+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Karmen

Jun 5, 2012
Me too.....what this could mean?
I got the medical request last week and it is not received by them yet I think

aelatar said:
Guys,

I checked my application status today and it shows an additional sentence "We started processing your application on October 28, 2012."

Any thoughts on that?

esi110

Aug 23, 2012
zephyr86 said:
Dear esi110 and creazyleader,

I'm an Iranian PhD student in Quebec, too. Going through the last few pages of the forum particularly concerns about proving future intention of residence in other provinces, and bank statement stuff is making me damn worried. So, I'd like to get in touch with you, too. Please let me know if we can see each other in this week.

Thanks.
hello,
can u send me an email on ehsan_d60@yahoo.com ?

lucyyang

Sep 3, 2009
Thank you all for sharing and advicing on the financial issue!
I just sent out my appeal letter by both email and mail yesterday. Let's hope the best.

For those who have the similar financial concerns, based on my own experience, I would like to suggest you
1) try to keep your bank account balance meeting the minimum requirment since your application date, and keep it till you get your PR. As any time after your application, you may be asked for the proof of funds again along with the detail account activities in the past 6 months.
2) any account from you and from your co-applicants could be considered.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
I would add that if you having saving on your home country account that is also acceptable. Get a statement from them and get it translated and then convert the values on another page using todays currency exchange values, referencing the date and where did you look for that value.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
lucyyang said:
Thank you all for sharing and advicing on the financial issue!
I just sent out my appeal letter by both email and mail yesterday. Let's hope the best.

For those who have the similar financial concerns, based on my own experience, I would like to suggest you
1) try to keep your bank account balance meeting the minimum requirment since your application date, and keep it till you get your PR. As any time after your application, you may be asked for the proof of funds again along with the detail account activities in the past 6 months.
2) any account from you and from your co-applicants could be considered.
Hi I have a question:

Which time period is Ottawa asking for the details of checking account ? The last 6 months prior to the date of our application submission or the last 6 months prior to the date of their request of bank activities?

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Silly question. As I am reading all the comments about the 6 month banking history I cannot help but wonder where does it say on the application requirements or anywhere else related to PR application guidelines that you have to show that type of document? If it is not stated in the application required documentation then you do not have to show it even if they ask you right? If your application is rejected based on the fact that you did not have the money sitting on you account for 6 months can you actually appeal by referring to the application guidelines and pointing out that there is not a single line about this type of documentation?

Mukam

Oct 23, 2012
Hi Masoud,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to suggest that you should get legal document in English from your country showing that it is your money, which you have acquired by selling your own property. The only thing I am concerned about is that they may still want to see that money for past 6 months in your bank account. In which case, if you have any bank account (joint or not) and you have enough money in that account for past 6 months, then that will be a better option. Or if your family knows the bank manager in your home town or if he will accept bribe for giving you a bank statement and history for past 6 months from your home country, then that may also help you. I am not sure if it will be possible in your home country but in some countries, this can be done very easily.

Hope you find a good way out of this situation.

Good Luck.

Mukam

Oct 23, 2012
Actually Masoud, Utopie is right. I just read the guidelines again. They just ask for the 6 month history to make sure that the money is not borrowed. I think you should be fine, if you can prove that it is your money by providing some legal document. I guess you don't have to get any fake bank statements or anything of that sort.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaah! This is crazy! No movement whatsoever since my PER (Apr 5, 2012)! Have they stopped processing PhD applicants altogether? All I see is that 3 or 4 early applicants are moving along, everyone else just standing still! UNBEARABLE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
GeoCanadian said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaah! This is crazy! No movement whatsoever since my PER (Apr 5, 2012)! Have they stopped processing PhD applicants altogether? All I see is that 3 or 4 early applicants are moving along, everyone else just standing still! UNBEARABLE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
GeoCanadian, they seem to be picking themselves up again this CIC folks with regards to our stream. So, shortly we should hear something for those that send their app in April. I am hoping soonest by Jan nxt yr. But latest by Feb.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
websphereguy said:
GeoCanadian, they seem to be picking themselves up again this CIC folks with regards to our stream. So, shortly we should hear something for those that send their app in April. I am hoping soonest by Jan nxt yr. But latest by Feb.
Thanks Websphereguy... Let's keep our fingers crossed! Just had to vent frustration a bit. Good luck to you and all those who have waited patiently...

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
GeoCanadian said:
Thanks Websphereguy... Let's keep our fingers crossed! Just had to vent frustration a bit. Good luck to you and all those who have waited patiently...
All the best to you too GeoCanadian.

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am going to reapply. last time I was rejected as I had only 5 semester completed. Now I am fully eligible. Can anyone please give me update what are the new facts now? last time it was 5 adaptability points. I found few people were rejected due to fund problem. I have last 6 months' history of my bank account there was $11000 in average and finally $14000 at the end. obviously there were transfers from friends. Now, I noticed some of the applicants were refused saying it could be borrowed from friends. if this is the case that means they are very rude now. please suggest me what should i keep in mind before applying including this proof of fund issue.
thnx

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
sam001 said:
Hi everyone,
I am going to reapply. last time I was rejected as I had only 5 semester completed. Now I am fully eligible. Can anyone please give me update what are the new facts now? last time it was 5 adaptability points. I found few people were rejected due to fund problem. I have last 6 months' history of my bank account there was $11000 in average and finally $14000 at the end. obviously there were transfers from friends. Now, I noticed some of the applicants were refused saying it could be borrowed from friends. if this is the case that means they are very rude now. please suggest me what should i keep in mind before applying including this proof of fund issue.
thnx
The money needs to be yours. If you borrow and they notice it, you risk getting rejected. This has always been in the regulations. Other than it seems we still follow the same regulations as before.

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
TyrusX said:
The money needs to be yours. If you borrow and they notice it, you risk getting rejected. This has always been in the regulations. Other than it seems we still follow the same regulations as before.
thnx for reply. how can i prove that??? also I dont have the IELTS original score sheet as they did not return my documents last time. will they accept copy of my result this time along with a cover letter explaining this?