+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Hi Guys,
I am a query regarding medical. I have a "Glaucoma" on my eyes and I am under treatment. I am taking drops. Is it a problem for medical test? It was discovered last year after I arrived in Canada. Anyone went through this?

Thank you.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glaucoma is not a sufficient impairment nor a contagious disease to prevent admission to Canada.

richard1234 said:
Hi Guys,
I am a query regarding medical. I have a "Glaucoma" on my eyes and I am under treatment. I am taking drops. Is it a problem for medical test? It was discovered last year after I arrived in Canada. Anyone went through this?

Thank you.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not a problem at all, although he will get the same rejection letter that you will get from the US border agents if crossing by car.

When your friend meets the Canadian official, he/she will just be re-admitted as a student with his multiple entry and VALID student visa.

One more thing, your friend doesn't need to meet any US agents if crossing the bridge on foot because your friend will not become a permanent resident upon returning to Canada. Only people with Immigrant Visas must meet a US official in order to become a PR in Canada.

Your friend can perfectly wait for you in the middle of the bridge or at the Duty Free Boutique (if crossing on foot via the Rainbow bridge). If crossing by car then your friend will have to get the same rejection from the US because there is no way your friend can get off the car before entering the US booth and wait for you when you come back through the other lane.

arian_arian said:
Has anyone ever gone for landing with a friend who is not a permanent resident nor a citizen. (Just a friend who is a international student to accompany you)? Is that gonna be a problem for the person?

Thanks,

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
I think we should ask about any activity in CPC-Ottawa to make sure that they are working.
PER, MR, Document request, RPRF, PPR ... ;D

Saph said:
Any PPR yet? :eek: :'(

almiar

Feb 20, 2015
Hi dear friends,
I know that my question is not related to this forum but all of us are student and you may help me. :D

I applied for my study permit and my wife's work permit extension last day of Feb 2015. MyCIC account has not been updated yet. ??? :'(
My previous study permit was issued in less than 10 days.

Have you extended your study and/or work permits recently (after Jan 2015)?
How long does it take?

The CIC website (Processing times: Temporary Residence) mentioned that it would takes about 68 days for online application inside Canada.
Is this normal?

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
almiar said:
Hi dear friends,
I know that my question is not related to this forum but all of us are student and you may help me. :D

I applied for my study permit and my wife's work permit extension last day of Feb 2015. MyCIC account has not been updated yet. ??? :'(

How long does it take?

The CIC website (Processing times: Temporary Residence) mentioned that it would takes about 68 days for online application inside Canada.
Is this normal?
These days, this is normal. Your study permit and your wife's work permit both come at the same time. You will receive an email from CIC once they finalize the decision. Didn't you apply online? If so, your CIC login should be activated.

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
almiar said:
Hi dear friends,

How long does it take?

Is this normal?
Hi..........you do not need to get panic. As long as you applied before the expiry of ur existing study/work permit u r safe. Processing time varies time to time, applicant to applicant or even officer to officer. I remember once my study permit application was approved in 6 days and last time it took 42 days. So it is very normal. Also note that, once u have submitted ur application and during processing ur application if ur status expire ......u r still living in Canada legally in impaired status. So don't get panic.u can continue work/study with ur exsisting status until u get a decision from ur submitted application.

almiar

Feb 20, 2015
Thanks richard1234
Yes I did it online.

richard1234 said:
These days, this is normal. Your study permit and your wife's work permit both come at the same time. You will receive an email from CIC once they finalize the decision. Didn't you apply online? If so, your CIC login should be activated.

almiar

Feb 20, 2015
Thanks Adamant, I hope to get them soon.

Adamant said:
Hi..........you do not need to get panic. As long as you applied before the expiry of ur existing study/work permit u r safe. Processing time varies time to time, applicant to applicant or even officer to officer. I remember once my study permit application was approved in 6 days and last time it took 42 days. So it is very normal. Also note that, once u have submitted ur application and during processing ur application if ur status expire ......u r still living in Canada legally in impaired status. So don't get panic.u can continue work/study with ur exsisting status until u get a decision from ur submitted application.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PhD2014 said:
I think we should ask about any activity in CPC-Ottawa to make sure that they are working.
PER, MR, Document request, RPRF, PPR ... ;D
It looks that CPC-Ottawa has forgotten to issue any more MR or RPRF requests for PhD stream applicants! :'(

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
richard1234 said:
There were few activities last week..... Hope they issue something this week.
I saw a Sep 2nd applicant who got PER Dec 7th and got MR today. Maybe they are returning to the forgotten applications including ours. Or maybe just like this Sep2nd applicant we have to wait for one more month to see some updates :-\ :eek: :'(

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
Farahnaz, Thank you for this good news :D ;D
I hope all of us get it soooooon

farahnz said:
I saw a Sep 2nd applicant who got PER Dec 7th and got MR today. Maybe they are returning to the forgotten applications including ours. Or maybe just like this Sep2nd applicant we have to wait for one more month to see some updates :-\ :eek: :'(