File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
I.kat said:
thats more than double the time!
I agree with you it is double the time, but consider this, Amman VO was handling Temp visa's for Jordan/Iraq. Now they are doing PR for Jordan/Iraq/Syria, and temp visas for Palestine ... their work load increased by more then 250% .. so the added delay is impossible to avoid. Having said that they are moving faster then I thought they would be, and I think they are getting them done faster, so that 16-18 months, Inshallah will be more like 9-11 months very soon.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
CKnD said:
I agree with you it is double the time, but consider this, Amman VO was handling Temp visa's for Jordan/Iraq. Now they are doing PR for Jordan/Iraq/Syria, and temp visas for Palestine ... their work load increased by more then 250% .. so the added delay is impossible to avoid. Having said that they are moving faster then I thought they would be, and I think they are getting them done faster, so that 16-18 months, Inshallah will be more like 9-11 months very soon.
Thats true. Cant really blame them!! I really do appreciate their hardwork!

roro2012

Jul 16, 2012
baghdad, iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
amman VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
9-8-2012
File Transfer...
9-8-2012 in process 14-2-2013
Med's Done....
first 15-1-2012 second 28-5-2013
Passport Req..
25-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
yesterday, my husband has called a lawyer and he told him:( do not worry about this process the priority for Iraqies coz iraqies's files will not stay in the waiting list but will directly enter the process list)
so that was everything ....
I hope that true

ameen

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
roro2012 said:
yesterday, my husband has called a lawyer and he told him:( do not worry about this process the priority for Iraqies coz iraqies's files will not stay in the waiting list but will directly enter the process list)
I hope that true

ameen
The lawyer lied to your husband.
I'm an Iraqi applicant; my file has been in queue for almost 17 months!
Where's the priority?

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 16 2011 and Jan 16 2012
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012
I guess they are hardly working !! I am really confused ! Does it take all this time to process one file??
they should be more realistic and consider people live's, our life has to move on, not to be stuck for 2 years!!!
Anyways I am sure non of those poeple will hear me, all I can say May Allah finish this for all of us and ease this waiting time for everybody Amen

I.kat said:
Thats true. Cant really blame them!! I really do appreciate their hardwork!

Canada-Girl2012

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-13-2011
AOR Received.
April-26-2011
File Transfer...
Lebanon
Med's Done....
Med #1 (Dec-12-2011) Med #2 (January 2013)
Interview........
Dec-12-2011
Passport Req..
March 19/2013 (Thank you Jesus ! )
I agree..I mean it is really necessary to keep the files on hold for THAT long..I can understand a couple months delay, why 16-18 months even longer for some of us. Ridiculous if you ask me. I wont even be thanking the Amman VO for any of their work after the visa issued Enshala with all the stress that has built up in my life which I never used to have..who would of thought it would take this long really....God help us all.

Full_of_hope said:
I guess they are hardly working !! I am really confused ! Does it take all this time to process one file??
they should be more realistic and consider people live's, our life has to move on, not to be stuck for 2 years!!!
Anyways I am sure non of those poeple will hear me, all I can say May Allah finish this for all of us and ease this waiting time for everybody Amen

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
roro2012 said:
I hope that true

ameen
Well your lawyers information is a little outdated. Yes there was a Quick Iraq Que program in place during the war, but that ended a few years back. I know this for a fact, because I asked 11 different lawyers, and talked to 8 different CiC agents to really confirm this ... yup .. that program is over :'(

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Canada-Girl2012 said:
I agree..I mean it is really necessary to keep the files on hold for THAT long..I can understand a couple months delay, why 16-18 months even longer for some of us. Ridiculous if you ask me. I wont even be thanking the Amman VO for any of their work after the visa issued Enshala with all the stress that has built up in my life which I never used to have..who would of thought it would take this long really....God help us all.
I agree and share your frustrations regarding the LONG wait times, and I haven't been in stage 2 as long as a lot of you, but just thinking about it, rises my blood pressure.
I'v said this before, and I'll say it again, they need more staff in Amman VO. New Delhi VO processing time is 6-7 months, and they have to deal with ALL Indian applications. That is amazing for a country with the 2nd largest population in the world. I bet they have more applications then Amman's ( Iraq/Jordan/Syria ) applications but together, yet they can still finish theirs in less then half the time.

roro2012

Jul 16, 2012
baghdad, iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
amman VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
9-8-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
25-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
KhalidIraq said:
The lawyer lied to your husband.
I'm an Iraqi applicant; my file has been in queue for almost 17 months!
Where's the priority?
you are right !!
but dont be upset allah with you always just be positive and happy and everything will be ok :)

roro2012

Jul 16, 2012
baghdad, iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
amman VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
9-8-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
25-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
CKnD said:
Well your lawyers information is a little outdated. Yes there was a Quick Iraq Que program in place during the war, but that ended a few years back. I know this for a fact, because I asked 11 different lawyers, and talked to 8 different CiC agents to really confirm this ... yup .. that program is over :'(
yes we know this information and u r right
but I think the delay of some iraqi files because of( the bad situation in sirya + the time of transfer files to amman+ the waiting time for the embassy to start working ) if you noticed there was an iraqi person named mr patiant in this forum and he received his PR after 6 or 7 month of waiting coz his file has been sent directly to amman VO
that is my Point of view and i think it is true

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
I agree with you entirely, when they transferred files over, that just added to the wait time, and those people should get priority queuing, God only knows if that is what is going on there.

Inshallah we'll all have Mr.Patients luck :D

iwatchtv

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
HI, I am Syrian. My wife applied to sponsor me and the application was received in July 28, 2011.
In January, 2012, after the notice on the website of the Canadian embassy in Syria, I went to check and I've been told that my application is not there. though my wife received a letter telling her that they sent the application to Damascus office 3 months ago.
I applied for visiting visa then I traveled to Canada as a visitor and I've been here for 6 months already.
I am very happy to be with with wife :p.
:'( the problem is I cant work. and i hate to be a burden on my wife.
I have to wait for my application in Amman. my ecase status is still the same (received in July 28, 2011)
My questions are
1-how long am i gonna wait as its is 12 moths already? if i know for sure it would take one more year, i would apply as a refugee too so i can get to work! :eek:

thanks for everybody here. wish u all the best

iwatchtv

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
i expect Amman vo is going to be faster during the second half of 2012. from people in this forum, i summarized as it is now, it takes 17 months for the two steps. I wish i would get down to 15 and 13 months again. :p
Myself, i've bee waiting for 12 months now and will inform you guys with any change comes along
the only difference that I am in Canada now as a visitor but i sill have to wait for my pr application in Amman ;D

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
iwatchtv said:
HI, I am Syrian. My wife applied to sponsor me and the application was received in July 28, 2011.
In January, 2012, after the notice on the website of the Canadian embassy in Syria, I went to check and I've been told that my application is not there. though my wife received a letter telling her that they sent the application to Damascus office 3 months ago.
I applied for visiting visa then I traveled to Canada as a visitor and I've been here for 6 months already.
I am very happy to be with with wife :p.
:'( the problem is I cant work. and i hate to be a burden on my wife.
I have to wait for my application in Amman. my ecase status is still the same (received in July 28, 2011)
My questions are
1-how long am i gonna wait as its is 12 moths already? if i know for sure it would take one more year, i would apply as a refugee too so i can get to work! :eek:

thanks for everybody here. wish u all the best

Welcome iwatchtv to our little group.
As you know no one can tell you how long the wait is in Amman. There are estimates anywhere from 12-17 months. I wouldn't worry though, you'v waited 12 months already .. so I would assume you only need a few more months. And your with your wife, so the wait is more bearable. Unlike some of our members here who have gone months and months without being with their loved ones.

As for your visa status, I would suggest applying for a work visa so u can work, and if that doesnt work, extent your visit visa for another 6 months, I'm sure your application will be done by then.

Now I have a question for you, Did you mention you were in the process of a PR application when you applied for your visitor visa ?
Also I have heard that if your in Canada and applied for a PR outside Canada, when you finally get your PR visa, you have to exit and reenter Canada to make it official ... have you heard this as well ?

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
iwatchtv said:
i expect Amman vo is going to be faster during the second half of 2012. from people in this forum, i summarized as it is now, it takes 17 months for the two steps. I wish i would get down to 15 and 13 months again. :p
Myself, i've bee waiting for 12 months now and will inform you guys with any change comes along
the only difference that I am in Canada now as a visitor but i sill have to wait for my pr application in Amman ;D
how did you get in as a visitor ? did you apply for a visitors visa ?