15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Congratulation +1......

pepe84 said:
Dear friends,

I just did my crazy landing today at Rainbow bridge, Niagara Falls. All went very easy. Just one thing, I asked TWICE in the US side if that refusal will affect any Visa application in the future and they said NO, you will not even be in our records so no declare this at all.

My timeline can finally be published and please include me in the tracker:

Application sent: June 06 2014
Application received: June 09 2014
CC charged: Sept 25 2014
PER: Oct 06 2014
File transferred: Oct 14 2014
Visa Office: CPC Ottawa
PCC request: Nov 03 2014
RPRF request: Nov 03 2014
Medical request: Nov 04 2014
Medicals done: Nov 14 2014 (eCAS updated on that day)
Passport request: Jan 12 2015
Passport sent: Jan 13 2015
Passport returned: Jan 28 2015
Visa issued: Jan 21 2015
CoPR issued: Jan 21 2015
Landed: Jan 28 2015
NOC category: PhD stream
Work experience: 4.5 years in NOC 2121 and NOC 4012
IELTS: 7.0
Total points: 77 (granted by CPC Ottawa according to GCMS)
Number of people: 2
Country of nationality: Cuba

I promise to be in the forum for a long time!!!!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was that the amount you sent to CPC Ottawa? If it was, they may ask you for more because the minimum is 12K or 11 something.

If you are asking for landing purposes only, I am not too sure. But the immigration officer at the border carefully revised my bank statements "very carefully" and I actually gave him two bank statements (TFSA and chequing account), guess what he did? He took a calculator and summed both amounts up LOL. Even with one statement we had enough for two people but he wanted to know what we had in total (I am not sure why).

Saph said:
Do you think for a single person 8K will be ok?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:
Was that the amount you sent to CPC Ottawa? If it was, they may ask you for more because the minimum is 12K or 11 something.

If you are asking for landing purposes only, I am not too sure. But the immigration officer at the border carefully revised my bank statements "very carefully" and I actually gave him two bank statements (TFSA and chequing account), guess what he did? He took a calculator and summed both amounts up LOL. Even with one statement we had enough for two people but he wanted to know what we had in total (I am not sure why).
OMG :-( I have just 9k in my account now

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
pepe84 said:

Thats insane. They even tried to take ur skin out during landing? I never realize they will look at the statements such carefully. One of my friend said he was asked to show the proof of funding and all he showed a letter from his bank which shows the current balance, thats all. But its good to know that these days they might ask for the statements. Thankfully I still keep the threshold limit in my account. Thanks again pepe to share ur experience.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if you provide a letter from the bank showing the closing balance, you still need to meet the minimum requirement.

I showed him two statements but I am sure one of the two would have been enough. The immigration officer never asked us any questions but he scared us though. just the CBSA agent from the booth asked many stupid questions, like if someone was hidden in the car (I wanted to say: come on we just left CANADA few min ago, and never went into the USA, unless someone jumped from the falls to the bridge and got into my car, lol) I never said that.

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
pepe84 said:
Even if you provide a letter from the bank showing the closing balance, you still need to meet the minimum requirement.

I showed him two statements but I am sure one of the two would have been enough. The immigration officer never asked us any questions but he scared us though. just the CBSA agent from the booth asked many stupid questions, like if someone was hidden in the car (I wanted to say: come on we just left CANADA few min ago, and never went into the USA, unless someone jumped from the falls to the bridge and got into my car, lol) I never said that.
hahaha, thats so funny indeed. But glad that everything went smoothly and thankfully u were prepared accordingly. My medical reports was OK and uploaded, u remember I was bit panic of having type-2 diabetic but according to the doctors these days this is very common but not a serious issue.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:

Do they need to see "6 month statement" report?

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
pepe84 said:
You will get a letter from CPC-Ottawa together with your CoPR and immigrant visa explaining what documents you need to bring for landing. But anyhow, all you need is the refusal from the USA (in case you don't have US Visa), or a stamp from the US to prove you entered another country, bank statement OR employment letter, passport and CoPR.

They also asked me for a proof of address and I gave them my drivers' license. I guess you can tell them your address in case you don't have a proof of address or bring any Canada Revenue letter or government letter showing your address
Thanks for the information. I will have everything ready.

bukharig8

Jul 26, 2012
Hi,

I have posted my case here a week ago
=== In short ====
I applied under FSW PhD stream in November 2014 but cic returned my application by saying its incomplete (They stamped the date of receiving on my application). They did mistake in counting the number of hours. I again have sent my application package back with explanation letter. From this forum, I am looking for two things.

1- A case similar to mine (So that I can discuss the future possibilities)

2- Any expert opinion whether cic will reconsider my application or not as EE 2015 have been initiated
In my view, it was the administrative mistake, They did not count my working hours properly.

Waiting for replies. Thanks

======== Friends on this board have suggested me to contact with MP office. I shared with documents with MP office and after reviewing they have sent me this reply ==============
I just reviewed the documents you sent particularly the letter received by you from CIC dated 7 January 2015. If I did this right, I did also figure your hours out to be 1760 hours worked part-time during the past two years. Having said this, I am not an expert on Immigration matters, and it would seem to be that we should wait for a response to your second attempt before we move forward if we are able to do so. Normally, MPs do not intervene in decisions made by the different federal agencies and federal government departments.

Please let me know as soon as you find out the response to your letter dated 19 January, 2015, to CIC. While your letter for reconsideration is pending, we are not able to request an update from CIC as there is no reference for us to use. It could be sitting in the mailroom awaiting action for example.

Please keep in touch with me and let me know as soon as you hear from CIC.

======== My question is, what should I do now , just wait or to approach someone else Thanks =============

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:

Hey Pepe,

what was your category in you last GCMS notes?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:

I do not get what are the category and Group# in my GCMS notes? any idea? thank for your help :)

Dittmar

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Nomination.....
18-11-2014
Med's Request
16-12-2014 (medical results uploaded Jan 7th)
Med's Done....
20-01-2015 (3rd line)
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
11-04-2015
meg2005 said:
JUST GOT PPR. MAY 29/2014 APPLICANT
Hi meg2005. Hope is everything great with you and that you had got your Visa stamped already. Could you please be kind and update the spreadsheet for us? We would really appreciate it. Thanks!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you mean by category? have you got yours lately? The only category I have is PhD stream and it should be the same as yours.

Saph said:
I do not get what are the category and Group# in my GCMS notes? any idea? thank for your help :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No at all, just the closing balance of your statement. So make a deposit and bring your closing balance up to 11K or 12K, LOL. But don't show that deposit in the statement.

Saph said:
Do they need to see "6 month statement" report?