+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
They don't ask for application # in the form.

Do you think the application number is the same as our family sponsorship application number?
[/quote]

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
If CSIS say they are done on their side and have passed the results to IRCC does it mean security screening is complete? Then we can ask Ankara what else they are waiting for?

mona_momeni said:
I also found this:

Usually over a phone call the customer service agent reads the due date in the file, which is mostly incorrect. They cannot provide you with any information more than what they see on their screens. Some security checks take way longer doe to getting the data from other countries. Does your GCMS notes have s. 15/16 blanked out pages. If it does, then IRCC is waiting for some information. Also, your file could have been stuck with CSIS. Some applicants have successfully sent letters to CSIS and they would let you know if they have cleared the file and the delay is on the end of IRCC, which is usually the case.

The CSIS website states:
https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02
on this page:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered-t482200.15.html

So, maybe even if they don't release any info on security, they will tell us if our case is processed there and passed to IRCC.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
If CSIS say they are done on their side and have passed the results to IRCC does it mean security screening is complete? Then we can ask Ankara what else they are waiting for?
I am not sure if it's only CSIS or there are other organizations that are involved in security screening. Have you submitted your request to CSIS? It takes 2 months for them to reply :eek:

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
I was thinking there is while that Smirio is not active!!! I wish she would update us, maybe she has received a news I hope
Sometimes I think I'm going crazy, as we are getting closer to our deadlines , I am loosing hope really
We need some sort of a good news

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I am waiting for my husband to sign it and will send it soon. I know it takes 2 months but I am planning ahead just in case I will still be waiting. I never thought I have to wait since Jan and 3.5 months since Jan now. Days are passing.

mona_momeni said:
I am not sure if it's only CSIS or there are other organizations that are involved in security screening. Have you submitted your request to CSIS? It takes 2 months for them to reply :eek:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi,

Today I found the Canada ambassador in Turkey profile on linkedin. His name is Chris Cooter and he has been an ambassador since Sep 2016. I sent him an invitation and wrote a short message that I'd like to talk about my husband sponsorship. You may all send an invite to him as well and I hope he will accept us on linkedin
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-cooter-15025064/
Even if he doesn't accept the invitation, it is good if he sees couple of invites from professional people and the message says husband sponsorship taking so long.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
You may include a cover letter with File # just to make it clear what the request is for.

strength2 said:
They don't ask for application # in the form.

Do you think the application number is the same as our family sponsorship application number?

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
You may include a cover letter with File # just to make it clear what the request is for.
Great, then you can directly show your concern about how the case is making progress/if it's passed to IRCC. It's smart to get in touch with Canada ambassador or other officials, but which type of officials may handle the problems with immigration applications?

Anyway thank you for letting us know and hope you hear the news soon.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
I am not sure if all this Government officials will be able to help. We wrote letters to Minister of Immigration, and still no reply. All offices are saying that they can't do much about security screening. And all it's left, just to wait. But how long and why?, nobody knows. It's just building up too much frustration.
Ladies we got to stay strong, pray to GOD and hope for the best.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl said:
I am not sure if all this Government officials will be able to help. We wrote letters to Minister of Immigration, and still no reply. All offices are saying that they can't do much about security screening. And all it's left, just to wait. But how long and why?, nobody knows. It's just building up too much frustration.
Ladies we got to stay strong, pray to GOD and hope for the best.
They won't help, yes they might agree with us that it's taking too long, but I really doubt that they will change anything while we're waiting for our husbands :(
I really hope that the wait is almost over and God Willing our husbands will receive PPR before medicals expire!

My husband called Ankara more than 10 times today, nobody picked up :( They either ignore or too busy...

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I remember Ankara replying to people by email on Jan and telling them PPR is close and it took them 2-3 weeks to get PPR email after this reply. But for us no one got any reply back or the reply was very vague for Manitobagirl for example. So I don't know how we can still be positive that we hear something by Mid May. If we were close to getting PR then they would reply with some kind of info to us instead of just ignoring us. To be realistic I don't think my husband is close to getting PPR.

They may not help but it is at least important that we will be united and make them aware of this issue and they may eventually audit Ankara office to see whats going on. It should not be this way that they are ignoring all of us. we are all citizens of this country for many years. Why don't we all write a combined letter and fax/post it to Ankara? Why are we sitting in different about our lives?

Ahmelina23 said:
They won't help, yes they might agree with us that it's taking too long, but I really doubt that they will change anything while we're waiting for our husbands :(
I really hope that the wait is almost over and God Willing our husbands will receive PPR before medicals expire!

My husband called Ankara more than 10 times today, nobody picked up :( They either ignore or too busy...

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength2 said:
I remember Ankara replying to people by email on Jan and telling them PPR is close and it took them 2-3 weeks to get PPR email after this reply. But for us no one got any reply back or the reply was very vague for Manitobagirl for example. So I don't know how we can still be positive that we hear something by Mid May. If we were close to getting PR then they would reply with some kind of info to us instead of just ignoring us. To be realistic I don't think my husband is close to getting PPR.

They may not help but it is at least important that we make them aware of this issue and they may audit Ankara office to see whats going on. It should not be this way that they are ignoring all of us. we are all citizens of this country for many years.
The main point is that we don't know how far we are in the process, maybe we are just step away from PPR, we don't know because they don't update us.
I believe it's almost over and my husband will receive PPR very soon and so is everyone else, just keep on praying and stay positive:)

I agree, but it happens in every visa office, some just get lucky by getting a response/update from them.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I think they would have updated us if they knew. and if they don't know it means our file is a dead file sitting there for something.

I will try to stay positive too but honestly I think we should all unite and write a letter to Ankara with all our signatures or we have to sit waiting till end of Dec maybe or even more. Who knows no one cares about our family life.

Ahmelina23 said:
The main point is that we don't know how far we are in the process, maybe we are just step away from PPR, we don't know because they don't update us.
I believe it's almost over and my husband will receive PPR very soon and so is everyone else, just keep on praying and stay positive:)

I agree, but it happens in every visa office, some just get lucky by getting a response/update from them.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength2 said:
I think they would have updated us if they knew. and if they don't know it means our file is a dead file sitting there for something.

I will try to stay positive too but honestly I think we should all unite and write a letter to Ankara with all our signatures or we have to sit waiting till end of Dec maybe or even more. Who knows no one cares about our family life.
Your emotions are taking over :) Not really, there were many people who didn't get updated but they got PPR:) Words can't describe how hard it is to wait, but it's almost over..just a tiny bit more patience and we will be rewarded)

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
This information is outdated but I'll still share it.
I found a CSIS Annual Report 2008-2009 and there was a Turn-Around table in days for Security check. In the year of 2008-2009 turn around time for security check was only 95 days but in 2007 it was 78 days, so you can see such an increase in a short period of time. Maybe now it's even longer but they definitely have their own due dates.