+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Yes, it's sounds like discrimination when it comes to husband's. And Government doesn't do anything about it. Myself, I spoke to my MP again, he told me to call him next week. My lawyer is working on my file as well. One thing remains for sure, I will not just seat quietly anymore. I also tried many times to link my application to mycic, and not successful. I am waiting for gcms notes that I ordered back in February, and will go from there.
I believe VO should have some kind of form of communication with people, and not just keeping quiet. After all visa application it's not free, and they should not treat people like that. Even here in Canada, when I am trying to call Immigration you can't even get hold of the representative. And eventually when you get somebody on the other line, answer is the same- contact your visa office. Feels like you are walking around the circle. Have you look at e-cas, last time it was modified on Jan,27.2017. When I see this date, I don't even want to proceed anymore because I know it's old information. That's how Canada reunite families.
Just keep praying girls. I hope some officials read this forum, and if they care, something has to be done about this.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Exactly and I'd rather pay 2000 dollars if they think 1000 dollar (RPF and application fee) is not enough to hire enough people to reply to applicants. They can charge as much as they need but reply people with technical difficulties or other stuff.

As for myCIC try what I explained. submit a technical enquiry to the office in Canada. I did that and it worked for me.

manitobagirl said:
Yes, it's sounds like discrimination when it comes to husband's. And Government doesn't do anything about it. Myself, I spoke to my MP again, he told me to call him next week. My lawyer is working on my file as well. One thing remains for sure, I will not just seat quietly anymore. I also tried many times to link my application to mycic, and not successful. I am waiting for gcms notes that I ordered back in February, and will go from there.
I believe VO should have some kind of form of communication with people, and not just keeping quiet. After all visa application it's not free, and they should not treat people like that. Even here in Canada, when I am trying to call Immigration you can't even get hold of the representative. And eventually when you get somebody on the other line, answer is the same- contact your visa office. Feels like you are walking around the circle. Have you look at e-cas, last time it was modified on Jan,27.2017. When I see this date, I don't even want to proceed anymore because I know it's old information. That's how Canada reunite families.
Just keep praying girls. I hope some officials read this forum, and if they care, something has to be done about this.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
manitobagirl said:
Hi manitobagirl! Like everyone on this forum I wish success and end of this waiting period for you and all other friends. Just to clarify it for myself, don't you think that the data of ecas is related to some electronic system maintenance? I mention this because I have heard of people who got their ecas status updated in February and March, for instance. So, the fact is that it is updated for some applicants. However, I too believe that they don't update us with the application very often. :(

I am a woman applicant from Iran and I've been in background check since at least December. I have lived 1 year in Canada and had a trip to US, so I guess these are the reasons for long security checking. Don't know what to do except waiting for gcms notes and enqueries. So frustrating! :'(

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It is all your guess. Are you the sponsor? Security is not related to the sponsor. I am in Canada for 10 years. my husband security is in process since 24 Oct.

mona_momeni said:
Hi manitobagirl! Like everyone on this forum I wish success and end of this waiting period for you and all other friends. Just to clarify it for myself, don't you think that the data of ecas is related to some electronic system maintenance? I mention this because I have heard of people who got their ecas status updated in February and March, for instance. So, the fact is that it is updated for some applicants. However, I too believe that they don't update us with the application very often. :(

I am a woman applicant from Iran and I've been in background check since at least December. I have lived 1 year in Canada and had a trip to US, so I guess these are the reasons for long security checking. Don't know what to do except waiting for gcms notes and enqueries. So frustrating! :'(

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
It is all your guess. Are you the sponsor? Security is not related to the sponsor. I am in Canada for 10 years. my husband security is in process since 24 Oct.
No, my husband is sponsoring me.
I do agree that security for husbands is taking too long. I guess it is related to their military service, however, it is in no way fair.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Some husband didn't do military either.

Ok your travel history may make it longer. I understand your frustration because most wives from Nov have already landed. But still your security started after my husband so don't worry too much.

Did you have to provide police certificate from Canada?

Did your husband send request for getting GCMS notes?

mona_momeni said:
No, my husband is sponsoring me.
I do agree that security for husbands is taking too long. I guess it is related to their military service, however, it is in no way fair.

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Hi, sorry for somewhat unrelated question. For the Iranians:
For the the police certificate from Iran, it says to get it from Police+10 office. How long does it take for Police+10 to produce the report? Is it in Farsi and needs to be translated into english? Any other instructions?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
udub said:
Hi, sorry for somewhat unrelated question. For the Iranians:
For the the police certificate from Iran, it says to get it from Police+10 office. How long does it take for Police+10 to produce the report? Is it in Farsi and needs to be translated into english? Any other instructions?

Thanks in advance for your time.

It takes about 4 days and yes you have to translate it, also you have to do your medical upfront.
Good luck

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
mona_momeni said:

E-cas it's just a useless system. Government just created for you to feel better.
GCMS notes at least gives you some clues.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Even if our husband's has military backgrounds, or services it should not take that long to do background checks.
Strenght2 can you please explain to me how to report those technical difficulties? May be I should try one more time.
This whole process drains all energy out of you.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
Some husband didn't do military either.

Ok your travel history may make it longer. I understand your frustration because most wives from Nov have already landed. But still your security started after my husband so don't worry too much.

Did you have to provide police certificate from Canada?

Did your husband send request for getting GCMS notes?
Hi, thank you. Police certificates was required for all foreign countries where I stayed more that 6 months except Canada. It said that if they need one, I can do it online at some website. Yes, thank you for mentioning, we have already ordered our gcms notes late in February. I had made a mistake in filling the consent form so they contacted after 10 days and requested a new consent form. We submitted it immediately. Don't know if it delays the preparation of the report or not.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
manitobagirl said:
Even if our husband's has military backgrounds, or services it should not take that long to do background checks.
Strenght2 can you please explain to me how to report those technical difficulties? May be I should try one more time.
I remember having some difficulties in linking my paper application too. In my case, I had an old cic account associated with a different email than the one I used in my sponsorship application forms. I created a new cic account with that email and basically did the same thing I was trying before with no chance. Then, it was successful with the first attempt :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
For MyCIC I suggest you go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp. Then there are two questions, first one is have you submitted an application for PR answer yes, second question is did you submit an application to an office outside of Canada put no. It will take you to a new page. Then select technical difficulty from the drop down menu under type of application enquiry. In your enquiry explain that " my file for spouse sponsorship was received in Mississauga on XXX date and was forwarded to Ankara. I have problem linking my application to myCIC since the beginning. I called Ankara but Ankara is extremely busy. I though someone from the myCIC technical team may be able to help me with solving this issue" Take a print screen of the error message you get or explain why it doesn't work.

I forgot how I linked it but I remember I had problem in the beginning as well. I eventually sent a technical enquiry the way I explained above and could link it even before my file was transferred to Ankara.

manitobagirl said:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It generally takes a month to get GCMS notes. Hopefully you will get them beginning of April.

mona_momeni said:
Hi, thank you. Police certificates was required for all foreign countries where I stayed more that 6 months except Canada. It said that if they need one, I can do it online at some website. Yes, thank you for mentioning, we have already ordered our gcms notes late in February. I had made a mistake in filling the consent form so they contacted after 10 days and requested a new consent form. We submitted it immediately. Don't know if it delays the preparation of the report or not.

NGB

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
Doc's Request.
09-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
File Transfer...
14-12-2016
Hi fellows,

I can't believe it!! Yesterday, I sent my new passport as it was requested and today, Decision Made on ecase!!!! and no update for mycic!!!
Is it a relief finally??