+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag said:
Hi everyone!

Hope all is well. It feels like it has been forever since I've been here checking in!

My cousin is currently waiting for his passport to return so I thought I'd come look at your beautiful spreadsheet and see if I can find someone close to his application date!

Good luck to those waiting. All I can say is you're all very strong for doing so, and it's worth the wait!

Going to Turkey for a visit at the end of September, so happy I will not need to visit Ankara!!!
I have a question for all those who now have their spouses here with them. Once your spouse comes here, do you still have to deal with Cic ? Do they still call you in for interviews and ask more questions? I'm just asking because this crazy lady at work said that they will ask us intimate and private questions once we're here. I told her she is wrong but it got me thinking. That would be so uncomfortable!

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
keeponwaiting22, NO they don't ask any further questions... My best friend's wife has been here for 2 years and not once they have been contacted. Just to confirm I asked a few other people at work and none of them have been questioned.

I think your coworker's favorite movie is "The Proposal" lol

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
Anytime,

Just to update you guys, my wife's status just got changed to In Process.
Congratulation hon, wish u more coming good news for you both,
For our application is almost 3 months after in process & still no news :(

keeponwaitig I guess nothing more in August, lets see if any i September,

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your application went in process that means the balls have started rolling again in Ankara! Congratulations ombra!

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hello friends! Thanks for the lovely messages. So I am back in Montreal now… It sucks without my husband :mad: It feels so depressing being back here alone :( But at least I got to spent some with him… That's my silver lining…

Ombra congrats for the "in process", I hope you will get the good new soon! Every time I open my emails and see the CanadaVisa notification with your name, keeponwaiting's and She.D's, I get very excited hoping that you finally received the good news! One day it will happen! ;)

I know it's tough but let's stay positive and not lose hope!

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks Mrs.KOR, that's so sweet of you, all 4 of us are waiting for some good news. It's always nice to spend some time with your spouse. I haven't seen my wife in 7 months and it's getting tough. I just hope they give us some good news. Labour day is coming up and the embassy will be closed in Ankara.

*Fingers Crossed* Don't lose hope guys...

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.KOR said:
Hello friends! Thanks for the lovely messages. So I am back in Montreal now... It sucks without my husband :mad: It feels so depressing being back here alone :( But at least I got to spent some with him... That's my silver lining...

Ombra congrats for the "in process", I hope you will get the good new soon! Every time I open my emails and see the CanadaVisa notification with your name, keeponwaiting's and She.D's, I get very excited hoping that you finally received the good news! One day it will happen! ;)

I know it's tough but let's stay positive and not lose hope!

Thank you sweetie, really happy you guys had some time together especially as its summer and all those funs,
we had all better reunion with our beloved as it seems getting a bit longer than we expect.
I guess it's about time they realised it's not easy to be that much far from your partner!

we have to be really strong & keep on being strong just like the first days we sent our application :)

lets hope for the bests,

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally got it after 9 months! My fingers are shaking as I write this. My heart was beating so hard it was coming out of my chest! I still can't believe it, it feels like a dream.

I'm so dizzy right now!

I pray that all of you get your golden emails soon! I gotta feeling there will be lots if emails this month because of the long 5 month slow period Ankara has had.

3 days ago was our anniversary and we haven't seen each other since this time last year. I'm going to finally see my husband and hug him. No More Skype!!!!

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very veryyyy happy for you dear!! You have been extremely patient and now it's paying off :) We needed to hear good news, now I feel full of hope :)

keeponwaiting22 said:
I finally got it after 9 months! My fingers are shaking as I write this. My heart was beating so hard it was coming out of my chest! I still can't believe it, it feels like a dream.

I'm so dizzy right now!

I pray that all of you get your golden emails soon! I gotta feeling there will be lots if emails this month because of the long 5 month slow period Ankara has had.

3 days ago was our anniversary and we haven't seen each other since this time last year. I'm going to finally see my husband and hug him. No More Skype!!!!

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys

I am soooo happy for you both, congratulation, wish you coming years; full of love & happiness with your beloved,

btw did you receive any email (inbox or spam)!! or from status update?!

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for your kind words!

The email was in my inbox. Status check is useless cuz it won't get updated till days later.

By the way, does anybody know if there is a fee to pay once they go to Ankara to get their visa? It doesn't say anything in the letter but just want to make sure.

Ombra, is your wife Turkish or Iranian? I'm just asking because I want to know if she is going to Ankara or mailing it.