July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
Oh wow

Thanks for all the MP info ladies and gentlemen, lots of solid info here. I'm going to look into this some more

thanks again

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
missmini said:
usually an MP can inquiry abt ur process for u; many embassies don't answer to emails or calls from the applicants, but they SHOULD answer to the MP which asks on ur behalf and also they SHOULD answer much faster

however they cannot speed any application and many will refuse to do an inquiry if the file didn't pass the average processing time (or they say they inquiry but they actually don't)

also their inquiry has to b very specific: if u just ask when i'll get the visa, how long it still takes, probably they don't have any definate answer; but if u inquiry abt things like: did the embassy receive my updated mailing address, passport documents, medicals then they might b able to confirm that with u; later in the process they will also b able to say if the background checks r done, or security checks, if the interview is waived, etc

some ppl argue and cic also states that in the guides that inquiring before the average processing times might actually delay the process; noone can say if it's true or not: maybe when u inquiry they will take out the file from a queue and u loose the turn; just something to keep in mind
i send inquiry after 14 months but no reply yet, is it mean that i lose my turn i dont know did they even check no one know, i called send fax's but nothing work, all i can do is wait im in my way to 16 months and i hope to hear something soon insha allah me and rest of you.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
musab said:
i send inquiry after 14 months but no reply yet, is it mean that i lose my turn i dont know did they even check no one know, i called send fax's but nothing work, all i can do is wait im in my way to 16 months and i hope to hear something soon insha allah me and rest of you.
it's already done so no need to think abt it too much!! it won't help!! i think u r so close now :)
i don't think so cuz u already waited long time; it would not make sense!! but i don't know exactly how they work and what they do with the file in case of an inquiry; i don't think anyone knows for sure; they put that in the guide just to make sure probably that ppl think twice before they inquire (especially after short time); like this they will b able to actually focus on processing files rather than answering inquiries all day long

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
missmini said:
it's already done so no need to think abt it too much!! it won't help!! i think u r so close now :)
i don't think so cuz u already waited long time; it would not make sense!! but i don't know exactly how they work and what they do with the file in case of an inquiry; i don't think anyone knows for sure; they put that in the guide just to make sure probably that ppl think twice before they inquire (especially after short time); like this they will b able to actually focus on processing files rather than answering inquiries all day long
I hate how chaotic this process is and how nothing is in order. We are just suppose to sit here and wait, put our life on hold and just wait without any answers or anything. It's so frustrating and it's such a shame that this is happening by the Canadian government that is all about equal privileges and humane considerations but then you realize they completely fail in their immigration process.

I guess today is one of those really frustrating day for me where I have lost all patience.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
feverdreams said:
I hate how chaotic this process is and how nothing is in order. We are just suppose to sit here and wait, put our life on hold and just wait without any answers or anything. It's so frustrating and it's such a shame that this is happening by the Canadian government that is all about equal privileges and humane considerations but then you realize they completely fail in their immigration process.

I guess today is one of those really frustrating day for me where I have lost all patience.
don't worry at least we r in this process and in some kind of countdown ;D i remember a year ago we were still preparing the application and had to wait for some documents months and months and thinking what a nice feeling would b to just have eveything ready and send and finally b in a countdown :)

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Ok ladies and gentlemen I have some questions that i never seem to get a straight answer for when talking to CiC

Its regarding the temp visa. ( visitor's visa ) to be exact.
1. Can I apply for this visa while also doing my sponsorship, from what I am understand I can, yet CiC always tells me different stories.
2. If my wife gets its, what happens if they request an interview ? can she do it here in Canada, or does she have to go to Amman to do it ?
3. If they request another medical or police report can they be done here in Canada while she is here ?
4. If she is in Canada on a visitor's visa, and her PR is approved, again does she have to go to Amman to pick it up or can in be sent to a Canadian address ?

Thank you for your time

ayad

Oct 3, 2011
Also for some more questions about the visit visa what is the exact place we send it too and how do I pay for it??

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
ayad said:
Also for some more questions about the visit visa what is the exact place we send it too and how do I pay for it??
If my information is correct you can apply for it online like the PR sponsorship. You can pay online and it will also go to Amman and can take 3-4 months. Can anyone verify this info ?

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
CKnD said:
Ok ladies and gentlemen I have some questions that i never seem to get a straight answer for when talking to CiC

Its regarding the temp visa. ( visitor's visa ) to be exact.
1. Can I apply for this visa while also doing my sponsorship, from what I am understand I can, yet CiC always tells me different stories.
2. If my wife gets its, what happens if they request an interview ? can she do it here in Canada, or does she have to go to Amman to do it ?
3. If they request another medical or police report can they be done here in Canada while she is here ?
4. If she is in Canada on a visitor's visa, and her PR is approved, again does she have to go to Amman to pick it up or can in be sent to a Canadian address ?
Thank you for your time
Hi,

1. You can always apply for a Visitor's Visa; but you only have a little chance to get it approved.

2. No, she can't. She'd have to leave Canada and attend the interview at her application file location.

3. Yes, they can be done in Canada.

4. Actually it can be sent to a Canadian address; but she'd have to leave Canada to any foreign destination in order to land as a Permanent Resident at any POE "Port of Entry".

Hope it was helpful.

Kind regards and good luck!

Khalid

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
ayad said:
CKnD said:
If my information is correct you can apply for it online like the PR sponsorship. You can pay online and it will also go to Amman and can take 3-4 months. Can anyone verify this info ?
Actually, it depends on where you must apply for one.

You can use this link: "http://www.cic.gc.ca/app/ctcvac/english/index" to determine how to apply for any visa to Canada.

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
KhalidIraq said:
Hi,

1. You can always apply for a Visitor's Visa; but you only have a little chance to get it approved.

2. No, she can't. She'd have to leave Canada and attend the interview at her application file location.

3. Yes, they can be done in Canada.

4. Actually it can be sent to a Canadian address; but she'd have to leave Canada to any foreign destination in order to land as a Permanent Resident at any POE "Port of Entry".

Hope it was helpful.

Kind regards and good luck!

Khalid
Thank you very much Khalid for the info. So looking it over, it will be a real pain on my wife to come to Canada on a visitors visa only to be possibly bouncing around to Iraq and Amman, especially for my wife who has never traveled outside Iraq. :'( .. sigh .. too bad

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 16 2011 and Jan 16 2012
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012

يا من اليه المستند وعليه المعتمد
وهو الواحد الفرد الصمد
نجني من كل ضيق ونكد
اللهم اميـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــن

azad85

Jul 8, 2012
When i go and check my wife Application Status
it says (We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2011)

and my wife medical report expired in April

how much longer do you guys think it will take befor i get any response

thank you

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012