11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
misseliza said:
It was super nervewracking! I was sitting like 6 feet away from the door to the room where he was being interviewed and sitting there not being able to do anything or have control over anything was terrible!!! But he also had nothing to hide so the interview went very well. My husband was called for an interview because of his previous marriage- it had raised a red flag. We were completely expecting him to be called for an interview though, so at least we were prepared in that sense! I think it would be worse if you were expecting not to have one and then boom you get called for one!! If you've lived together almost all of your relationship I can't see that turning into an interview scenario, but you never know with those Visa Officers!!

I had a mini (OK not so mini) breakdown when we got outside after the interview. Like you said, you feel like your future is in someone else's hands and that is a horrible feeling.

glad everything went well for you guys!
how is he adjusting to life in Canada?

misseliza

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2014
File Transfer...
7-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
14-May-2014
Interview........
26-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2014
VISA ISSUED...
5-Jan-2015
He's adjusted quite well! He found work within a month of getting here and is enjoying making a decent hourly wage :) He prefers "cold weather" so he did ok in the winter, although next winter I don't know if it will be the same story! He's made some friends and is currently studying to get his drivers license here. There was SO much to do for him when he first got here and it was a bit overwhelming- but I just made really organized lists! He still doesn't understand some customs and "ways of doing things" here but it will come with time! He had excellent English coming here but I've noticed a huge difference even after him only being here for 3 months.

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
misseliza said:
He's adjusted quite well! He found work within a month of getting here and is enjoying making a decent hourly wage :) He prefers "cold weather" so he did ok in the winter, although next winter I don't know if it will be the same story! He's made some friends and is currently studying to get his drivers license here. There was SO much to do for him when he first got here and it was a bit overwhelming- but I just made really organized lists! He still doesn't understand some customs and "ways of doing things" here but it will come with time! He had excellent English coming here but I've noticed a huge difference even after him only being here for 3 months.
that's amazing!

M3st

Apr 20, 2015
Hi

I'm from dominican republic and my wife is from toronto we are going to apply for the sponsorship pr,,we have been together for 1 year and she has visited me 3 times and the last time we get married,we met online in dating website,we have proofs the our relationship is real such like,flight tickets,hotel reservations,wedding pictures,skype video chat,whatsapp conversation,emails,money receipts,etc she has a daughter and she came here with her we have pictures together and all that,she has pictures with my friends and family and I have pictures of her mom in our wedding,I apply for a trv 2 months ago but it was denied because I was trying to visit her for her birthday,what do you guys think of how everything looks like for us and what do you think we should do and what do you time is going to take us to be together?? Please I need help im new in all this we don't know what to do

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
M3st said:
Hi

I'm from dominican republic and my wife is from toronto we are going to apply for the sponsorship pr,,we have been together for 1 year and she has visited me 3 times and the last time we get married,we met online in dating website,we have proofs the our relationship is real such like,flight tickets,hotel reservations,wedding pictures,skype video chat,whatsapp conversation,emails,money receipts,etc she has a daughter and she came here with her we have pictures together and all that,she has pictures with my friends and family and I have pictures of her mom in our wedding,I apply for a trv 2 months ago but it was denied because I was trying to visit her for her birthday,what do you guys think of how everything looks like for us and what do you think we should do and what do you time is going to take us to be together?? Please I need help im new in all this we don't know what to do
With those proofs that you listed, it sounds like everything should be ok. The visa officer may see the fact that you have only physically been together 3 times as a red flag, as it is not much, but that is not anything that cant be overcome. Also, since you have only been together for 1 year, that is also not a long time, however there have been many couples in similar situations and they were approved.

Perhaps you can get some of her family/ friends and your family/friends to write a letter of approval of your relationship, and how they have seen it develop to the point of marriage. Also, if your wife can visit you again, that will be better, especially if you have only been together for one week at a time at resorts.

Make sure your answers to questions, especially about the development of you relationship, are detailed, so the visa officer can see how your relationship evolved.

You may be called for an interview if the visa officer has some questions due to the short duration of your relationship, but at the end of the day, you shouldn't have trouble being approved, as long as your very forthcoming and have the support of your/ her family and friends. Good luck!

misseliza

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2014
File Transfer...
7-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
14-May-2014
Interview........
26-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2014
VISA ISSUED...
5-Jan-2015
M3st said:
Hi

Hi and welcome!

The best advice I can give you is to provide AS MUCH PROOF OF POSSIBLE to back up your relationship. Everything you mentioned in your post (pictures, tickets, receipts, etc.) should absolutely be sent in with your application package. I would also advise you to submit support letters from your friends and families, if possible, and include those in the package as well. Make sure you do your medical test up front and pay all of the fees in advance; this should help speed up your processing time.

Think quality over quantity when sending in photos, letters, convos, etc. Ultimately you have to satisfy the Visa Officer that your relationship is bona fide (genuine). In terms of processing times, right now it's taking approximately 2 months to process Step 1 (sponsorship approval), and then once the package gets sent to Santo Domingo (provided Sponsorship is approved), it's hard to say how long it will take because every case is different. From my own and others experience, once it reaches Santo Domingo I've seen it take anywhere from 2 months to a year to be approved. If you are required to attend an interview, this may add on extra time.

Good luck with the process and let us know if you have any specific concerns or questions about the process. There's also a Facebook group called Dominicano Spouses which many people find very helpful.

:)

M3st

Apr 20, 2015
The first time she came here we spend 10 days together,the second one we spend 7 days together and the last one 7 days again,her family and friends approved the relationship and my family too,do you think I can print screenshots of the skype video calls duration?and do you think is a good Idea to pay all the fees together? Do you think the fact the my visa was denied that is going to be a problem for us?there is a part that says the I need to provided medical exam that's only for me right? I mean that doesn't include my parents or brothers?and like I say before we have so many proofs like pictures of the wedding,the day we got engaged too and that's not going to be a problem for us get some letters from our family and friends'sorry for all the questions but i am very thankful with you help 8) and yes I send a invitation to the group on fb i'm just waiting for the approved Lol

LaLa320

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
09-06-15
AOR Received.
SA received, Dec. 11, 2014, AOR, Dec. 18, 2014
File Transfer...
Dec. 11, 2014
Med's Request
Med's sent in with app, requested again 09-06-15
Med's Done....
May 20, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-15
M3st said:
The first time she came here we spend 10 days together,the second one we spend 7 days together and the last one 7 days again,her family and friends approved the relationship and my family too,do you think I can print screenshots of the skype video calls duration?and do you think is a good Idea to pay all the fees together? Do you think the fact the my visa was denied that is going to be a problem for us?there is a part that says the I need to provided medical exam that's only for me right? I mean that doesn't include my parents or brothers?and like I say before we have so many proofs like pictures of the wedding,the day we got engaged too and that's not going to be a problem for us get some letters from our family and friends'sorry for all the questions but i am very thankful with you help 8) and yes I send a invitation to the group on fb i'm just waiting for the approved Lol
A one year relationship may raise some red flags and you are more than likely to go through an interview since you have only physically seen each other 24 days out of the entire year, but like Tink23 and misseliza mentioned you should not have a problem being approved, you will just go through a nerve-racking and stressful process.

I would definitely recommend you pay all the fees together in order to avoid processing delays. Your denied TVR will not have a negative impact on your PR application. And you only need submit medicals for yourself and any dependents you have whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We're all here to support each other through this process.

Good luck with your application

M3st

Apr 20, 2015
Thank soo much to all of you :D yes i think I will be prepared for an interview and I know things will work fine because we don't have nothing to hide and I know the process can be long if we don't fill the papers properly or give all the documents they need some other tip you guys think might be help please tell me about it,btw i saw somebody ask if everyone is from punta cana or puerto plata no not everyone i'm from santo domingo Lol

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
M3st said:
Thank soo much to all of you :D yes i think I will be prepared for an interview and I know things will work fine because we don't have nothing to hide and I know the process can be long if we don't fill the papers properly or give all the documents they need some other tip you guys think might be help please tell me about it,btw i saw somebody ask if everyone is from punta cana or puerto plata no not everyone i'm from santo domingo Lol

that was me! yay for Santo Domingo! where in Santo Domingo?

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
M3st said:
Lol,zona oriental really close to megacentro :)
my husband lives in Quisqueya

M3st

Apr 20, 2015
Nicee ;),so guys a last minute advice before I submitt my application?? Please anything can help

lexDR

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Passport Req..
17/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
25/01/2016
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
- Double and triple check everything. Make sure you don't have any missing signatures.
- Don't stress, everything will happen when it's suppose to. Don't check the website daily for updates, you'll go crazy.
- and get in line with the rest of us who applied recently ;D

Good luck!!!!

LexDR

lexDR

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Passport Req..
17/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
25/01/2016
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
oh, add yourself to this list too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit?pli=1#gid=658388151