File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
my husband called me yesterday.. he is in so much danger in syria right now :'( :( i dont know what to do!! i dont even know who to contact about this. Does anyone here have any information on who to contact about issues like this?

hes in danger and amman takes 14 months + to complete our applications!! this is ridiculous!!! :'(

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
CKnD said:
Thank you very much Khalid for the info. So looking it over, it will be a real pain on my wife to come to Canada on a visitors visa only to be possibly bouncing around to Iraq and Amman, especially for my wife who has never traveled outside Iraq. :'( .. sigh .. too bad
You're very welcome!

roro2012

Jul 16, 2012
baghdad, iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
amman VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
9-8-2012
File Transfer...
9-8-2012 in process 14-2-2013
Med's Done....
first 15-1-2012 second 28-5-2013
Passport Req..
25-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
هلو شونكم

اني جديدة بهذا المنتدى بس دائما اتابع اخابركم
كان عندي استفسار اني زوجي حاليا بكندا سوالي معاملة سحب الزوجة
وبدة بيها ودزها لمسيساكا حتى يحصل على الموافقة الاولية وكان بتاريخ 1-5-2012
طبعن احتمال الموافقة تطلع بعد 20 يوم او اكثر حسب الموقع سؤالي هو
متى تصل المعاملة الى عمان بعد الحصول على الموافقة ؟
وحسب رايكم شوكت تطلع الفيزا بعد وصول المعاملة الى عمان؟
لانه اني تعتبر المعاملة رح توصل مباشرة الى عمان يعني مو مثل البعض بهذا المنتدى راحت بالبداية الى سوريا
فيا ريت اللي يكدر ينطيني فكرة او حتى يتوقع شوكت اكدر احصل الفيزا اكون ممنونة الكم

رح اكتب التواريخ مرة اخرة
1-5-2012 المعاملة تم ارسالها الى مسيساكا
حسب الموقع المدة هي 91 يعني احتمال 1-8-2012 نحصل الموافقة

واخيرا اني اسفة كتبت باللغة العربية لانه اني لغتي الانكليزية مو تمام
وشكرا
اختكم من العراق

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
roro2012 said:
هلو شونكم

اني جديدة بهذا المنتدى بس دائما اتابع اخابركم
كان عندي استفسار اني زوجي حاليا بكندا سوالي معاملة سحب الزوجة
وبدة بيها ودزها لمسيساكا حتى يحصل على الموافقة الاولية وكان بتاريخ 1-5-2012
طبعن احتمال الموافقة تطلع بعد 20 يوم او اكثر حسب الموقع سؤالي هو
متى تصل المعاملة الى عمان بعد الحصول على الموافقة ؟
وحسب رايكم شوكت تطلع الفيزا بعد وصول المعاملة الى عمان؟
لانه اني تعتبر المعاملة رح توصل مباشرة الى عمان يعني مو مثل البعض بهذا المنتدى راحت بالبداية الى سوريا
فيا ريت اللي يكدر ينطيني فكرة او حتى يتوقع شوكت اكدر احصل الفيزا اكون ممنونة الكم

رح اكتب التواريخ مرة اخرة
1-5-2012 المعاملة تم ارسالها الى مسيساكا
حسب الموقع المدة هي 91 يعني احتمال 1-8-2012 نحصل الموافقة

واخيرا اني اسفة كتبت باللغة العربية لانه اني لغتي الانكليزية مو تمام
وشكرا
اختكم من العراق
is it possible to post in English too? maybe more ppl can help u :)

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
hello my friends
well today i went to the embassy to ask my application at first they didnt let me in, so i started talking to them and saying that i have been waiting for almost 16 months, they tell me to wait until the embassy contact me and only to send them emails so i said i send to many emails but no reply so after about 30 minute talking to them they let me in to ask, so i went to visa section and i talked to a lady she said that they working hard i said i know but i need some info about my application so she asked about my application number and my passport then she said that they going to contact me after 3 weeks or a month and they are working on application received in Jan Feb and march, she also told me to come again after three weeks to check, well i didnt believe in what she say because i cant guarantee if she telling the truth but i hope she did, i also asked if they giving visas to other ppl under family class sponsorship she answered yes so i hope all of us hear good news from amman embassy soon, so thats what i got and wanted to share with you. good luck everyone.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
musab said:
hello my friends
well today i went to the embassy to ask my application at first they didnt let me in, so i started talking to them and saying that i have been waiting for almost 16 months, they tell me to wait until the embassy contact me and only to send them emails so i said i send to many emails but no reply so after about 30 minute talking to them they let me in to ask, so i went to visa section and i talked to a lady she said that they working hard i said i know but i need some info about my application so she asked about my application number and my passport then she said that they going to contact me after 3 weeks or a month and they are working on application received in Jan Feb and march, she also told me to come again after three weeks to check, well i didnt believe in what she say because i cant guarantee if she telling the truth but i hope she did, i also asked if they giving visas to other ppl under family class sponsorship she answered yes so i hope all of us hear good news from amman embassy soon, so thats what i got and wanted to share with you. good luck everyone.
hi musab thanks for sharing anc glad u managed to talk to someone; the working on jan/feb/mar applications does she refer to jan/feb/mar of this year or last year?? i guess last year no? (which hopefully means that by next year this time we will have the visa too inshallah, i so wish sooner!!!!)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
I.kat said:
my husband called me yesterday.. he is in so much danger in syria right now :'( :( i dont know what to do!! i dont even know who to contact about this. Does anyone here have any information on who to contact about issues like this?

hes in danger and amman takes 14 months + to complete our applications!! this is ridiculous!!! :'(
i'm so sorry :'( it's really bad there right now i know :'(

unfortunately i don't know what u can do; try anything i guess: send them email, call, make an appointment with an MP and explain the situation; the problem is that they have some guidelines to follow, checks to do and also maybe there r ppl in the exact same situation who applied before;

what i would do i would try to apply for a visit visa for him - u can apply through amman embassy also, write in the cover letter how unsafe it is there and u want him next to u until he gets the pr visa; the chances r not high but u never know considering the circumstances

good luck!!

Canada-Girl2012

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-13-2011
AOR Received.
April-26-2011
File Transfer...
Lebanon
Med's Done....
Med #1 (Dec-12-2011) Med #2 (January 2013)
Interview........
Dec-12-2011
Passport Req..
March 19/2013 (Thank you Jesus ! )
I.kat said:

My applicant is in the exact same situation. It has been almost 15 months of stage 2. There are bombings all around his area in Damascus and missiles. When going to work especially he feels very unsafe. He has sent plenty of emails to the embassy, to his MP and I have contacted CIC many times and all they say is to send an email. He has completed his interview and medicals received since almost 8 months ago but we are afraid that leaving Damascus will affect his application for permanent residence. I am saying this because his friends who were sponsored through Damascus visa office got a call from the UN to collect their passports and they travelled from Syria to Canada and not from Amman.

Canadian0406

May 14, 2012
musab said:
hello my friends
hey, were you at the Embassy in Amman? and is it for jan-feb-mar of 2011 or 2012?…. and when u asked her for giving Visa's do u mean like a visitors visa?

roro2012

Jul 16, 2012
baghdad, iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
amman VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
9-8-2012
File Transfer...
9-8-2012 in process 14-2-2013
Med's Done....
first 15-1-2012 second 28-5-2013
Passport Req..
25-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
HI every one (salam alaykom)

I am new in this forum and i always enter this form to see what happen with your application ;)
my husband lives in canada and he applied for sponsorship application.
our application filled in 20-4-2012
and we send it to messessaga in 1-5-2012 as the cic website says step 1 is about 91 days so i think we will get our sponsorship approval in 3-8-2012 or so

so here is my Questions

1-What is the time it takes to transfer the application from canada to amman VO after approval(stage 1)
2- what is the time it takes to get the visa from amman coz my application sent directly to amman VO ?. by the way this question depends on what guys you think so pls answer me :(

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Canada-Girl2012 said:
My applicant is in the exact same situation. It has been almost 15 months of stage 2. There are bombings all around his area in Damascus and missiles. When going to work especially he feels very unsafe. He has sent plenty of emails to the embassy, to his MP and I have contacted CIC many times and all they say is to send an email. He has completed his interview and medicals received since almost 8 months ago but we are afraid that leaving Damascus will affect his application for permanent residence. I am saying this because his friends who were sponsored through Damascus visa office got a call from the UN to collect their passports and they travelled from Syria to Canada and not from Amman.
honey i think ur husband's friends applied through another program not family sponsorship; maybe if it's refugee program the rules r different; but for family sponsorship he does not need to keep residing in Syria; he is Iraqi citizen and based on that Amman will continue processing his application; we r in similar situation: the applicant is Syrian, embassy is Amman but he is not in Syria (he was not there either when we started the process, that's a difference)
the only problem leaving is making sure that they can still contact u - by phone, mail (maybe he needs to change the mailing address, etc)
if u want call CIC in Canada and ask them, it's a general question, so they can confirm what i say too :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
roro2012 said:

I am new in this forum and i always enter this form to see what happen with your application ;)
and we send it to messessaga in 1-5-2012 as the cic website says step 1 is about 91 days so i think we will get our sponsorship approval in 3-8-2012 or so

so here is my Questions

1-What is the time it takes to transfer the application from canada to amman VO after approval(stage 1)
2- what is the time it takes to get the visa from amman coz my application sent directly to amman VO ?. by the way this question depends on what guys you think so pls answer me :(
salam roro :) and thank u for translating

the file transfer happens in the same time with the sponsor approval; the day ur husband gets the approval is also considered the day of the transfer; they will actually do 2 diferent kind of transfers - one online the forms maybe - that it's done automatically; and also there is the phisical transfer of the file - supporting documents, etc through diplomatic mail and that takes around 2 weeks

for step 2 processing u start counting from the day the file is transfered (not the day ur file arrived to missisauga); since amman is new VO there is no processing time posted but ppl say that it's close to damascus processing time, around 14 months

most of our friends here have waited for more than 1 year, there r very few lucky ones too who got it faster; u can get an idea from this table

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AvUIlfP2inMIdGFINDdqRkw4eElCLWVKWEJ4MGVEbmc

it's better not too expect anything too soon and get mentally ready for a long wait; like if it's shorter inshallah, it will really b nice surprise ;) welcome and try to relax; it's way too early to b upset ;) good luck!!

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
Canada-Girl2012 said:

Omg i cannot believe this!! his life is threatened and still no reply? 15 months!? r u still able to contact him whenever you like? cuz there r times i cannot reach my husband and its always the days where its really bad in syria. im always so worried and terrified for his safety!

i hope no harm happens to your hubby and INSHALLAH you will get a pr request soooon !

this is terrible! i honestly thought they would help those in syria first due to the situation there!

i sent them an email on saturday and i called
them on sunday obviously they didnt let me speak to anyone but for some reason i think they will purposely delay our application

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
missmini said:
i'm so sorry :'( it's really bad there right now i know :'(

unfortunately i don't know what u can do; try anything i guess: send them email, call, make an appointment with an MP and explain the situation; the problem is that they have some guidelines to follow, checks to do and also maybe there r ppl in the exact same situation who applied before;

what i would do i would try to apply for a visit visa for him - u can apply through amman embassy also, write in the cover letter how unsafe it is there and u want him next to u until he gets the pr visa; the chances r not high but u never know considering the circumstances

good luck!!

i think that is the only solution ive got is to apply for a visitor visa! reading canada girl's post ive sort of lost hope! shes been in the same situation for 15 months and she received no help, what makes me think i will and ive been waiting less than one month ( stage 2) Allah y7meehom what else can i say

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
roro2012 said:

so here is my Questions

Salam Alaykum roro2012

Nice to see some more people within my time frame (stage 1). So far that makes u me and I.Kat within the same time frame.
I talked to CiC and they told me that it takes about 1-2 weeks to get from messessaga to Amman VO ( but who knows if that info is really correct ).
as for your second question ... well I dont think anyone can give you a direct answer as it seems to be different for everyone.