+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Ahmelina23 said:
Husbands from Iran, Georgia and Russia/Azerbaijan are still waiting and none of us understands why it's taking so long :(
It's just heart breaking...incredible torture :(
Could you please clarify, so under Security you have a due date?! That's something new, I didn't have a due date under security when I received my notes a month ago. What's your security due date if you don't mind sharing?
I said it many times...don't put your hope on due dates, because you can get PPR before or after the due date. If everything is complete before the due date then you should receive PPR before it ends.
I keep on praying everyday and I have a feeling that this torture will be over soon!
When I check the processing time for forgot and azarbaijan it's 15 months but for iran it's suppose to be 8 months and we have passed our processing time, that's why we are frustrated,

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hello everybody

I'm new in this forum. Just wanted to share my story with all of the ladies who are waiting to reunite with their husbands. My wife who is a Canadian citizen sponsored me and we filed our application in late September 2016. After we received the sponsorship approval about a month later and our case was transferred to Ankara visa office in early November the only thing I know is that I have passed the medicals and my background check is progress! I linked my application to my CIC account in mid December and the background check was in progress from the day the application was linked and I have no idea when it had started! Apart from this I absolutely have no other info and have received no correspondence from Ankara. We sent them inquiries and emails a couple of times and got no response! Since my wife is a Citizen she is living with me in Iran right now but we had planned to move to Canada in July 2017. We are really frustrated and can't plan for our life before I get my visa! I know Iranian people, who had applied in January 2017 and got their visa and this is freaking us out that maybe our case has a problem!
Anyway, I just wanted to share my story and wish good luck for all of you.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Khosro1380 said:
Hello everybody

I'm new in this forum. Just wanted to share my story with all of the ladies who are waiting to reunite with their husbands. My wife who is a Canadian citizen sponsored me and we filed our application in late September 2016. After we received the sponsorship approval about a month later and our case was transferred to Ankara visa office in early November the only thing I know is that I have passed the medicals and my background check is progress! I linked my application to my CIC account in mid December and the background check was in progress from the day the application was linked and I have no idea when it had started! Apart from this I absolutely have no other info and have received no correspondence from Ankara. We sent them inquiries and emails a couple of times and got no response! Since my wife is a Citizen she is living with me in Iran right now but we had planned to move to Canada in July 2017. We are really frustrated and can't plan for our life before I get my visa! I know Iranian people, who had applied in January 2017 and got their visa and this is freaking us out that maybe our case has a problem!

Hi
I know it's really hard not to know what's going on, but at least you guys are living together, that's really nice. And also your timeline is still not over but I have no idea why for men it takes so longin my. Ade in 1 we kill be over 10 months that I have applied for my husband. As for your file , I am sure there is nothing wrong , they will send an email if something is missing, it's just the waiting game at this moment Let's see what happens this week

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Sara Joon said:
Hi
I know it's really hard not to know what's going on, but at least you guys are living together, that's really nice. And also your timeline is still not over but I have no idea why for men it takes so longin my. Ade in 1 we kill be over 10 months that I have applied for my husband. As for your file , I am sure there is nothing wrong , they will send an email if something is missing, it's just the waiting game at this moment Let's see what happens this week

It's not easy for us either! My wife's family is in Canada and she has nobody here in Iran and she is very depressed these days! Plus without visa we can't plan anything! I believe Canada's embassy in Ankara is really disorganized and messed up! I sometimes think maybe they have thrown our application aside and don't even look at it! Who knows maybe the security check is already complete and all the officer in charge has to do is to have a look at the documents and make the final decision! What makes me angry is that they don't even care to send a short response to our emails and just tell us that they are working on our application or they are waiting for my security check! It's really ridiculous that the security check of a female person may be completed in less that 2 weeks(I have seen this myself) and mine is still in progress after more than three months! Sometimes I really think Canada is no longer the wonderful country it once used to be!!!

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Sara Joon said:
When I check the processing time for forgot and azarbaijan it's 15 months but for iran it's suppose to be 8 months and we have passed our processing time, that's why we are frustrated,
First of all, we go as Russian processing time, Azerbaijan is only involved in the security check. We also had an interview almost 3.5 months ago, and usually those who had interview just wait for a few weeks or months for PPR.
Second, I haven't seen my husband since April 2016, so don't tell me that you're frustrated because of processing times, it's ALL of us who's frustrated!

I'm only waiting for one more week and then going to my lawyer again or MP to find out what's going on!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi no I was not offended. This whole waiting time is just non sense to me. I think it is discrimination as I made a profession in Canada for 10 years and now by taking leaves to meet with my hysband I am putting it in risk and this is not generally the case for men who brought their wives in 3 months (I know your husband is an exception).

mona_momeni said:
Don't get me wrong, I have no offence. Who doesn't know that 10 months is such a long time? I have no idea what is best to do. The fact is that I am worried about my case too, as I know that you guys have already passed 8 months so there's no guarantee for when it is going to be finalized when it is in security screening whatsoever. Don't take any offence please. When I say don't worry, I am just telling it to you as a friend, just because of you and also to make it easier for all of us who share this difficulty to pass one more day, or week, or month. I am just an applicant like others, nothing beyond that dear. And the other thing is that I can't be as sure as you about discrimination in this case. I think we don't have enough ground or statistics to draw such a conclusion. I guess there is a reason that for some of us there are longer security checks. Of course we need to know if everything is Ok and in track. If you wanted to sign a petition that makes Ankara being more responsive, I am in, but I am not convinced about discriminating policies or so.

And one last thing, I have decided to apply for a tourist visa, even with rejection possibility. All the best for you and all other friends.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl said:
Sorry Ahmelin23 for confusion. I have due date for Eligibility, Medical and criminal check. Not for the security.
Eligibility due date 22/08/2017. Criminality 22/08/2017. Medical 01/07/2017.
Just to let everybody know what my lawyer advised, it's to keep sending prof of relationship (chats, photos,plane tickets) even though you pass eligibility. Kind of keeping you file current.
Also i have a question about s.15(1), some people say it's pass security but some say it's just area that will be protected under privacy act. How often they review files???. Hope someone knows
Oh no worries) Yes, I have due dates for those categories as well but as many people say those dates don't matter much because PPR is issued way before them) Only medical is the one that might be affected and some asked to redo them, which hopefully won't happen!!
Interesting, my lawyer says the opposite that you shouldn't bug Ankara too much. This will slow the process because they will have to go back to your file and take time to input all additional information you sent them. Which means you will distract Ankara from properly processing your file.
Yes, some people say it's a pass, but doesn't seem so since many people who have that code under security are still waiting:( so most likely it means they definitely started security and they protect the information they found out.
Let's just pray this torture is almost over!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hello Khosro,

I am happy you found us and joined the forum. We don't know any husband case approved in Ankara since May except two husbands who were Turkish. All other people at least those on this forum are just waiting. We will be six cases for husband applications with you. Here is the summary. Please also update your profile so that everyone can see the important dates related to your application

Strength2 (myself) applied 31 May, Iran, no interview, background check /security screening since 24 Oct
Ahmelina 1st June, Azarbaijan/Russia, interview mid dec
manitobagirl May, Gorgia, interview Dec
Smirio, 15 May, Iran, no interview
Sara Joon 7 June, Iran, no interview

They say they don't reply to enquires if it is within the processing time (8 months for Iran) but they don't even replied to my enquiry sent on Feb 21st.

You may order a GCMS note and you will get the result in a month and that may give you some clue but if you are done on everything and only security is left no one can do anything and you just have to wait.

I am thinking we should sign a petition or go public about this case but we are just waiting a little bit more hoping it comes within a year and before the medical gets expired.

Khosro1380 said:
Hello everybody

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi Manitobagirl,

Thank you for sharing. this means your medical expired July 1st (which is strange because it is generally valid for a year, maybe they extended the validity in your case) and also your eligibility and criminality expires 22 Aug so if they don't finalize your case by then they will ask you for a new police certificate for criminality check and maybe proofs to show you are still in relationship for eligibility.

So I guess the only new piece of thing is your new due date. Was there any changes in your security since the last GCMS notes?

from my Feb note, I have eligibility and criminality due date of 28 July and 18 July and medical validity 18 May and due 17 June. I am not sure why for medical there is validity and due date and they are one month apart. Maybe it means after one month someone will send a request for a new medical.

s.15(1) is just area that are protected, everywhere you have security. It definitely does not mean security passed as my last GCMS note had s.15(1) and I am still in security screening).

manitobagirl said:
Sorry Ahmelin23 for confusion. I have due date for Eligibility, Medical and criminal check. Not for the security.
Eligibility due date 22/08/2017. Criminality 22/08/2017. Medical 01/07/2017.
Just to let everybody know what my lawyer advised, it's to keep sending prof of relationship (chats, photos,plane tickets) even though you pass eligibility. Kind of keeping you file current.
Also i have a question about s.15(1), some people say it's pass security but some say it's just area that will be protected under privacy act. How often they review files???. Hope someone knows

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
What did they reply when you mentioned it is only for men? What number did you call and how long did it take you to get connected? I think I should call as well so that they know. I bet these people cannot live without their spouses/partners even for a night and they reserve all the rights for themselves to postpone our cases.

I mention another time if they are waiting for any piece of info from Iran government officially to be sent to Ankara, Iran will not reply at all. They should know this by now. Unless if they can get infos from unofficial sources/people assigned by them in Iran.

Sara Joon said:
Hey hon
I know how you feel and believe me my heart cant take this anymore, I'm so frustrated and upset , it almost 10 months since I applied and still nothing, I called ankara they said the same thing again that with the situation in Iran and Iran and turkey it's taking a bit longer which is whole a lots of *censored word*, I said this situation should be for everyone no only for men applicants, but they don't care really and us, we can't do anything about it, I'm so pissed, I was hoping that something will change on your file on Friday Don't know what to do

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It is great that you are going for a visit. I went on Dec and came back Jan 11th and I used all my vacations. It was great but also heartbreaking at the airport and also from day 1 I had to think about the end of the trip. I only get three weeks of vacation and I can hardly get an unpaid leave in this situation. It is not a very stable market in Canada for some professions and I need to keep my job if I am sponsoring.

manitobagirl said:
Hello everyone. Strenght2- i feel your pain, we are all stuck. Ok your husbands ( Sara Joon) is from Iran, but what about ours? Mine is from Georgia, and i know Ahmelina23 husband is also from a different country than Iran. And we are all still waiting, it doesn't matter from which country. All i know it is a pure discrimination against our husband's. Wife's are getting green lights.I will wait a bit, then we have to start doing something about this.
Anyways, i got my GCMS notes. It does say that my MP called v/o and was updated on a file.And what i have noticed: Eligibility - passed, Due date 2017/08/22.Same under criminality and security- it has a due date, which we did not have it before.
Under Security ( blank ) page and in the right upper corner s.15(1), s.19(1).. And i am not sure what application 2 and 3 for.
Anyways it is confusing to read it.My assignment due date is April 13,2017. I don't want to put hopes on that date, i will watch and see. I am sick and tired of the whole process, but i am planning to go and see my husband in Georgia again. As i promise my husband every 3-4 months until this hell is over.
Ladies, keep praying. God will answer

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It seems someone got PR for her husband from Iran. Mona told me and I checked applyabroad (the Persian forum). His file was transferred to Ankara march 2nd and was DM march 20th. He didn't do any military service. The application was filed 18th Oct and the sponsor was approved 15th Feb. sponsor was living in Iran for two years and came to Canada just before application was sent.

I am surprised why Ankara does not do ours from 2016. If I am not mistaken Sara Joon and Smirio husbands didn't do any military as well. My husband did just the two months.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength2 said:
It seems someone got PR for her husband from Iran. Mona told me and I checked applyabroad (the Persian forum). His file was transferred to Ankara march 2nd and was DM march 20th. He didn't do any military service. The application was filed 18th Oct and the sponsor was approved 15th Feb. sponsor was living in Iran for two years and came to Canada just before application was sent.

I am surprised why Ankara does not do ours from 2016. If I am not mistaken Sara Joon and Smirio husbands didn't do any military as well. My husband did just the two months.
It's very disappointing when you see that Ankara doesn't finalize older applications but finalizing newer ones :(
My husband had compulsory military service long time ago (which was in a safe zone) but 3.5 months should had been enough to check it! Especially for you, because your husband's check been going on since end of October, they could have checked everything already, it's ridiculous!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Don't know what to say :(!! Sad for our situation But interesting to find one Iranian husband is approved.

Ahmelina23 said:
It's very disappointing when you see that Ankara doesn't finalize older applications but finalizing newer ones :(
My husband had compulsory military service long time ago (which was in a safe zone) but 3.5 months should had been enough to check it! Especially for you, because your husband's check been going on since end of October, they could have checked everything already, it's ridiculous!

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
strength2 said:
Don't know what to say :(!! Sad for our situation But interesting to find one Iranian husband is approved.
My husband got approved last year.. but I honestly don't know why his application was processed less than 2 months! I recently ordered his GCMS notes, what I noticed that there were at least 4 people who worked on his file. The only useful note the officer wrote was that he was satisfied with our proofs as I had send a very thick package and he made a comment about that as well.. My husband's security clearance was done so quickly, even though he had 2 years military service. I think one thing that might have helped us was that he lived in India for more than 2 years so most probably it was easier for the Canadian government to get info on him from India than Iran (that's just my own speculation)!

I really hope you guys hear the good news soon..I keep you guys in my prayers... keep up the hope..