Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated forms Request.: 2-May-2015 -- Submitted on 12-May-2015 -- Passport copy and recent pictures submission requested on 25-Nov-2016 -- Submitted 30-Nov-2016
Nomination.....
N/R
AOR Received.
26-04-2014
IELTS Request
N/R
File Transfer...
26-04-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015 (I didn’t do upfront medical) Status changed to "In-Process" on 11-2-2015 -- RE-MED REQ. 10-May-2016
Med's Done....
25-2-2015 -- RE-MED DONE: 12-May-2016
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulillah)
Passport Req..
20-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdulillah received passport with visa and COPR on 7-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
InshahAllah in March-2017
Mrschino said:
Ended up that DHL started bugging immigration until they said it was ready for pick up. Took three weeks from prepay waybill
Hi Mrschino,

Do you have any idea about the difference between Routine Background checks and background security checks.!!

Previously, MP advised that my file was under routine background checks and now after re-medical, MP advised that our file is under background security checks.

Any idea?? Thank you

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
Mrschino said:
Ended up that DHL started bugging immigration until they said it was ready for pick up. Took three weeks from prepay waybill
How can you bug immigration when they only have email for contacting?
DHL never sent a prepaid waybill. They did for you?

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
paknew said:
Hi Mrschino,

Do you have any idea about the difference between Routine Background checks and background security checks.!!

Previously, MP advised that my file was under routine background checks and now after re-medical, MP advised that our file is under background security checks.

Any idea?? Thank you
I would think the background checks would be about the applicants life, relationship info, work info, etc. Security checks would be confirming they are still eligible and not committed any sort of crime since applying?? I'm not 100% sure, but it takes about 4-6 weeks after remedical request to get the passport request.

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
fradan said:
How can you bug immigration when they only have email for contacting?
DHL never sent a prepaid waybill. They did for you?
Mexico emailed us asking for a prepaid waybill the day after they received the package (makes you wonder why Dhl can't just type it up to begin with...this way really doesn't save any time). We called Dhl because my husband was a two hour drive from santo Domingo office, they allowed us via email to sign off on the prepay, saying we will pay when we pick up the passport (5300 pesos!!!!!!)

They copied us in emails between santo Domingo Dhl office and Mexico Dhl office, discussing pick up. They waited one week and never got called from immigration about the passport, they waited another week... Still nothing, so then they started emailing about the passport pick up.. No response..not surprising, they started stopping every day and asking, phoning about it...

They tried to tell us the they will only ask for the waybill when your passport has been stamped and it's ready to go, obviously the package is incomplete and they move you to the bottom of the pile. A friend of mine sent the passports of her husband from within Canada, to Mexico using fedex and she recieved everything back within a week., Dhl was the only courier who would allow sending passports and it ended up costing over 8000 pesos to send and return it. I honestly wouldn't recommend using them, unless it is a last resort. After it was sent, I found out you could send via the consulate in santo Domingo for 2000 pesos!! Wish I had asked earlier! Needless to say, the package was returned in less than 24 hours once it was shipped.

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
Mrschino said:
Mexico emailed us asking for a prepaid waybill the day after they received the package (makes you wonder why Dhl can't just type it up to begin with...this way really doesn't save any time). We called Dhl because my husband was a two hour drive from santo Domingo office, they allowed us via email to sign off on the prepay, saying we will pay when we pick up the passport (5300 pesos!!!!!!)

They copied us in emails between santo Domingo Dhl office and Mexico Dhl office, discussing pick up. They waited one week and never got called from immigration about the passport, they waited another week... Still nothing, so then they started emailing about the passport pick up.. No response..not surprising, they started stopping every day and asking, phoning about it...

They tried to tell us the they will only ask for the waybill when your passport has been stamped and it's ready to go, obviously the package is incomplete and they move you to the bottom of the pile. A friend of mine sent the passports of her husband from within Canada, to Mexico using fedex and she recieved everything back within a week., Dhl was the only courier who would allow sending passports and it ended up costing over 8000 pesos to send and return it. I honestly wouldn't recommend using them, unless it is a last resort. After it was sent, I found out you could send via the consulate in santo Domingo for 2000 pesos!! Wish I had asked earlier! Needless to say, the package was returned in less than 24 hours once it was shipped.
So it really isn't prepaid because nothing was pay for in advance and immigration never received a prepaid waybill.
I not paying DHL a dime if they can't deliver.
I'm thinking of calling the embassy in the DR and seeing if the can get it delivered.

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
fradan said:
So it really isn't prepaid because nothing was pay for in advance and immigration never received a prepaid waybill.
I'm thinking of calling the embassy in the DR and seeing if the can get it delivered.
contact the VAC in Santo Domingo. they say they only send passports for visitor visas, but I know some people used them to send the passport for PR too.
It is 2561 for the passport to be sent to Mexico and back again to Santo Domingo

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
fradan said:
If you go to santo Domingo, you can pay in advance and they send an email with the waybill to immigration. We didn't want to waste more time and money to rent a car and drive to santo Domingo, so we filled out a paper and scanned it back to Dhl agreeing to pay. I wonder if they will allow you to switch couriers back? Even trying fedex and emailing them a waybill for you? That would save you a lot of time. I can say I will never use Dhl again, it's ridiculous the amount of money they charged because they know nobody else will send a passport

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
Thanks for the replies.
I have to try something Monday.
Will keep you all updated.
Hopefully we can make it easier for others.

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
I thought the local DHL had told me Monday morning that they were going to pick it up but it turns out the guy is useless and wasted my time Monday. Status same old nothing.

Today I made some calls
  • 1st to the embassy in Santo Domingo. Followed prompts until hold for operator. The guy at the other end said that he couldn't do anything and if he escalated the call to his superiors he would get in trouble. So I left it at that.
  • 2nd to CVAC where customer service couldn't do anything since the application wasn't initiated there but that they might offer a service in the future.
  • 3rd to the embassy in Mexico. Could only get a voice mail and left a message knowing that they will never return my call
  • 4th to FedEx customer service in Canada and asked if there are any issues for delivering a passport from Mexico to DR and was told no not according to their system.

Last week I found a company next to the FedEx office that would allow me to use their account number.
So I help her compose an email with the pertinent data and then emailed Mexico from her email account.
Then I sent an email from my account to further explain what was done.

At the moment I wait and see what happens.

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
fradan said:
I thought the local DHL had told me Monday morning that they were going to pick it up but it turns out the guy is useless and wasted my time Monday. Status same old nothing.

Today I made some calls
  • 1st to the embassy in Santo Domingo. Followed prompts until hold for operator. The guy at the other end said that he couldn't do anything and if he escalated the call to his superiors he would get in trouble. So I left it at that.
  • 2nd to CVAC where customer service couldn't do anything since the application wasn't initiated there but that they might offer a service in the future.
  • 3rd to the embassy in Mexico. Could only get a voice mail and left a message knowing that they will never return my call
  • 4th to FedEx customer service in Canada and asked if there are any issues for delivering a passport from Mexico to DR and was told no not according to their system.

Last week I found a company next to the FedEx office that would allow me to use their account number.
So I help her compose an email with the pertinent data and then emailed Mexico from her email account.
Then I sent an email from my account to further explain what was done.

At the moment I wait and see what happens.
sorry you are having this problem! nothing seems to be easy with this process.
I think they should change the way passports are sent to and from Mexico

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
sb414 said:
sorry you are having this problem! nothing seems to be easy with this process.
I think they should change the way passports are sent to and from Mexico
Thanks
Hopefully by sharing our problems it will make it easier for the others

When this is all done I would like to get them an earful
http://www1.canada.ca/en/contact/questions.html
and
MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
and
mxico@international.gc.ca

If we all do it maybe they will listen

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
fradan said:
Thanks
Hopefully by sharing our problems it will make it easier for the others

When this is all done I would like to get them an earful
http://www1.canada.ca/en/contact/questions.html
and
MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
and
mxico@international.gc.ca

If we all do it maybe they will listen
I think because Dhl wouldn't allow prepay, we all get moved to the bottom of the pile to be finalized. It was exactly 3 weeks after the embassy received our waybill that it got sent back.

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
Mrschino said:
I think because Dhl wouldn't allow prepay, we all get moved to the bottom of the pile to be finalized. It was exactly 3 weeks after the embassy received our waybill that it got sent back.
Yes if I didn't listen to DHL and sent it with another service that offer prepaid then I would have had the passport by now

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
I check "Client Application Status" almost every week out of curiosity mostly.

It finally change from processing to decision made for "Permanent Residence Application Status"

They hardly every entered anything
  • We received applicant's application for permanent residence on January 30, 2015.
  • We started processing applicant's application on June 3, 2015.
  • Medical results have been received.

I think this thing is useless. They should do such a better job with this

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
fradan said:
I check "Client Application Status" almost every week out of curiosity mostly.

It finally change from processing to decision made for "Permanent Residence Application Status"

They hardly every entered anything
  • We received applicant's application for permanent residence on January 30, 2015.
  • We started processing applicant's application on June 3, 2015.
  • Medical results have been received.

I think this thing is useless. They should do such a better job with this
ours changed to decision made right before his passport was sent back. I hope that means yours will be sent back now