+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mehdisk

Mar 31, 2017
Iran
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
29-5-2016
Doc's Request.
27-9-2016 : IMM5562
AOR Received.
01-6-2016
File Transfer...
28-7-2016 start process 10-08-2016
Med's Request
Generated Upfront 13-4-2016
Interview........
15-11-2016
Ahmelina23 said:
Hi!
You had your interview even before my husband and still nothing? :(
Did you ever order GCMS notes? And what's your country of origin if you don't mind me asking?

Officer who interviewed my husband said the same and that he should wait for the passport request. But it's been 3.5 months and no news yet. I'm going to my lawyer next week or MP to try and find out whether security been completed or not...
Hi ahmelina and the Gang !
No i didn't order GCMS and I am from Iran.
Sara joon I think your case didn't need to interview.
I'm 55 years old and this is my second marriage . This period may be prolonged because of our age and the second marriage?

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
mehdisk said:
I'm 55 years old and this is my second marriage . This period may be prolonged because of our age and the second marriage?
We are in a same situation as you mehdi Jan, I hope we get the visas before your medicals expires, my husbands medical will expire on may 25th.
I hope it works out for all of us

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Just curious, why we all got stuck? All of us can not make a mistake in our file. And those new changes they introduced in December, 2016 i think it should have been started in the new year.
Well, we have no choice -just wait.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Ladies my local MP had open house today. And i went to see him, not his assistant that usually very helpful, but the guy that seats in Ottawa. I managed to tell him that male applicant's from Ankara basically being discriminated. He was surprised to hear that. I said it's not only about my husband's case, other ladies from different country's having the same issues. I told him that visa offices need to have better communication with sponsors. He agreed with me. Let's see what will happened, but at least he heard me.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
mehdisk said:
You should definitely order the notes to see what's going on with your file. But since it's been so long after the interview, hopefully the process is almost over.

Let's all hope that this week will being us great news!

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl said:
Ladies my local MP had open house today. And i went to see him, not his assistant that usually very helpful, but the guy that seats in Ottawa. I managed to tell him that male applicant's from Ankara basically being discriminated. He was surprised to hear that. I said it's not only about my husband's case, other ladies from different country's having the same issues. I told him that visa offices need to have better communication with sponsors. He agreed with me. Let's see what will happened, but at least he heard me.
Very thoughtful of you, thank you for letting him know that all of us are still waiting for our husbands! Hopefully this will somehow impact Ankara to speed up!:)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hello Mona,

We provided form 3911e with the application on May 31st but they don't care and although it had all the travel info, they still asked for IMM5562 which was never mentioned in the application kit or specific application form for Ankara but now in the new process they have added it.

mona_momeni said:
There is a supplementary information form in the application guide 3911e for family sponsorship (Part3- country specific instruction). In this guide, there is different sections for different countries. So we checked Iran section and saw that this supplementary information form is required. It has 4 pages and includes tables to fill in travel history, military experience, government organization, etc. Although it is mentioned in the document checklist, it is very easy to miss! Good practice to include it in one package for new applicants.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I have an appointment to see the MP herself as well on April 19th. She belongs to conservatives. I am planning to tell her about all of us as well and to ask her to discuss with Ankara at least to give a visitor visa to husband to be able to meet their wife if the security check takes for ever. I was thinking we should connect our MPs together so that they can write a combined letter to Ankara. If you think that's a good idea send me your MP's name and I will mention that other MP's have similar constituents like me.

I think MPs, Minister, Prime minister don't know whats going on in Ankara and we should aware them.

I also thought to introduce this website to my MP and tell her it is good for political people to take a look at these types of websites to see what Canadians are going through.

manitobagirl said:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hello,

It is good you joined us, below is the list of people waiting, we will be 7 with you. 4 of us had no interview, 2 had interview like you. I don't think the waiting time is related to your age and second marriage. The interview was for checking your relationship and approve your eligibility but what is holding your case is probably security like most of us. The only way to know is to ask your wife to send the request for GCMS notes and to approach her MP if she lives in Canada. Did you do any military? Did they ask you anything about military in your interview?
There were two Iranians and one Turkish since May who got PR for husband. One of the Iranian cases has 2 years of military as well but still was approved in 2 months or so. We are not sure what is going on with our cases. I checked my GCMS notes with the person who got PR and the notes were done by SB10820 for both of us. In my case SB10820 asked for travel form and after that the case is transferred to GL and no news. But in Aylar's case SB10820 approved everything and gave Ok for PR. Smirio and Sara Joon have not ordered the notes yet and Khosro is waiting for 8 months processing time to be over but if you order them we can compare. I already compared with Ahmelina and manitobagirl but their officers are diff because they are not Iranian.

Strength2 (myself) applied 31 May, Iran, no interview, background check /security screening since 24 Oct
Ahmelina 1st June, Azarbaijan/Russia, interview mid dec
manitobagirl May, Gorgia, interview Dec
Smirio, 15 May, Iran, no interview
Sara Joon 7 June, Iran, no interview
Khosro, 28 Sep, Iran, no interview

mehdisk said:
Hello to everyone . Our case is as the same of your's.

Application received confirmation : 1.6.2016

Sponsor approve : 28.7.2016

Start main applicant process (me) : 10.8.2016

Sent imm 5562 : 28.9.2016

Interview : 15.11.2016

Officer who she was positive whit my case told me that the next step is background check and it will be 1 monthes . But yet after 4 monthes so far no news .

My wife is my sponsor .

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I checked from applyabroad.org Iranian sponsors from 5th Jan got PPR for the wives on March 7th. I am happy for them but why should ours be different?! Lets all unite and do something. Lets discuss the ideas about what we can do.

I always thought Iran did not treat women fairly now I see Canada is not any different when it comes to sponsorship.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength2 said:
I have an appointment to see the MP herself as well on April 19th. She belongs to conservatives. I am planning to tell her about all of us as well and to ask her to discuss with Ankara at least to give a visitor visa to husband to be able to meet their wife if the security check takes for ever. I was thinking we should connect our MPs together so that they can write a combined letter to Ankara. If you think that's a good idea send me your MP's name and I will mention that other MP's have similar constituents like me.

I think MPs, Minister, Prime minister don't know whats going on in Ankara and we should aware them.

I also thought to introduce this website to my MP and tell her it is good for political people to take a look at these types of websites to see what Canadians are going through.
Hey, your inbox is full, so I can't send you messages until you delete some old messages)

I agree about the MPs! As I already said, I'm seeing my lawyer this week and then hopefully I'll get a permission to see/call my MP.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
I checked from applyabroad.org Iranian sponsors from 5th Jan got PPR for the wives on March 7th. I am happy for them but why should ours be different?! Lets all unite and do something. Lets discuss the ideas about what we can do.

I always thought Iran did not treat women fairly now I see Canada is not any different when it comes to sponsorship.
Hi
Since I have no news from immigration, I have listened to you and filled out the form So I wait for 31 days to get an answer, I can't believe this is happening, I'm actually scared, what if I really don't get any news from Ankara by then, I'm hoping that before I get the respond fromIRCC I have news from Ankara. I hope you guys give me some good news soon

mehdisk

Mar 31, 2017
Iran
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
29-5-2016
Doc's Request.
27-9-2016 : IMM5562
AOR Received.
01-6-2016
File Transfer...
28-7-2016 start process 10-08-2016
Med's Request
Generated Upfront 13-4-2016
Interview........
15-11-2016
strength2 said:
Hello,

It is good you joined us, below is the list of people waiting, we will be 7 with you. 4 of us had no interview, 2 had interview like you. I don't think the waiting time is related to your age and second marriage. The interview was for checking your relationship and approve your eligibility but what is holding your case is probably security like most of us. The only way to know is to ask your wife to send the request for GCMS notes and to approach her MP if she lives in Canada. Did you do any military? Did they askً you anything about military in your interview?
There were two Iranians and one Turkish since May who got PR for husband. One of the Iranian cases has 2 years of military as well but still was approved in 2 months or so. We are not sure what is going on with our cases. I checked my GCMS notes with the person who got PR and the notes were done by SB10820 for both of us. In my case SB10820 asked for travel form and after that the case is transferred to GL and no news. But in Aylar's case SB10820 approved everything and gave Ok for PR. Smirio and Sara Joon have not ordered the notes yet and Khosro is waiting for 8 months processing time to be over but if you order them we can compare. I already compared with Ahmelina and manitobagirl but their officers are diff because they are not Iranian.

Strength2 (myself) applied 31 May, Iran, no interview, background check /security screening since 24 Oct
Ahmelina 1st June, Azarbaijan/Russia, interview mid dec
manitobagirl May, Gorgia, interview Dec
Smirio, 15 May, Iran, no interview
Sara Joon 7 June, Iran, no interview
Khosro, 28 Sep, Iran, no interview
Hi. I've done 2 years of military service and in interview she asked nothing about that . But she asked about my job at irib and i think 24 years working at irib is subject for them . Yes my wife lives in BC and I'll tell him about GCMS.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Great Sara Joon that you did it. I did apply for my 3rd notes March 27th as well and am waiting to see the MP herself on April 19th and get the notes end of April. I am also scared and I try to stay positive but the days are passing one by one quickly and I only see in process :(

Sara Joon said:
Hi
Since I have no news from immigration, I have listened to you and filled out the form So I wait for 31 days to get an answer, I can't believe this is happening, I'm actually scared, what if I really don't get any news from Ankara by then, I'm hoping that before I get the respond fromIRCC I have news from Ankara. I hope you guys give me some good news soon

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
Great Sara Joon that you did it. I did apply for my 3rd notes March 27th as well and am waiting to see the MP herself on April 19th and get the notes end of April. I am also scared and I try to stay positive but the days are passing one by one quickly and I only see in process :(
Do you think our husbands have to do the medical exam again? I'm really worried, it's getting too long nowMy husbands medical expires on may 25thit's really frustrating and Ankara don't even care to send an update or at list update their own ECAS site‍♀Let's hope we hear something soon