+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Bangladeshis going to Canada this Fall'2012 join here

ssaquif

Jul 30, 2012
Sidd_BD said:
Thnx for da reply. but the question I asked is about the time usually taken 'in transit'. All other procedures i.e. medical, resubmission etc. been done. The CHC of SG has released my passport on 17th and still it is 'in transit'. How much time do they usually take for this?
Should take about 5-7 days, but u have to consider the Eid holidays as well

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
At last they gave us all the passports. All the passports are delivered today (Released on 15th-17th August) :)

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
High Commission of Canada, Singapore, VFS Canada- Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
I am so tensed. I resubmitted my passport after medical on 13 August. The tracker started to show (Under Processing) from 21 August. My class will start from 6 September. I think I will miss my 1st week classes and also the orientations. :(

I wish they process my application and issue me the visa and deliver it to me within this month. But, is there any possibility of that?

P2D2

Nov 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send CHC Singapore an emailed Case Specific Enquiry using the instructions given here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/enquiry-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d

Or here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/singapore.asp

Do not send a General Enquiry! In the subject line of your enquiry, replace the word "Subject:" with "Urgent:" and explain your problems or concerns to them properly and concisely. If you don't wake them up, they'll take 2 months to return your passport, starting from the date you submitted your initial application!

Regards.

Sid186

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/06/2012
Med's Request
22/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/07/2012
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
23/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2012
Sidd_BD said:
Thnx for da reply. but the question I asked is about the time usually taken 'in transit'. All other procedures i.e. medical, resubmission etc. been done. The CHC of SG has released my passport on 17th and still it is 'in transit'. How much time do they usually take for this?
oh we;; transit can not fully say ::) naturally its suppose to take 4 days bt in my case took longer :( it really depends on air traffic the amount of work pending n ya holidays .

murs73

Aug 24, 2012
Guys I got my visa yesterday valid for 4 years stamped onto my passport along with a small slip containing some information. But I did not get the letter of introduction :'(. Can I still go to Canada and get a study permit issued at the port of entry without this letter? I made inquiries to the CHC Singapore but these guys never answer as far as I know. Its most likely to be an error. Some help would be appreciated on this matter seeing as I fly on the 28th of this month :(

Sid186

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/06/2012
Med's Request
22/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/07/2012
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
23/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2012
murs73 said:
Guys I got my visa yesterday valid for 4 years stamped onto my passport along with a small slip containing some information. But I did not get the letter of introduction :'(. Can I still go to Canada and get a study permit issued at the port of entry without this letter? I made inquiries to the CHC Singapore but these guys never a enswer as far as I know. Its most likely to be an error. Some help would be appreciated on this matter seeing as I fly on the 28th of this month :(
hey i am flying on d 28 too :) which flight r u in ? and where r u going ?
in the envelop did u get a separate sheet of paper ? its nt an introduction bt its written there to show to visa officer so i guess thts ther "letter". its no use asking them u will get reply really late.

murs73

Aug 24, 2012
Sid186 said:
hey i am flying on d 28 too :) which flight r u in ? and where r u going ?
in the envelop did u get a separate sheet of paper ? its nt an introduction bt its written there to show to visa officer so i guess thts ther "letter". its no use asking them u will get reply really late.
Im flying emirates, the 9.30 pm flight. That slip has all those things written in the website nothing that might pertain to the officer or immigration in any way. I am going to McGill from toronto.

Sid186

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/06/2012
Med's Request
22/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/07/2012
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
23/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2012
Mcgrill great congrats :D i will be going on the 9:30 flight too ;) dhaka to Dubai then london n finally halifax 8) seems we will be same flight to Dubai then. To your question Does the slip pf paper says Dear ...... your application to study in canada has been approved etc etc if so then Thats d one u will see beneath written in bold letters Please show this letter to Canada border officer.

P2D2

Nov 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
murs73 said:
Guys I got my visa yesterday valid for 4 years stamped onto my passport along with a small slip containing some information. But I did not get the letter of introduction :'(. Can I still go to Canada and get a study permit issued at the port of entry without this letter? I made inquiries to the CHC Singapore but these guys never answer as far as I know. Its most likely to be an error. Some help would be appreciated on this matter seeing as I fly on the 28th of this month :(
You can try and send CHC Singapore an emailed Case Specific Enquiry as instructed above in my earlier post. Request them to email you the Letter of Introduction urgently, rather than post it to you. They usually take 3 - 7 days to read emails.

By the way, does the visa stamped onto your passport have your picture? I remember years earlier all Canadian visas would have the visa applicants' picture printed in the counterfoil that is stamped in the passport.

So I would like to know if the visa stamped onto your passport has your picture?

murs73

Aug 24, 2012
P2D2 said:
You can try and send CHC Singapore an emailed Case Specific Enquiry as instructed above. Request them to email you the Letter of Introduction urgently, rather than post it to you. They usually take 3 - 7 days to read emails.

By the way, does the visa stamped onto your passport have your picture? I remember years earlier all Canadian visas would have the visa applicants' picture printed in the counterfoil that is stamped in the passport.

So I would like to know if the visa stamped onto your passport has your picture?
I already did send an urgent inquiry the moment I got the visa without the letter. There was no line saying that I has to show this document to the officials there. But I dont think they will read it at all :( . I asked them to send it as a PDF file if possible. And no my photo was not printed.

P2D2

Nov 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
murs73 said:
I already did send an urgent inquiry the moment I got the visa without the letter. There was no line saying that I has to show this document to the officials there. But I dont think they will read it at all :( . I asked them to send it as a PDF file if possible. And no my photo was not printed.
Thank you murs73 for your prompt reply to my question. CHC Singapore prioritizes emailed or faxed Case Specific Enquiries that have "Urgent" written in them. These priority enquiries are read first (within 3-7 days) and then the others are attended to. I hope you wrote "Urgent" in your enquiry.

murs73

Aug 24, 2012
P2D2 said:
Thank you murs73 for your prompt reply to my question. CHC Singapore prioritizes emailed or faxed Case Specific Enquiries that have "Urgent" written in them. These priority enquiries are read first (within 3-7 days) and then the others are attended to. I hope you wrote "Urgent" in your enquiry.
I did in capitals and I wrote my problem on the subject line.

P2D2

Nov 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
murs73 said:
I did in capitals and I wrote my problem on the subject line.
Then just give them 4 days to reply, or else, leave for Canada without the Letter of Introduction and once you reach the port of entry, tell the officer that you were not given any Letter of Introduction with your passport. I am sure you won't face a lot of problems because the port of entry officer can retrieve all your information by scanning your visa counterfoil. At least you can be happy that you got your visa!

Have a great time in Canada and may God help you in your endeavors!

Sid186

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/06/2012
Med's Request
22/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/07/2012
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
23/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2012
murs73 check tht slip of paper again, does it have a barcode above ? n did u take your bank statements of sponsor, n uni account print outs ? does r imp