+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think they will send the PR cards separately although better ask other members in the forum who are married and got their PR cards already.

If that's the case, you may want to update your wife's address at the port of entry (when landing). Do not email Ottawa now and let them work with your passport stamps to avoid delays.

pyzdfr said:
We have moved to a new place a few months ago and I changed my address through ecas. Now, I received my GCMS notes which shows that my address has been changed but my wife's is still the old one. Since, I have already sent our passports to ottawa, what should I do? Should I wait until I get them back and let officer now during landing? Or I should call CIC call centre and ask them to change it?

As for my wife as the dependent, I think the only problem with wrong address is that she might not receive her PR card. Since the PR card application will automatically be initiated when I land, don't you think that I might be better wait until landing?

Thanks in advance

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Dark_Diamond said:
I do not think so. My country is as same as yours and I had the same issue. I have not been asked for PCC yet. If they need it they will probably ask when they send you medical request email.
Thanks Dark_Diamond for the reply, I hope they accept my pcc too. Cheers

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Hi

Any PPR today, Its Friday but no PPR today last week there was shower of PPR but nothing so far... :(

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
I changed my Passport and I want to send a new copy of that to CIC. My wife also quit her previous job and she is working in a new position.

pepe84 said:
What would you like to update? Has your family composition changed? or would you like to send new reference letters?

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Guys, I re sent my application on 5th December and still no sign of cc charged. Do you thing its a good idea to open up an account in EE in case if they return again?

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
They will charge you after about 2 months.

f1ahmed said:
Guys, I re sent my application on 5th December and still no sign of cc charged. Do you thing its a good idea to open up an account in EE in case if they return again?

itsvafa

Nov 10, 2014
f1ahmed said:
I think you are rushing it. I am November applicant and just got charged yesterday

PR_2014

Jan 16, 2015
Hi Folks,

A quick question! My wife has recently started to do an internship (Co-op). Do we need to let CPC-O know about this though she is not the main applicant? We have already received PER. Thanks.

itsvafa

Nov 10, 2014
Friends, I have a question about drivers license. I know it is irrelevant to this forum but I`m asking here because many of you are or have been international students. My home country license expired and I want to get a Canadian license instead of renewing home country. My question is:

Does it make a difference to get driver`s license on a student visa or pr visa? In other words, does the driver`s license expire for the students based on the expiry date of study permit or student visa?
Do you recommend that I wait for the result of my pr application and then apply for driver`s license, or do I apply now?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What was the main reason of changing your passport? If the old passport was lost or stolen, you must inform Case Processing Center immediately.

If you have just renewed your passport due to an expired one, wait until you are asked to submit a new passport copy. CPC-Ottawa will ask you for a new passport if when they are going to finalize your application they realize that the old passport will expire soon (in six months or less).

No need to update your wife's new job if she is not the principal applicant.

PhD2014 said:
I changed my Passport and I want to send a new copy of that to CIC. My wife also quit her previous job and she is working in a new position.

itsvafa

Nov 10, 2014
itsvafa said:
Friends, I have a question about drivers license. I know it is irrelevant to this forum but I`m asking here because many of you are or have been international students. My home country license expired and I want to get a Canadian license instead of renewing home country. My question is:

Does it make a difference to get driver`s license on a student visa or pr visa? In other words, does the driver`s license expire for the students based on the expiry date of study permit or student visa?
Do you recommend that I wait for the result of my pr application and then apply for driver`s license, or do I apply now?
Pepe, do you have any opinion on my question, Thanks

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What province are you in? Please ask members of your province only as drivers licenses are managed by provincial government authorities and not federal government.

If in Ontario, no need to worry at all. Either PR or Student Visa, your driver license will have the same expiry date (5 years for G2 and longer for full G).

itsvafa said:

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the queue for visa print out has dramatically increased due to many PPR showers during the last two weeks, CPC Ottawa may want to send out all passports before continuing with PPR showers (it's just a theory, nothing official)

blackrock said:
Hi

Any PPR today, Its Friday but no PPR today last week there was shower of PPR but nothing so far... :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My passport was received by CPC Ottawa yesterday and was signed by MS BENNETTE. Has any one got the same signature?