and started making several large deposits within the next several weeks, and this led to another documentation request, and eventually, rejection :(
There was also another guy that was desperate because he got a huge ammount from his family and was requested to have bank history submited. He even created another thread for himself. In the end he decided to withdraw his application.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Victory 2013 said:
Hey Salam20,

Need your quick help buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have applied on Sep 14 2012 and I got back my application package due to the attestation letter. Then after, I have resubmitted my application and it reached at CIC on Nov 23, 2012. I just came to know from my bank that my bank draft has been cashed on Jan10, 2013. However, I still not get PER Yet. I know it will take time but just wondering since you didn't get it yet. Please let me know once you ll get.

And I do not understand 'Hint: I emailed them on Jan 8th to provide more supporting documents'
Do they asked you to submit some documents? Can you please elaborate, If u r ok with that?

Thanks
I am pleased to know that. On my side, I am still waiting for the PER. They did not ask me for anything. I did not get any email from them. I was planning to send them these supporting documents since week ago. In fact, I sent them the documents then I got to know that my credit card was encashed.
Keep me updated.