Third Line 02-06-2015; Decision Made: 22-06-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015 Received: 09-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Dear Friends,

We just came back from Lansdowne thousand island bridge as permanent residents of Canada. I just drove there around 2PM and USA border officers were nice and very professional to me and my family as well. We got to interact with three officers and they did all the formalities. Although we had valid USA VISA, they told us that since you just want to go back to Canada, we will deny you entry and they guided us to Canadian customs, which makes sense.

Canadian officer at the border was very kind to us and take a brief look at our passports and VISA issued a yellow slip and guided us to their office. We got to meet with another officer at the office and she took passport, CoPR and asked us how much you have as proof of funds, I told $$$ enough for three people, and showed her the ATM slips which i took before driving there. I also mentioned that i have statements for banks, she didn't bother to look at it. It took approximately 7 minutes and we have to sign the CoPR and she said: You guys are all set and enjoy the beautiful weather out there. We felt like, It was just going to ServiceCanada or ServiceOntario offices, very client friendly and professional as well as Helpful. We just walked out to enjoy the beautiful thousand islands and spent approximately 2 hours enjoying the picnic and taking a skyview from Tower and drove back home.

All together, it was a wonderful experience today. There has been ups and downs since 7 months but hopes, patience and strengths kept us on right track and prepare for the next step in this journey. Thanks everyone for being very helpful and sharing the experiences. Although most of the seniors has left this forum, i would like to appreciate the help provided by them. I dont want to name them this time, as you are all equally helped me because i have consistently and promptly read each and every comment here (PhD stream) since a year. Now, its the time to give back to this forum. I would be happy to provide accurate information and my experience with PR to whoever needs in this forum.

Its amazing as well as surprising that how we share the experience without personally knowing, seeing, and understanding the persons in this forum. All i came to know about this forum is that irrespective of the country, race, religion, culture, we managed to help each other. Life is beautiful my friends, Enjoy it and don't forget to contribute to the society surrounding you. Oh!! i am getting too emotional. Good luck to everyone whoever waiting/pursuing for something.

Cheers,
PhD Applicant FSW

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
kamranj said:
My dear friends,

I just came back from Niagara Falls, Officially as a Permanent Resident ;D

I had very very very smooth landing experience at Rainbow bridge. I arrived there around 1:00 PM today and walked to USA, I was there at 1:05 PM. The officer asked me for the reason I was there. I told him for "Flag Polling". He got my passport, wrote my name on a refusal letter and gave it back to me in 30 seconds. He did NOT even record my name in their systems. So I was back to Canada side around 1:15 PM. Canadian side officer was also a very nice lady. She got my study permit, passport and took a quick look at bank statement. After 15 minutes of sitting, I signed the COPR and walked out as a PR around 1:30 PM. :) :) Please PM me if you are going to Rainbow bridge for landing for further details.
Congrats Kamran :)

What happened to your study permit and the bank statement? did she keep them or return them to you?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
richard1234 said:
Tracking shows "Item picked up by Canada post" @ Ottawa. I should get by Monday :) Nice. For those who are waiting for passport, Ottawa received passport on 8th July (Wed). For me it takes only 2 days to send back.
Nice richard. Congrats :)

Many good news :)

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
PhD Applicant FSW said:
Dear Friends,

We just came back from Lansdowne thousand island bridge as permanent residents of Canada. I just drove there around 2PM and USA border officers were nice and very professional to me and my family as well. We got to interact with three officers and they did all the formalities. Although we had valid USA VISA, they told us that since you just want to go back to Canada, we will deny you entry and they guided us to Canadian customs, which makes sense.

Canadian officer at the border was very kind to us and take a brief look at our passports and VISA issued a yellow slip and guided us to their office. We got to meet with another officer at the office and she took passport, CoPR and asked us how much you have as proof of funds, I told $$$ enough for three people, and showed her the ATM slips which i took before driving there. I also mentioned that i have statements for banks, she didn't bother to look at it. It took approximately 7 minutes and we have to sign the CoPR and she said: You guys are all set and enjoy the beautiful weather out there. We felt like, It was just going to ServiceCanada or ServiceOntario offices, very client friendly and professional as well as Helpful. We just walked out to enjoy the beautiful thousand islands and spent approximately 2 hours enjoying the picnic and taking a skyview from Tower and drove back home.

All together, it was a wonderful experience today. There has been ups and downs since 7 months but hopes, patience and strengths kept us on right track and prepare for the next step in this journey. Thanks everyone for being very helpful and sharing the experiences. Although most of the seniors has left this forum, i would like to appreciate the help provided by them. I dont want to name them this time, as you are all equally helped me because i have consistently and promptly read each and every comment here (PhD stream) since a year. Now, its the time to give back to this forum. I would be happy to provide accurate information and my experience with PR to whoever needs in this forum.

Its amazing as well as surprising that how we share the experience without personally knowing, seeing, and understanding the persons in this forum. All i came to know about this forum is that irrespective of the country, race, religion, culture, we managed to help each other. Life is beautiful my friends, Enjoy it and don't forget to contribute to the society surrounding you. Oh!! i am getting too emotional. Good luck to everyone whoever waiting/pursuing for something.

Cheers,
PhD Applicant FSW
Wow it was so impressive. +1 for your kind attitude and congrats for becoming PR.

kamranj

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
17-04-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
18-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015 Third Line Update: 29-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Viva2014 said:
Congrats Kamran :)

What happened to your study permit and the bank statement? did she keep them or return them to you?
Thanks Viva, Wish you smooth landing bro :)

She kept the study permit but just took a quick look at balance of statement and returned it.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
kamranj said:
Thanks Viva, Wish you smooth landing bro :)

She kept the study permit but just took a quick look at balance of statement and returned it.
Thanks bro...

Some officers even do not keep the study permit. What should i do with that if it happens?

kamranj

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
17-04-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
18-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015 Third Line Update: 29-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Viva2014 said:
Thanks bro...

Some officers even do not keep the study permit. What should i do with that if it happens?
You don't need the study permit anymore. Let it go buddy, Let it go ;D

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
My study permit will expire on Aug 31, and I am waiting for PPR.
Wondering.... should I apply for extending the permit now?
This may depend on whether I can do the landing process without a valid study permit.
Anyone knows related experiences? Thanks....

Glad to hear so many good news from the last week.... congratulations to all!

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
gavin_cic said:
My study permit will expire on Aug 31, and I am waiting for PPR.
Wondering.... should I apply for extending the permit now?
This may depend on whether I can do the landing process without a valid study permit.
Anyone knows related experiences? Thanks....

Glad to hear so many good news from the last week.... congratulations to all!
Hi gavin_cic,
I had same dilemma 1 week ago. My study permit is expiring end of Aug. too. But luckily I got PPR just 1 day before I supposed to apply for the extension.

Best on my knowledge, you can wait until this month. CIC suggests to apply 30 days before expiry date. These days the processing time is around 75 days. But you presume that you never check the processing time. After you file the application, you will be good until CIC makes decision (hope CIC won't refuse, it won't happen if you are not involved in criminality and have enough fund).

Regarding landing, YOU MUST HAVE LEGAL STATUS IN CANADA (specially for us, because we live here). In that case, you must wait receiving your study permit and then only you go for landing. Otherwise, you will be refused to become PR.

Or you can apply now and just relax. It's just a matter of few $$$ depending on how many accompany persons you have.

Hope it helps you.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Hey richard, thanks for ur time..... do you still remember the related information source of "YOU MUST HAVE LEGAL STATUS IN CANADA"?

[/quote]
richard1234 said:
Hi gavin_cic,
I had same dilemma 1 week ago. My study permit is expiring end of Aug. too. But luckily I got PPR just 1 day before I supposed to apply for the extension.

Best on my knowledge, you can wait until this month. CIC suggests to apply 30 days before expiry date. These days the processing time is around 75 days. But you presume that you never check the processing time. After you file the application, you will be good until CIC makes decision (hope CIC won't refuse, it won't happen if you are not involved in criminality and have enough fund).

Regarding landing, YOU MUST HAVE LEGAL STATUS IN CANADA (specially for us, because we live here). In that case, you must wait receiving your study permit and then only you go for landing. Otherwise, you will be refused to become PR.

Or you can apply now and just relax. It's just a matter of few $$$ depending on how many accompany persons you have.

Hope it helps you.

ehsan.isf

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hi all, i was wondering if anybody knows that wether the processing time is longer for married people compared to the singles? Because most of the people with my timeline received their MR about a month ago but I am still waiting. So i was thinking maybe its because I have included my wide also in the applucation file.

I really appreciate your comments.

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
gavin_cic said:
Hey richard, thanks for ur time..... do you still remember the related information source of "YOU MUST HAVE LEGAL STATUS IN CANADA"?
Hi Gavin_cic,
I think it is a common practice. Don't think too much and do not even think to stay in Canada without having valid status. This is one of the clauses in PR (I guess). You never lived in Canada without valid status.

Here is the discussion.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-application-in-process-study-permit-expired-need-help-t251792.0.html

Read this for restoration.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

Again, precaution is better than cure. If I were you, I would not let things go into complication. I apply before 30 days of expiry. Keep in mind that anything can happen during the process, before landing.

Hope this helps you.