+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I heard two to five months before. but it is 170 days so far for us. Maybe CSIS is done and something else is going on.

Can we get any annual report for 2016 or email CSIS to get the report?

Ahmelina23 said:
This information is outdated but I'll still share it.
I found a CSIS Annual Report 2008-2009 and there was a Turn-Around table in days for Security check. In the year of 2008-2009 turn around time for security check was only 95 days but in 2007 it was 78 days, so you can see such an increase in a short period of time. Maybe now it's even longer but they definitely have their own due dates.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength2 said:
I heard two to five months before. but it is 170 days so far for us. Maybe CSIS is done and something else is going on.

Can we get any annual report for 2016 or email CSIS to get the report?
All the reports are here, but recent ones don't have that information :(
http://www.sirc-csars.gc.ca/anrran/index-eng.html

As I said before, it's definitely our countries that cause the delay...

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi All,

Security check is beyond CIC control; so I do not believe it is the fault of Ankara Visa Office. They might be able to follow up with partnered agencies, however once an application is under Security screening government partner agencies have to give their results.

Do any of you know where in notes states the date they started the GCMS notes? And how long this length could be?

I have personally read a news from Nov 2016 that all spousal sponsorships globally must be completed within twelve months.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cicnews.com/2016/12/processing-times-family-class-immigration-programs-halved-128732.html/amp

I really pray all of us get our husband's entry as soon as possible as we are all in same pool.

Let's look forward to the day all of us have positive answers.

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Does anyone know where in notes I can find out the date security screening has started?

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
SMirio said:
Does anyone know where in notes I can find out the date security screening has started?
I heard that they start it right after all the other criteria are passed (i.e. medical, criminal, eligibility). However, you can also find some parts in APPLICATION section with the label Security or Security Screening. I have one part with Old Value: Not Started and New Value: Updated. I think this is the time security is started. The parts are ordered from more recent to older, so, even if there is no time tag in this part you can learn the interval it has been updated in by looking at the time tags of the top/below blocks.

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Mona_momeni,

Thank you very much; mine doesn't have anything; no dates under security screening. But other blocks such as criminality shows it was updated in October.

Many thanks

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
SMirio said:
Hey, I hope everything is well with you and everyone else, here we are another week started let's see what happens this week I shall be receiving the result of my notes that I ordered by the end of the month or beginning of may

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
I remember Ankara replying to people by email on Jan and telling them PPR is close and it took them 2-3 weeks to get PPR email after this reply. But for us no one got any reply back or the reply was very vague for Manitobagirl for example. So I don't know how we can still be positive that we hear something by Mid May. If we were close to getting PR then they would reply with some kind of info to us instead of just ignoring us. To be realistic I don't think my husband is close to getting PPR.

They may not help but it is at least important that we will be united and make them aware of this issue and they may eventually audit Ankara office to see whats going on. It should not be this way that they are ignoring all of us. we are all citizens of this country for many years. Why don't we all write a combined letter and fax/post it to Ankara? Why are we sitting in different about our lives?
Hi I just received a reply to my email from Ankara here it is

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that we are actively processing your spouse’s file. We have completed eligibility, medical examination and are currently working on his security clearance.

Processing his security clearance involves consultation with other Government of Canada agencies. At present we are awaiting their input. While we cannot estimate when this information will be received your spouse can rest assured that we are checking his file on a regular basis and will be in touch when we are ready to proceed with the next stage of processing.

I hope that you find this information useful and that it helps you to understand where his file stands.

Immigration section

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Now at list they take the time to reply something after 10 months. Maybe someone from the Minister office or CIC has contacted them (as we filled the feedback form, etc)

Ladies it is our right to be with our husband and to start our family life like any male Canadian who brings his wife into Canada in 2-3 months. If CIC says it is beyond their control to do something for PR security screening and they still care lets give them a solution. They should be able to issue a visitor visa for our husband so that our husband can stay with us at least for 6 months while their partners get back to them and CIC rules does allow them to issue visitor visa while PR is in progress
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

Please write back to them and ask them if Ankara office is able to issue a visitor visa while waiting for their partners for the PR security screening. and put the above link which explains about dual intention and which is very applicable to us. This rule must be in place for cases like us so there should be no reason why Ankara visa office does not follow the rule and reject visitor visa applications.

Sara Joon said:
Hi I just received a reply to my email from Ankara here it is

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that we are actively processing your spouse’s file. We have completed eligibility, medical examination and are currently working on his security clearance.

Processing his security clearance involves consultation with other Government of Canada agencies. At present we are awaiting their input. While we cannot estimate when this information will be received your spouse can rest assured that we are checking his file on a regular basis and will be in touch when we are ready to proceed with the next stage of processing.

I hope that you find this information useful and that it helps you to understand where his file stands.

Immigration section

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I sent this email to them myself today with this subject "Q about visitor visa while husband sponsorship #XXXXX in process > 10 months"

Dear officer,

While the processing time for Iranians is 8 months, my husband's case is in process since 31 May 2016. What is holding CIC is security screening which is in process since 24 Oct 2016 (almost six months now) and the security timing is not at CIC controls.

I am writing this email to check if the Ankara visa office will process visitor visa for applicants with the PR application in process and dual intents based on the following CIC rule:

If a visitor visa will be issued for my husband he can stay with me for six months while the PR security screening is going on and the CIC partners are getting back to CIC about his background check. I am working full time as a professional engineer for a Canadian company called XXXX and I only have 3 weeks of vacations which I used all when I visited my husband on Dec/Jan 2017. If he will be able to come I can keep my job and can continue showing my ability for sponsoring my husband as well as keeping the career I made in Canada during 9 years. If PR will not be issued for him he will leave Canada at the end of six months. He has no intention to stay in Canada illegally.

I appreciate your reply to my question above.

Thanks for your understanding

Sincerely

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength2 said:
I sent this email to them myself today with this subject "Q about visitor visa while husband sponsorship #XXXXX in process > 10 months"

Dear officer,

While the processing time for Iranians is 8 months, my husband's case is in process since 31 May 2016. What is holding CIC is security screening which is in process since 24 Oct 2016 (almost six months now) and the security timing is not at CIC controls.

I am writing this email to check if the Ankara visa office will process visitor visa for applicants with the PR application in process and dual intents based on the following CIC rule:

If a visitor visa will be issued for my husband he can stay with me for six months while the PR security screening is going on and the CIC partners are getting back to CIC about his background check. I am working full time as a professional engineer for a Canadian company called XXXX and I only have 3 weeks of vacations which I used all when I visited my husband on Dec/Jan 2017. If he will be able to come I can keep my job and can continue showing my ability for sponsoring my husband as well as keeping the career I made in Canada during 9 years. If PR will not be issued for him he will leave Canada at the end of six months. He has no intention to stay in Canada illegally.

Sincerely
Great letter! Hopefully a response will follow:)

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
strength2 said:

Dear officer,

Sincerely

I like this idea. Hopefully they will reply. I will also send them another email

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I talked to the MP yesterday (MP herself and her secretary was there to write down the conversation) She was very understanding and said we have all the rights to be exhausted. We talked about discrimination against Canadian women by putting their family life and career at risk by not letting them to bring their husbands to here. She said 6 months security checking is too long. She is going to figure out what is holding the security checking and she said my husband may be able to follow up with a certain organization in Iran for example if she can get some info from CIC about where they are waiting for information. Just thought to update you and ask those of you who can go to MP and have not gone yet to do so. Also she is going to check what will happen with Medical getting expired on May 18.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
I talked to the MP yesterday (MP herself and her secretary was there to write down the conversation) She was very understanding and said we have all the rights to be exhausted. We talked about discrimination against Canadian women by putting their family life and career at risk by not letting them to bring their husbands to here. She said 6 months security checking is too long. She is going to figure out what is holding the security checking and she said my husband may be able to follow up with a certain organization in Iran for example if she can get some info from CIC about where they are waiting for information. Just thought to update you and ask those of you who can go to MP and have not gone yet to do so. Also she is going to check what will happen with Medical getting expired on May 18.
That's great, if you get a response I will do it too, I'm just not sure if mp has any force over security screening

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Sara Joon said:
That's great, if you get a response I will do it too, I'm just not sure if mp has any force over security screening
It won't hurt to try. The more MPs we involve, the better)

I can't contact my MP because I have a lawyer.