+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
aylar10 said:
My husband got approved last year.. but I honestly don't know why his application was processed less than 2 months! I recently ordered his GCMS notes, what I noticed that there were at least 4 people who worked on his file. The only useful note the officer wrote was that he was satisfied with our proofs as I had send a very thick package and he made a comment about that as well.. My husband's security clearance was done so quickly, even though he had 2 years military service. I think one thing that might have helped us was that he lived in India for more than 2 years so most probably it was easier for the Canadian government to get info on him from India than Iran (that's just my own speculation)!

I really hope you guys hear the good news soon..I keep you guys in my prayers... keep up the hope..
Hi Aylar, is your husband a Turkish citizen? Because if he is, then that's why it was very quick for him. It's way faster for Ankara to process Turkish citizens because they don't have to contact other countries and wait for the requested security/background information which makes sense.

Thank you!)

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
Ahmelina23 said:
Hi Aylar, is your husband a Turkish citizen? Because if he is, then that's why it was very quick for him. It's way faster for Ankara to process Turkish citizens because they don't have to contact other countries and wait for the requested security/background information which makes sense.

Thank you!)
No, he is Iranian. That's why I think his two years stay in India helped him in terms of his security check.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
Khosro1380 said:
My application is still within the normal processing time so I can't sign your petition but as soon as it goes beyond 8 months I will happily sign any petition that you guys prepare. And for your information here's the summary of my application:

Application filed: 28 Sep. 2016
Main applicant's status changed to "in process" in Ankara: 9 Nov. 2016
Background check in progress: At least since 14 Dec. 2016
Medicals: Passed
I have received no correspondence from Ankara and don't know anything about my application after I linked it on 14 Dec. 2016

If you want to know my opinion, I think Ankara works very arbitrarily and has no logic! Some officers are responsible people and do their job fast and some others are totally irresponsible and don't care!
Hello Khosro,

Have you ordered your GCMS note? I think it's way more useful than sending enquiries (which take 28 business days at the best case) and trying to get in touch with Ankara. Our case is only one week after yours and just 2 weeks after my file was transferred to Ankara they were done with Eligibility and Criminality (and of course Medical).

GCMS notes takes a month to get prepared, but it is worth it.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
strength2 said:
Hello Khosro,

I am happy you found us and joined the forum. We don't know any husband case approved in Ankara since May except two husbands who were Turkish. All other people at least those on this forum are just waiting. We will be six cases for husband applications with you. Here is the summary. Please also update your profile so that everyone can see the important dates related to your application

Strength2 (myself) applied 31 May, Iran, no interview, background check /security screening since 24 Oct
Ahmelina 1st June, Azarbaijan/Russia, interview mid dec
manitobagirl May, Gorgia, interview Dec
Smirio, 15 May, Iran, no interview
Sara Joon 7 June, Iran, no interview

They say they don't reply to enquires if it is within the processing time (8 months for Iran) but they don't even replied to my enquiry sent on Feb 21st.

You may order a GCMS note and you will get the result in a month and that may give you some clue but if you are done on everything and only security is left no one can do anything and you just have to wait.

I am thinking we should sign a petition or go public about this case but we are just waiting a little bit more hoping it comes within a year and before the medical gets expired.
My application is still within the normal processing time so I can't sign your petition but as soon as it goes beyond 8 months I will happily sign any petition that you guys prepare. And for my information here's the summary of my application:

I have received no correspondence from Ankara and don't know anything about my application after I linked it on 14 Dec. 2016

If you want to know my opinion, I think Ankara works very arbitrarily and has no logic! Some officers are responsible people and do their job fast and some others are totally irresponsible and don't care!

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
mona_momeni said:
Hello Khosro,

Have you ordered your GCMS note? I think it's way more useful than sending enquiries (which take 28 business days at the best case) and trying to get in touch with Ankara. Our case is only one week after yours and just 2 weeks after my file was transferred to Ankara they were done with Eligibility and Criminality (and of course Medical).

GCMS notes takes a month to get prepared, but it is worth it.
No, I havent ordered GCMS notes yet! I will wait a couple of more weeks to see what will happen and then will order it. After getting your GCMS notes, couldn't you figure out what they are waiting for to issue your visa? Could you realize if it's the security check which is holding your application or if there are other reasons.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
Hi friends,

Does any of you see "Conditional: Yes" in your Eligibility Assessment section? Mine has the Status Passed and is updated on Nov. 22 and its due date is Nov 3, 2017. Is this referring to the same "Conditional" as for the conditional permanent residency for couples who have lived for less than 2 years or don't have any children? Or it is referring to the fact that the security is not yet complete?

Thanks.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
Khosro1380 said:
No, I havent ordered GCMS notes yet! I will wait a couple of more weeks to see what will happen and then will order it. After getting your GCMS notes, couldn't you figure out what they are waiting for to issue your visa? Could you realize if it's the security check which is holding your application or if there are other reasons.
My personal opinion, I don't generalize it though, is that Ankara is done with my case. I have passed all parts except security by now. So, yes. For sure the application is now stuck in security check and I guess they have shared my information with a few organizations. I expect that when such organization official process is done, they will reply back to Ankara and Ankara will update me. It is very difficult to bear this long waiting time, and my medical will expire on Jun 30. I will pray for everyone to get their visa.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
mona_momeni said:
My personal opinion, I don't generalize it though, is that Ankara is done with my case. I have passed all parts except security by now. So, yes. For sure the application is now stuck in security check and I guess they have shared my information with a few organizations. I expect that when such organization official process is done, they will reply back to Ankara and Ankara will update me. It is very difficult to bear this long waiting time, and my medical will expire on Jun 30. I will pray for everyone to get their visa.
Hi Mona
How come your medical expires in June isn't it valid for one year?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Vow I always thought your husband is Turkish. You were the only one who was successful for husband sponsorship and one more applicant from Turkey.

aylar10 said:
No, he is Iranian. That's why I think his two years stay in India helped him in terms of his security check.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Thank you. It will be great if you can enter these info in your profile so that it will be displayed under your name every time. Otherwise we have to come back to this post to check.

Khosro1380 said:
My application is still within the normal processing time so I can't sign your petition but as soon as it goes beyond 8 months I will happily sign any petition that you guys prepare. And for my information here's the summary of my application:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi,

I had conditional yes as well but don't know what it means.

mona_momeni said:
Hi friends,

Does any of you see "Conditional: Yes" in your Eligibility Assessment section? Mine has the Status Passed and is updated on Nov. 22 and its due date is Nov 3, 2017. Is this referring to the same "Conditional" as for the conditional permanent residency for couples who have lived for less than 2 years or don't have any children? Or it is referring to the fact that the security is not yet complete?

Thanks.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
security is the holding case for many of us. My husband case is in security screening since 24 Oct. Ankara confirmed this in reply to the MP that the file is in security screening since then and that for "security reason" they cannot disclose anything about security to anyone including MP. Also that's the day background check went to in progress in myCIC.

But what do you mean Ankara is done while security is not done? It has been 5 months already for him. If Ankara is waiting for any info from Iran government I bet Iran will not disclose any info about anyone because as I explained before they cannot disclose for some and hide for some so simply they ignore all and keep quite. So what's next? Will Ankara wait for a year for hearing nothing? I wish I knew whats going on and whats the procedure.

You are lucky in a sense because most probably they are not waiting for Iran for any security info for you as this is the case for Iranian women. If they are waiting for Iran it is a non end waiting time and they are wasting our lives.

I am working in Canada for 9 years and paid the max tax to the government as a single professional woman working for pure Canadian companies. I have a contract with my current company that if I leave before 2 years I have to pay them a huge penalty. They put this because they need me otherwise most companies here will put we will lay you off with 2 weeks notice if required instead of not letting you resign for two years. But if they need me I need my husband too. If CIC will pay the penalty to my company I am fine to leave and stay with my husband. I am tired of this really.

mona_momeni said:

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
Sara Joon said:
Hi Mona
How come your medical expires in June isn't it valid for one year?
Hi Sara joon, that's correct, I took the medical test on june 30, then I applied in sepetember and my file seemed to have a wrong address and eventually they got and registered it on Oct. 5. My bad timing to give medical 3 months before mailing the application :(

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Does anyone have any note/activity update by GL00560 or SB10820 in their GCMS notes? That's the initial for the person who wrote the major comments in our case.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
aylar10 said:
Oh sorry, for some reason I thought you are Turkish) Hmm India is one of the slowest VO, but maybe be they're quicker in responding and you definitely got lucky which is great!

Hi friends,
Thanks.
Yes, and this most likely refers to Condition 51, for couples who lived together for a short period of time. It means that he/she will have to live with the sponsor for 2 years after becoming a PR. Condition 51 applies to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.

"The sponsored spouse must cohabit in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. If they do not remain in the relationship, the sponsored spouse’s status could be revoked."

"As a result of the introduction of conditional permanent residence, additional investigations may be undertaken in cases where there is reason to believe that the condition is not being met or has not been met. CIC plans to perform random assessments of the overall level of compliance on an ongoing basis.

The measure also provides another means for enforcement action in instances of marriage fraud, including issuing removal orders to fraudulent spouses on the basis of non-compliance. This could in turn lead to their removal from Canada."