+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Güzelyol said:
Just out of curiosity, are you from Azerbaidjan? Since your wife is, I assume you are also. As my husband is Turkmen (from Afghanistan), I'm somehow interested in all Turkic languages. Actually, I started learning Turkish before I met him. Anyway, I'm pleased to see we're not the only non-Iranian couple out there!
Yes, I am from Azerbaijan as well as my wife. Azerbaijani language is something between Turkish and Turkmen languages, we have many words in common but sounding little differently, e.g. shalvar-shalbar. Azerbaijani has many Persian and Arab words; I think Turkmen does not have. Turkish language had same words as Azerbaijani but they replaced all those Persian and Arab words with English and French words, and for foreign words they translated their meaning, e.g. computer - bilgisayar, which means computer/calculator of knowledge. So, Turkish understand Azerbaijani better than Azerbaijanis what Turkish people speak :)

afarin

Jan 14, 2013
Hello,

I have a parent sponsorship application files in May 2008.

I received request for documents on Nov 2011. we got approved on August 2012 and our file was transferred to Ankara Turkey.

at the end of November 2012, the status in e-cas show "Start Processing".

Does anybody have any timeline for how long would it take before we being requested for Medical exam?

Thanks in advance

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
hahaha, my bad! I thought we were discussing nationalities, not languages :D

True, Georgian is not a Turkic language. Apparently, it has its own little family of languages ;)
Yeah, we were discussing nationalities, then I thought: hey, Azeri is also a Turkic language!

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Godzilla9 said:
Yes, I am from Azerbaijan as well as my wife. Azerbaijani language is something between Turkish and Turkmen languages, we have many words in common but sounding little differently, e.g. shalvar-shalbar. Azerbaijani has many Persian and Arab words; I think Turkmen does not have. Turkish language had same words as Azerbaijani but they replaced all those Persian and Arab words with English and French words, and for foreign words they translated their meaning, e.g. computer - bilgisayar, which means computer/calculator of knowledge. So, Turkish understand Azerbaijani better than Azerbaijanis what Turkish people speak :)
What fascinates me the most is the use of suffixes in these languages plus the syntax (word order). When I translate something from Turkish to French, I must do it from the end to the beginning of the sentence. It's gymnastics for the brain and I love it!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Güzelyol said:
What fascinates me the most is the use of suffixes in these languages plus the syntax (word order). When I translate something from Turkish to French, I must do it from the end to the beginning of the sentence. It's gymnastics for the brain and I love it!
Well, OK! I like languages, so I'll pitch in :D

I'm learning Russian and Georgian (you can imagine what a mess it is in our house- language-wise) In Russian, the concept of cases fascinates me. Technically Georgian also uses cases, but in Russian they also apply cases to proper nouns, which has landed me in a few funny situations- for example they might change Maria to Mario, depending on the case, but it's actually the girl's name "Maria" and I shouldn't call her "Mario" :) I guess live and learn, eh?

I totally know what you mean by brain gymnastics!

Still not a Turkic language, though!

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
afarin said:
Hello,

I have a parent sponsorship application files in May 2008.

I received request for documents on Nov 2011. we got approved on August 2012 and our file was transferred to Ankara Turkey.

at the end of November 2012, the status in e-cas show "Start Processing".

Does anybody have any timeline for how long would it take before we being requested for Medical exam?

Thanks in advance
hey afarin jan,
as we all applying through spousal sponsorship category we have no idea about parent sponsorship processing time
i suggest u 2 have a look at the following thread n may ask them your Q
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.0.html
hope it may help ;)

afarin

Jan 14, 2013
Thanks Nelly.

I have been advised by another champion member to place my question in this thread as well as Parent Thread which unfortunately have not received any response yet.

Thanks anyway.

CanTurk

Nov 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
14-Dec-2012
File Transfer...
07-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
11-Oct-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-Jun-2013
LANDED..........
09-Jun-2013
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know how long it takes for the application to reach Ankara from Ottawa? Does the Ankara VO issue like an AOR via email?

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afarin said:
Thanks Nelly.

I have been advised by another champion member to place my question in this thread as well as Parent Thread which unfortunately have not received any response yet.

Thanks anyway.
Parents sponsorship in Ankara takes about 4 years from your aproval date. So about 46 months. I would imagine they would ask for medicals about 3 years from the date of your aproval. So probably around August of 2015. My father also applied in the parents category for his mom and he applied in Nov 2009. He just received his UCID few weeks ago!

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanTurk said:
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know how long it takes for the application to reach Ankara from Ottawa? Does the Ankara VO issue like an AOR via email?
From what I've heard, it usually takes 1 week for the application to arrive in Ankara. But this office does not give out AORs. So you probably won't hear from them until your status changes to in progress. For most people it takes about 45 days for their status to change to in progress, for others this may never happen. It all depends on the VO. I'm in the same boat as you.I got my aproval few days after you did. So our applications may have gone there at the same time!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
CanTurk said:
Hi Everyone,
Hi CanTurk,

As mamad2020 already mentioned, unfortunately Ankara doesn't issue AORs. I really wish it was different!

It takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks for the files to reach the visa office. As for the "In Process", not much I can say. We applied in May, and got transferred in July, and we are still application received, and as far as I know, we are still in the queue to be looked at. However, there is another group, mainly Iranian applicants who have applied even after us, and generally see the In Process in 2 months time or less, and they have already started to receive their visas.

However, as far as I have observed, no one has been changed to In Process after the end of October 2012.

In any case, these are just my rough observations. I'd say there is not much to theorize with this proces unfortunately, and the transfer of files from Damascus to Ankara has made the process for most people a lot less smooth. We can keep our fingers crossed though :)

Best wishes.

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
Hi CanTurk,

As mamad2020 already mentioned, unfortunately Ankara doesn't issue AORs. I really wish it was different!

It takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks for the files to reach the visa office. As for the "In Process", not much I can say. We applied in May, and got transferred in July, and we are still application received, and as far as I know, we are still in the queue to be looked at. However, there is another group, mainly Iranian applicants who have applied even after us, and generally see the In Process in 2 months time or less, and they have already started to receive their visas.

However, as far as I have observed, no one has been changed to In Process after the end of October 2012.

In any case, these are just my rough observations. I'd say there is not much to theorize with this proces unfortunately, and the transfer of files from Damascus to Ankara has made the process for most people a lot less smooth. We can keep our fingers crossed though :)

Best wishes.
I've seen anything between 1 week to 3 months for some people to have their status changed to in-progress.
BCGirl, do you know the reason why your application may have taken so long to be looked at? Was it a complicated file if you don't mind me asking? I don't understand why so many people after you have been receiving their visas. Hope that you hear from them very very soon and you hear good news.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
mamad2020 said:
I've seen anything between 1 week to 3 months for some people to have their status changed to in-progress.
BCGirl, do you know the reason why your application may have taken so long to be looked at? Was it a complicated file if you don't mind me asking? I don't understand why so many people after you have been receiving their visas. Hope that you hear from them very very soon and you hear good news.
Thanks mamad2020! I hope you guys also receive your PR very soon.

We don't have any complications to be honest- again based on my observations, there are a couple of us, who are all non-Iranian applicants, whose files weren't looked at. None of us are In Process yet. It might be a simple reason of resource allocation in Ankara. I don't really know what to say, since we don't have enough data to speculate. Only a few cases that we see on the forum can't be conclusive in anyway.

Having said that, I should add that I know a couple of applicants in Ankara who got their PR without ever changing to In Process. From what they told me, they just got the PPR email and afterwards, eCAS updated to DM for them. I guess it is the officer's discrection as to when they update the online status.

Based on our GCMS notes I know our case wasn't looked at till the end of November. After that I'm not sure, but somehow I suspect it is still the same :-\

This is getting really too stretched. I really feel for people who applied before us and don't have any news whatsoever!

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
I am sooooooooooooooo happy. eCAS changed to IN PROCESS ;D
The date is 14 January 2013.
I started losing hope.

I wish luck to all of you, my friends! Hope all we will get PPR soon. We can have a reunion in Canada after 20 years of family life somewhere in Canada and recall these stressful days and how we supported each other :)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Godzilla9 said:
I am sooooooooooooooo happy. eCAS changed to IN PROCESS ;D
The date is 14 January 2013.
I started losing hope.

I wish luck to all of you, my friends! Hope all we will get PPR soon. We can have a reunion in Canada after 20 years of family life somewhere in Canada and recall these stressful days and how we supported each other :)
Yaaaaaay :):) Really happy to see things moving for you! Reunion sounds like a good idea :D