+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
ehsan.isf said:
Hi all, i was wondering if anybody knows that wether the processing time is longer for married people compared to the singles? Because most of the people with my timeline received their MR about a month ago but I am still waiting. So i was thinking maybe its because I have included my wide also in the applucation file.

I really appreciate your comments.
No reference, but I think it should not be any difference for married or single applicants. CPC does the eligibility check and if you pass, then they send medical request and RPRF. It may be true when it goes to security and criminality check because they check each persons in your application (but again this works parallel, so it won't be that different, unless one of your family members lived in significantly many countries and travelled many countries, otherwise it is not that bad).

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
has anybody landed in BC at Peace Arch or any other entry in BC ? I dont have a car and looks like even if I get close that region by public transport I will have to walk the rest which is fine, only when I check on google street view it looks like the customs are on the road?! meaning that I should be on the road and thereofre in a car?? I am very confused as how I should land without a car. Any suggestion is welcome.

p.s. :For inland landing they told me it will happen in 1 month but I dont want to wait that long.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Thanks you so much.... help a lot!!

richard1234 said:
Hi Gavin_cic,
I think it is a common practice. Don't think too much and do not even think to stay in Canada without having valid status. This is one of the clauses in PR (I guess). You never lived in Canada without valid status.

Here is the discussion.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-application-in-process-study-permit-expired-need-help-t251792.0.html

Read this for restoration.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

Again, precaution is better than cure. If I were you, I would not let things go into complication. I apply before 30 days of expiry. Keep in mind that anything can happen during the process, before landing.

Hope this helps you.

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
absolute_boy97 said:
has anybody landed in BC at Peace Arch or any other entry in BC ? I dont have a car and looks like even if I get close that region by public transport I will have to walk the rest which is fine, only when I check on google street view it looks like the customs are on the road?! meaning that I should be on the road and thereofre in a car?? I am very confused as how I should land without a car. Any suggestion is welcome.

p.s. :For inland landing they told me it will happen in 1 month but I dont want to wait that long.
Hi there,

I did my landing at Peace arch 2 month ago. My friend gave me a ride and dropped me at a place called "visitor information" (something like that). Then I walk 10 mins along that road to US customs. Drive a car (or some one give you ride), park at the Canada side, walk to US side, and walk back. That is the most efficient way to do landing at Peace Arch. Bus probably couldn't bring you very close to the border.

Try noon time or later evening to avoid heavy traffic. Hope this answer your question.

Enginer315

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-05-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Interview........
4th Line (DM): 29-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-07-2015
Hi guys

I got my PP back with visa and CoPR.

I will landing after my conference at Toronto airport.

thanks everyone for your support. This forum was really helpful and guys over here are very cooperative.

Cheers,

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Enginer315 said:
Hi guys

I got my PP back with visa and CoPR.

I will landing after my conference at Toronto airport.

thanks everyone for your support. This forum was really helpful and guys over here are very cooperative.

Cheers,
Congrat!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Hi,

I have a question from those who already landed. Is there any types if stamp in the copy if your copr (like date stamp or cic stamp)?

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Viva2014 said:
Hi,

I have a question from those who already landed. Is there any types if stamp in the copy if your copr (like date stamp or cic stamp)?
"Is there any types OF stamp in the copy OF your copr (like date stamp or cic stamp)?"

Not, just signiture on copr, stamp on your ppt

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014 said:
Hi,

I have a rubber stamp and signature. It doesn't matter. Everything is stored electronically, and if you can see line 5 in e-CAS (you have landed on XX in XX office and became PR of Canada) - you are 100% good.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hi folks,

Congratulations to your PPR and successful landing.

It seems to be stuck after medical examination request and RPRF. Any idea or advice about my case?

I received medical examination request on 25th May, 2015. And I sent my ME receipt to CIC on 25th May, 2015, because I did an up-front medical examination on 6th April. However, I have not received any news from CIC since then. And the 3rd line is still not available in my eCAS system.

I received my GCMS this morning, it was ordered on 12nd June. In the "fees" section, It said RPRF is paid. And in the "Incomeing" section, it said the verification of Medical examination is received. However in the "activity" part, the latest one is as following:

sub-activity/activity type: medical
field name:status
new value: sent
updated date:2015/05/25

And here is my timeline:
App. Filed.......: 20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.: 26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
PER-CIO:11-Feb-2015
File Transfer...: 27-Feb-2015
Med's Request: 25-May-2015
Med's Done....: 6-April-2015

Do I need to contact CPC-Ottawa?

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
lavalsong said:
Hi folks,

Congratulations to your PPR and successful landing.

It seems to be stuck after medical examination request and RPRF. Any idea or advice about my case?

I received medical examination request on 25th May, 2015. And I sent my ME receipt to CIC on 25th May, 2015, because I did an up-front medical examination on 6th April. However, I have not received any news from CIC since then. And the 3rd line is still not available in my eCAS system.

I received my GCMS this morning, it was ordered on 12nd June. In the "fees" section, It said RPRF is paid. And in the "Incomeing" section, it said the verification of Medical examination is received. However in the "activity" part, the latest one is as following:

sub-activity/activity type: medical
field name:status
new value: sent
updated date:2015/05/25

And here is my timeline:
App. Filed.......: 20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.: 26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
PER-CIO:11-Feb-2015
File Transfer...: 27-Feb-2015
Med's Request: 25-May-2015
Med's Done....: 6-April-2015

Do I need to contact CPC-Ottawa?
Check your security and criminality section. Have you submitted your police reports with application? Most of the time consuming part is security clearance. It also depends on how many countries you or your dependents have visited.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Diplomatru said:
I have a rubber stamp and signature. It doesn't matter. Everything is stored electronically, and if you can see line 5 in e-CAS (you have landed on XX in XX office and became PR of Canada) - you are 100% good.
Thank you Diplomatru ;)

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
I landed today at the local CIC office. It went very smooth and the lady was so kind. She asked me the employment letter and nothing else. It took around 10 minutes to be done.
Thanks again for your support and wish you speedy MR and PPR and smooth landing.

Good luck :) :) :) :)