+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I forgot to thank m.samy for the amazing tutorial you gave me about how to land properly and for letting me know that I should bring cash (something I never carry with me), otherwise I would still be in the USA side, lol. You must pay 3.75 canadian cash to leave the USA.

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
Thanks again...What does CoPR mean?

And sorry i did not get what do you meant to "All requested documents before landing are listed, no other docs different to PCC were requested"? do u mean only Police clearance check (PCC) will be requested or ? Original PCC will be with them... isn't it?

do they ask for all originals of experience letters , birth certificate and other documents ?

pepe84 said:
Thank you to all of you guys. I will give more details while you ask. Yes, they just asked me in the Canadian side for: Passport, CoPR and proof of fund. I brought an updated bank statement and they were happy with it, no further questions until I was asked to sign the CoPR and leave the building.

In the Canadian booth, they did ask me lots of stupid questions. Did you leave Canada? How much money are you bringing? Do you own any valuable property in your home country? Do you have someone hidden in your car? Whats your current status in Canada? Where do you live in Canada? Then, the officer asked me to enter, park and go inside the building yo proceed with the paperwork.

All requested documents before landing are listed, no other docs different to PCC were requested.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted all these documents except my police certificates (PCC) with my application. They requested PCC later. I provided original reference letters, but you can send copies though. Birth and marriage certificates were provided as certified true copies with certified translations.

CoPR is the confirmation of permanent redidence that they send together with an immigrant visa.

DEC14 said:
Thanks again...What does CoPR mean?

And sorry i did not get what do you meant to "All requested documents before landing are listed, no other docs different to PCC were requested"? do u mean only Police clearance check (PCC) will be requested or ? Original PCC will be with them... isn't it?

do they ask for all originals of experience letters , birth certificate and other documents ?

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
Thanks a lot..appreciated..

Cheers!!!

pepe84 said:
I submitted all these documents except my police certificates (PCC) with my application. They requested PCC later. I provided original reference letters, but you can send copies though. Birth and marriage certificates were provided as certified true copies with certified translations.

CoPR is the confirmation of permanent redidence that they send together with an immigrant visa.

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thank you to all of you guys. I will give more details while you ask. Yes, they just asked me in the Canadian side for: Passport, CoPR and proof of fund. I brought an updated bank statement and they were happy with it, no further questions until I was asked to sign the CoPR and leave the building.

In the Canadian booth, they did ask me lots of stupid questions. Did you leave Canada? How much money are you bringing? Do you own any valuable property in your home country? Do you have someone hidden in your car? Whats your current status in Canada? Where do you live in Canada? Then, the officer asked me to enter, park and go inside the building yo proceed with the paperwork.

All requested documents before landing are listed, no other docs different to PCC were requested.
What are the documents required for processing the landing? Where can I find it ?

Eagle2014

Nov 2, 2014
Hi all,

I have applied for PR under PhD stream, and encashed 10 days ago. I found in the forum that they did not accept birth certificate translation from some places. I did translation in regional municipality of the city I am living here in Canada. Now I am a bit stressful CIC will reject m bcz of that. Is there any experience about this?
If it makes me problem, is there any chance to send them the translation I have got from my country recently?
Thanks

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Eagle2014 said:
Hi all,

I have applied for PR under PhD stream, and encashed 10 days ago. I found in the forum that they did not accept birth certificate translation from some places. I did translation in regional municipality of the city I am living here in Canada. Now I am a bit stressful CIC will reject m bcz of that. Is there any experience about this?
If it makes me problem, is there any chance to send them the translation I have got from my country recently?
Thanks
The fact that yr CC was charged means that your application passed the completeness check, which in turn means that all your documents are in order. Don't worry about it.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Dear friends,

I just did my crazy landing today at Rainbow bridge, Niagara Falls. All went very easy. Just one thing, I asked TWICE in the US side if that refusal will affect any Visa application in the future and they said NO, you will not even be in our records so no declare this at all.

My timeline can finally be published and please include me in the tracker:

Application sent: June 06 2014
Application received: June 09 2014
CC charged: Sept 25 2014
PER: Oct 06 2014
File transferred: Oct 14 2014
Visa Office: CPC Ottawa
PCC request: Nov 03 2014
RPRF request: Nov 03 2014
Medical request: Nov 04 2014
Medicals done: Nov 14 2014 (eCAS updated on that day)
Passport request: Jan 12 2015
Passport sent: Jan 13 2015
Passport returned: Jan 28 2015
Visa issued: Jan 21 2015
CoPR issued: Jan 21 2015
Landed: Jan 28 2015
NOC category: PhD stream
Work experience: 4.5 years in NOC 2121 and NOC 4012
IELTS: 7.0
Total points: 77 (granted by CPC Ottawa according to GCMS)
Number of people: 2
Country of nationality: Cuba

I promise to be in the forum for a long time!!!!!
So happy for you Pepe. I hope it happens soon for me to. +1 for your all efforts you made to help others.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:

Hi Pepe

How much do we need to have in our bank account as a proof of fund?

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
Eagle2014 said:
Hi all,

Thanks

Congrats on being charged. Being charged implies that the documents submitted are indeed enough to continue the processing.

When did your application reach CIO if you don't mind me asking?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks viva2014, I will keep helping you and others until the end for sure.

Viva2014 said:
So happy for you Pepe. I hope it happens soon for me to. +1 for your all efforts you made to help others.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will get a letter from CPC-Ottawa together with your CoPR and immigrant visa explaining what documents you need to bring for landing. But anyhow, all you need is the refusal from the USA (in case you don't have US Visa), or a stamp from the US to prove you entered another country, bank statement OR employment letter, passport and CoPR.

They also asked me for a proof of address and I gave them my drivers' license. I guess you can tell them your address in case you don't have a proof of address or bring any Canada Revenue letter or government letter showing your address

ichina said:
What are the documents required for processing the landing? Where can I find it ?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with zorroo, if your letters are fine and describe all duties, salaries, hours and work periods, do not update them. This may confuse the Visa officer. Please make the Visa Officers as happy as you can, never confuse them or bother them.

Keep ordering GCMS notes to track your file, it doesn't impact your application at all. I have ordered 6 in a period of 3 months LOL, and nothing happened to me :D

zorroo said:
My point is that if your letter has all necessary information based on the NOC, why you should do that? Considering the fact that these days CPC Ottawa normally approves the eligibility evaluation of CIO. What is missing in your previous letter which you gonna address now?