+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I hope not. Ours is valid till 18 May. 8 months processing time, the assignment due date of 24 March all passed and it is soon half a year of security screening so I hope the medical due date will not pass and we hear something by end of April/beginning of May in our case. I know the medical has to be valid till the person lands and it takes approximately two weeks from PPR to getting the visa and travelling so I hope they let us know by the first week of May.

Sara Joon said:
Do you think our husbands have to do the medical exam again? I'm really worried, it's getting too long nowMy husbands medical expires on may 25thit's really frustrating and Ankara don't even care to send an update or at list update their own ECAS site‍♀Let's hope we hear something soon

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Sara Joon said:
Do you think our husbands have to do the medical exam again? I'm really worried, it's getting too long nowMy husbands medical expires on may 25thit's really frustrating and Ankara don't even care to send an update or at list update their own ECAS site‍♀Let's hope we hear something soon
I hope not. Ours is valid till 18 May. 8 months processing time, the assignment due date of 24 March all passed and it is soon half a year of security screening so I hope the medical due date will not pass and we hear something by end of April/beginning of May in our case. I know the medical has to be valid till the person lands and it takes approximately two weeks from PPR to getting the visa and travelling so I hope they let us know by the first week of May.
I don't want to keep your hopes very high BUT usually medical expiry date is like a 'deadline' for the visa offices. Based on many examples, people tend to receive PPR closer to their medical expiry date, however it's not always the case because they might ask you to re-do your medical. I haven't seen Ankara do that (only other offices), so personally I'm waiting for it or even earlier and trying to keep myself positive))
Medical expiry date is coming up for all of us which I think is good, lets hope PPR will come asap!

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
I just spoke to a friend who applied for his wife who's in Iran in January and she got PPR last week , good for them but not fair at all

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It hurts that Ankara is not consistent. I also checked applyaborad and someone who applied Jan 5th got PPR March 7th. She should have landed by now. We should talk about this to our MP's.

Sara Joon said:
I just spoke to a friend who applied for his wife who's in Iran in January and she got PPR last week , good for them but not fair at all

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
It hurts that Ankara is not consistent. I also checked applyaborad and someone who applied Jan 5th got PPR March 7th. She should have landed by now. We should talk about this to our MP's.
Yet another Friday in coming and no news

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
Well well today is march 7th and my 10 months of waiting is officially over we need some news anything

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
You mean April 7th. I just checked my ECAS and it shows in process :(.

Sara Joon said:
Well well today is march 7th and my 10 months of waiting is officially over we need some news anything

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
I e-mail Ankara on Wednesday and they replied me:
The process of the interview is continuing.We will advice you once all the the statutory requirements have been met.
What is that means? Only God knows.
Now ladies, let's talk about income taxes. Do we have to claim our spouses and how to declare their income? And is your husband consider a dependant? I want to do my taxes, before the end of the month.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Vow it is good that they replied. They never replied me. but I agree it is not much meaningful and informative.

There is a thread about tax in the forum. As I understood you can only say he is your dependent if you have proof that you sent money to him.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/to-claim-or-not-to-claim-your-nonresident-spouse-on-your-canadian-tax-return-t275268.0.html

manitobagirl said:
The process of the interview is continuing.We will advice you once all the the statutory requirements have been met.
Now ladies, let's talk about income taxes. Do we have to claim our spouses and how to declare their income? And is your husband consider a dependant? I want to do my taxes, before the end of the month.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
manitobagirl said:

Wooow I'm surprised that they replied to you, I just like to know your timeline pleaseThanks

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
her husband is May applicant from Gorgia and had interview beginning of Dec.

Manitobagirl it will be great if you can enter the dates in your profile so that it will be shown under your name.

Sara Joon said:
Wooow I'm surprised that they replied to you, I just like to know your timeline pleaseThanks

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
her husband is May applicant from Gorgia and had interview beginning of Dec.

Manitobagirl it will be great if you can enter the dates in your profile so that it will be shown under your name.

Thank you

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
What do you think about sending this request: If the embassy does not disclose any info to the individual or MP will CSIS disclose it?

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?

For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:
•a full name,
•date and place of birth,
•the signature of the applicant, and
•a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.

If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.

Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:

Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954

* If a request is missing any of the information noted above, a reply will not be issued. Please allow up to eight weeks for the processing of requests.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
What do you think about sending this request: If the embassy does not disclose any info to the individual or MP will CSIS disclose it?

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?

For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:
•a full name,
•date and place of birth,
•the signature of the applicant, and
•a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.

If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.

Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:

Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954

* If a request is missing any of the information noted above, a reply will not be issued. Please allow up to eight weeks for the processing of requests.
Hi strength2,

It would be great if they released security related information for our applications in this CSIS service. I searched a little bit and found this thread on the forum: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized-t317706.720.html They believe CSIS does not release such information and omits them from the note in a similar way to GCMS notes.

Do you think the application number is the same as our family sponsorship application number?

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
I also found this:

Usually over a phone call the customer service agent reads the due date in the file, which is mostly incorrect. They cannot provide you with any information more than what they see on their screens. Some security checks take way longer doe to getting the data from other countries. Does your GCMS notes have s. 15/16 blanked out pages. If it does, then IRCC is waiting for some information. Also, your file could have been stuck with CSIS. Some applicants have successfully sent letters to CSIS and they would let you know if they have cleared the file and the delay is on the end of IRCC, which is usually the case.

The CSIS website states:
https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02
on this page:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered-t482200.15.html

So, maybe even if they don't release any info on security, they will tell us if our case is processed there and passed to IRCC.