+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
security is the holding case for many of us. My husband case is in security screening since 24 Oct. Ankara confirmed this in reply to the MP that the file is in security screening since then and that for "security reason" they cannot disclose anything about security to anyone including MP. Also that's the day background check went to in progress in myCIC.

But what do you mean Ankara is done while security is not done? It has been 5 months already for him. If Ankara is waiting for any info from Iran government I bet Iran will not disclose any info about anyone because as I explained before they cannot disclose for some and hide for some so simply they ignore all and keep quite. So what's next? Will Ankara wait for a year for hearing nothing? I wish I knew whats going on and whats the procedure.

You are lucky in a sense because most probably they are not waiting for Iran for any security info for you as this is the case for Iranian women. If they are waiting for Iran it is a non end waiting time and they are wasting our lives.

I am working in Canada for 9 years and paid the max tax to the government as a single professional woman working for pure Canadian companies. I have a contract with my current company that if I leave before 2 years I have to pay them a huge penalty. They put this because they need me otherwise most companies here will put we will lay you off with 2 weeks notice if required instead of not letting you resign for two years. But if they need me I need my husband too. If CIC will pay the penalty to my company I am fine to leave and stay with my husband. I am tired of this really.
Hi strength2,

Thanks for updating me with Conditional Yes phrase.
I agree with all of your comments. What I meant by saying that Ankara is done is that I guess security is handled outside their office. For example, an officer in Ankara sends a request to Security organization says A, and B. Then s/he sets a due date for this activity and wait for organizations A, and B to reply back. Apart from waiting, I don't think CIC officers can do anything else. Like you, I am really interested to know how this whole security stage is being handled. I believe google can help but I just don't have much time. I hope we all be lucky, please God, help us.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
Ahmelina23 said:
Oh sorry, for some reason I thought you are Turkish) Hmm India is one of the slowest VO, but maybe be they're quicker in responding and you definitely got lucky which is great!

Yes, and this most likely refers to Condition 51, for couples who lived together for a short period of time. It means that he/she will have to live with the sponsor for 2 years after becoming a PR. Condition 51 applies to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.

"The sponsored spouse must cohabit in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. If they do not remain in the relationship, the sponsored spouse’s status could be revoked."

"As a result of the introduction of conditional permanent residence, additional investigations may be undertaken in cases where there is reason to believe that the condition is not being met or has not been met. CIC plans to perform random assessments of the overall level of compliance on an ongoing basis.

The measure also provides another means for enforcement action in instances of marriage fraud, including issuing removal orders to fraudulent spouses on the basis of non-compliance. This could in turn lead to their removal from Canada."
Thanks a lot Ahmelina23 for you thorough answer :) That's right we haven't lived 2 years and if they grant my PR it would be a conditional one.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
After all CIC and the visa office is responsible I believe. It is not fair that they tell us they are just waiting and they pretend they are doing their best. That's what MP told me as well that it is not Canada's fault. But if that was the case Canada could not bring these many refuges here at all as their governments don't even know where the refugees are let along answering inquires from Ankara VO! They should put special rules for governments like Iran or Russia. Otherwise it will be like Mr Trump who says no visa to any Iranian at all because Iran government does not do corresponding with US.

mona_momeni said:
Hi strength2,

Thanks for updating me with Conditional Yes phrase.
I agree with all of your comments. What I meant by saying that Ankara is done is that I guess security is handled outside their office. For example, an officer in Ankara sends a request to Security organization says A, and B. Then s/he sets a due date for this activity and wait for organizations A, and B to reply back. Apart from waiting, I don't think CIC officers can do anything else. Like you, I am really interested to know how this whole security stage is being handled. I believe google can help but I just don't have much time. I hope we all be lucky, please God, help us.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
mona_momeni said:
Thanks a lot Ahmelina23 for you thorough answer :) That's right we haven't lived 2 years and if they grant my PR it would be a conditional one.
No problem! Yes, same thing for me)

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
mona_momeni said:
After all CIC and the visa office is responsible I believe. It is not fair that they tell us they are just waiting and they pretend they are doing their best. That's what MP told me as well that it is not Canada's fault. But if that was the case Canada could not bring these many refuges here at all as their governments don't even know where the refugees are let along answering inquires from Ankara VO! They should put special rules for governments like Iran or Russia. Otherwise it will be like Mr Trump who says no visa to any Iranian at all because Iran government does not do corresponding with US.
Correct, and your MP is correct as well. I mentioned it already, it's most likely our countries that keep on delaying our processing. Ankara definitely requests additional information on applicants who served the army, travelled a lot, divorced etc. (they probably have their own list) from our countries, be it Russia, Iran or Georgia. Ankara definitely has its own timing/due dates for such additional information and if they don't receive it by a certain time (which they don't tell us - drives us insane) then if everything else is passed and they don't have any more questions - the file will be approved. One more thing that might delay is Ankara's officers, we all know that there a couple of officers working on each file and every officer is different. Some might be quick, some slow and very picky :( I just really wish they at least tell us approximate time of waiting, it's so frustrating...

I keep on praying that this torture will be over asap!!!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Today I got a read receipt for the email I sent to the immigration minister on March 2nd. The email was read by Wendy.Floccari@cic.gc.ca. No reply to the email yet. But I suggest you write an email to the minister as well Minister@cic.gc.ca. If they see many cases related to Ankara VO they will take action. In some emails you can activate a read receipt option so that you get an email when they read your email to confirm that they read it

here is what I wrote:

Dear Honorable Ahmed D. Hussen MP,

I am a professional engineer working for XXXX sponsoring my husband to come to Canada. His file is processed in Ankara. The application was received on 31 May 2017 in Canada and was forwarded to Ankara on Aug. Below is the information I received from Ankara through my MP's office. It shows security screening is in process since 24 Oct 2016 (for more than 4 months) and that the normal processing time of 9 months has passed. The MP's office advised me that they cannot follow up further as Ankara will not disclose anything related to the security screening to them for the security reason.

As the former minister mentioned that The Government of Canada will make family reunification an important priority, I thought to email you and ask about my situation. What can an sponsor do when the case is hold for security screening and there is no defined due date so that the couple can plan accordingly. Our whole life is on hold.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
Today I got a read receipt for the email I sent to the immigration minister on March 2nd. The email was read by Wendy.Floccari@cic.gc.ca. No reply to the email yet. But I suggest you write an email to the minister as well Minister@cic.gc.ca. If they see many cases related to Ankara VO they will take action. In some emails you can activate a read receipt option so that you get an email when they read your email to confirm that they read it

here is what I wrote:

Dear Honorable Ahmed D. Hussen MP,

I am a professional engineer working for XXXX sponsoring my husband to come to Canada. His file is processed in Ankara. The application was received on 31 May 2017 in Canada and was forwarded to Ankara on Aug. Below is the information I received from Ankara through my MP's office. It shows security screening is in process since 24 Oct 2016 (for more than 4 months) and that the normal processing time of 9 months has passed. The MP's office advised me that they cannot follow up further as Ankara will not disclose anything related to the security screening to them for the security reason.

As the former minister mentioned that The Government of Canada will make family reunification an important priority, I thought to email you and ask about my situation. What can an sponsor do when the case is hold for security screening and there is no defined due date so that the couple can plan accordingly. Our whole life is on hold.

If there are few people who know what you are going through , one of them is me. I have been living in Canada for the last 24 years and having paid all those taxes, I know what you are saying. But believe me there is nothing that anyone will do for us to find out what's going on!!! It's agame, a nasty waiting game. You are right nothing about this whole is is fair, people who applied way after us already landed, and we are still waiting on a news to find out where are we standing!!! I'm sorry that we are going through this process, but all we can do is stay positive and hope for the best outcome. My husband didn't do military service and he is a graphic designer, and I don't see why the security check would be taking so long, so my friend let's hope that we get some good news soon

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
I am reading this forum and thinking may be some government officials or lawyers should read this as well. This are the real stories, and unfortunately for us if you are doing everything right- no body cares. But if you just cross the boarder illegally and trough away your passport, then Government will step in and give you everything that you need and did not work for it. Where is justice in this country?
I am a Canadian citizen, I live in this country for 20 years and came here legally under provincial nominee program and I am a medical professional. Paying my heavy taxes on time. And when it comes to sponsor my own husband I have been treated like nobody. Crazy and unfair. All this security checks, who checks the illegals that gets government subsidy after 30 days of being here. Where do they send requests, to which government to do security checks? My lawyer even said, to be real, those people crossing the boarder they are not poor. They have money. You need money to travel from war countries to get to US and then to Canada. Those that in real need are stranded in the refugee camps and waiting for the process to go through for years. If you think that refugee stream is different from ours and does not affect us, think twice. government needs immigration officers, so for them to process their claims faster they will pull offices from our department ( family sponsorship ) to work on refugees files. And really no one cares that you are living apart from your partner for months, no one cares that you are suffering depression, no one cares that you don't have normal emotional, sexual relationship with your partner. That's how Canada reunites families. And for my next elections I will go and vote. Before I always thought it doesn't matter, now I think differently. Ladies please don't give up, be patient and keep sending your current chats, e-mails with your partner to Ankara v/o. After all this process we have to create petition for better communication with the sponsors. I don't mind paying fees, but if i need to know more then it should be provided.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
don't just say words please act. Send email to the minister with Title including Ankara. If they see many emails they may pick up the phone and call Ankara to question whats going on there. We can have at least six emails send from the people in this forum. If you live in Canada more than me your English should be better and you are all professional so please write to the minister. I told this since March 2nd. There are people waiting from Jan 2016 for PR and still nothing. So don't think if you sit quite and wait you will get PR by end of May. That may not be the case and then you are just wasting more time before you come to the decision that you need to write to the minister. MP suggested to write to the minister so he must know something.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Strength2, I did contacted J.Trudeau office last month, and they forwarded my e-mail to Minister of Immigration of Canada, it was acknowledge that they received my e-mail. And after that i haven't heard much. But I agree with you, the more they get emails like that re: Ankara, hopefully something will be done.
Ladies don't loose hope.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
That's great so the minister office has two emails already. The more the better.

manitobagirl said:
Strength2, I did contacted J.Trudeau office last month, and they forwarded my e-mail to Minister of Immigration of Canada, it was acknowledge that they received my e-mail. And after that i haven't heard much. But I agree with you, the more they get emails like that re: Ankara, hopefully something will be done.
Ladies don't loose hope.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
That's great so the minister office has two emails already. The more the better.
I have called immigration Canada and complained about Ankara and the situation the have emails me a link to make a complaint so here it is I did already if you guys like to do so as well go ahead

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2017-03-29

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

How to submit your feedback

Your feedback is important to us. You may submit a comment, compliment or complaint about IRCC services, performance or processes, such as:

Application processing times,
Fees or refunds,
Online tools or the IRCC website,
Policy and legislation,
Etc.
In order to do so, please fill out the feedback form available on our website.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

Cindy
Agent #4012
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
That's great. Have you submitted the complaint form? I am not sure if we better fill the complaint or comment. But that's the fact. IRCC may not even know about our cases in Ankara and they need to know through us.

Sara Joon said:
I have called immigration Canada and complained about Ankara and the situation the have emails me a link to make a complaint so here it is I did already if you guys like to do so as well go ahead

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2017-03-29

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

How to submit your feedback

Your feedback is important to us. You may submit a comment, compliment or complaint about IRCC services, performance or processes, such as:

Application processing times,
Fees or refunds,
Online tools or the IRCC website,
Policy and legislation,
Etc.
In order to do so, please fill out the feedback form available on our website.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

Cindy
Agent #4012
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I sent a comment form

This is the autoreply

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We appreciate this feedback about your service experience. What you think is important to us.

We are not able to provide a personalized response to every message, but we review and consider all comments. You are helping us understand what we do well, and what we need to focus on improving.

If you have questions about our programs and services, you can consult the on-line IRCC Help Centre.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
I sent a comment form

This is the autoreply

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We appreciate this feedback about your service experience. What you think is important to us.

We are not able to provide a personalized response to every message, but we review and consider all comments. You are helping us understand what we do well, and what we need to focus on improving.

If you have questions about our programs and services, you can consult the on-line IRCC Help Centre.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Ya I have done both and also , I mean this is non sense, I hope we hear something soon