+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Bangladeshi Students Applying for Fall,13... Join Here...!!!

theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
February 2nd, 2013; Overall: 7; Listening: 7.5; Reading: 7.5; Speaking: 7; Writing: 6.5
scorpion_ca said:
I never seen anyone received Canadian visa from Bangladesh by showing only $27,500 as a POF from their sponsors. I was wondering do you know anyone who received visa by showing small amount as a POF. I don't want to discourage you. It's better to be well prepared prior to submit your application than being refused by the VO. It would be tough to get visa in 2nd time.

If you have any wealthy relative, you could get sponsorship from them.

Good luck.
Hi Scorpio, Thank you very much for your response. I do appreciate your input and consideration but as far as I'm concerned, I need to show the following amount as POF:

• Tuition fee for 1 year: For me, it's a 1 year course, which will be around $14,500
  • Living expense during the stay: For 1 year, it should be around $10,000
  • Miscellaneous Expense: $1500

So the total I'd have to show is around $26000. Truthfully speaking, I don't know if anyone has gone by showing this amount, or if anyone went through a Post Graduate Certificate program either. I'm just following the methods CIC advised me to go through. Besides, I don't have anyone wealthy enough to guide me through this. Any suggestions?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had to attend an interview for my student visa at Dhaka in 2006 and the officer (Canadian) told me that USD $96,000 is small amount for one year PGD though he issued the visa. It's all about money. You can try your luck.

I have seen Indian students take bank loan and apply for student visa in Canada under SPP (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/spp-ppe.aspx?lang=eng).They also received the visas.

theratulz said:
Hi Scorpio, Thank you very much for your response. I do appreciate your input and consideration but as far as I'm concerned, I need to show the following amount as POF:

• Tuition fee for 1 year: For me, it's a 1 year course, which will be around $14,500
  • Living expense during the stay: For 1 year, it should be around $10,000
  • Miscellaneous Expense: $1500

So the total I'd have to show is around $2600. Truthfully speaking, I don't know if anyone has gone by showing this amount, or if anyone went through a Post Graduate Certificate program either. I'm just following the methods CIC advised me to go through. Besides, I don't have anyone wealthy enough to guide me through this. Any suggestions?

theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
February 2nd, 2013; Overall: 7; Listening: 7.5; Reading: 7.5; Speaking: 7; Writing: 6.5
scorpion_ca said:
I had to attend an interview for my student visa at Dhaka in 2006 and the officer (Canadian) told me that USD $96,000 is small amount for one year PGD though he issued the visa. It's all about money. You can try your luck.

I have seen Indian students take bank loan and apply for student visa in Canada under SPP (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/spp-ppe.aspx?lang=eng).They also received the visas.
I know it's about the money, and I'm as concerned as I can be. But I can't seem to do anything else except this right now.

I don't know how difficult it was back in 2006, besides, there is no interview procedure now either. I have to take a shot with this one as I have no other choice. I can't apply under SPP either because Bangladesh is not eligible for SPP.

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SP -17-04-2013 PR-10-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
@ theratulz

You need to show them the amount you need for the first year according to the CIC website. And secondly, you need to show them a constant reliable source of income. They need to know that you will not have to work in Canada to pay your costs. You should consult some seniors in this forum. Tiger007 gives really good advises . You can reach him by tagging him in your topic line.

theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
@ t119,

I'll ask tiger for more information on this.

Cheers

sabrina13

May 16, 2013
Please give me Proper suggestion---
My husband is in Canada as an international worker with work permit.last year i applied for TRV and got rejected.The reason were low travel experience, fail to show ties with home country and travel reason.

Then i applied for MS in Canada and got admission from an university in Montreal with full scholarship.I have got my CAQ and preparing myself to apply for study permit. But the problem is last time due to some complication i did not mention about my employment information.i have 3 years work experience.to show ties for country i want to show that i am taking leave from my office & after two years completing MS i will come to my country & join my office. i will also show the fixed asset of my parents to prove ties to home country.

Now my question is whether i should provide the correct the employment info or hide it as i did not mention this in last time?? IF i show all real information does it have any negative impact? All my information are real. Please co operate me by giving suggestion.

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
sabrina13 said:
My husband is in Canada as an international worker with work permit.last year i applied for TRV and got rejected.The reason were low travel experience, fail to show ties with home country and travel reason.

Then i applied for MS in Canada and got admission from an university in Montreal with full scholarship.I have got my CAQ and preparing myself to apply for study permit. But the problem is last time due to some complication i did not mention about my employment information.i have 3 years work experience.to show ties for country i want to show that i am taking leave from my office & after two years completing MS i will come to my country & join my office. i will also show the fixed asset of my parents to prove ties to home country.

Now my question is whether i should provide the correct the employment info or hide it as i did not mention this in last time?? IF i show all real information does it have any negative impact? All my information are real. Please co operate me by giving suggestion.
Did they assign you an UCI number last time? And how much was your experience till the date you applied last time?

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
sabrina13 said:

i would have not disclosed now, if i were at your place... however, you should consul with any experienced consultant/lawyer.... perhaps the best policy should be NOT TO HIDE...

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
tomsware said:
i would have not disclosed now, if i were at your place... however, you should consul with any experienced consultant/lawyer.... perhaps the best policy should be NOT TO HIDE...
Buddy don't jump on to conclusions so fast. People have different types of problems. ::)

sabrina13

May 16, 2013
8 month experience .. since last apply. yes the have assign a UCi number last time.
I have consult wit an lawyer yesterday.. he suggest me to hide this info or show 8 month experience. Now i am confused.
Because this time i dont want to hide any info or give any false info :( :( :( . Do you have any better suggestion ??

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
sabrina13 said:
8 month experience .. since last apply. yes the have assign a UCi number last time.
No, not since last applied. I asked when you applied last time, say in january this year, how long was your experience then? Anyway, I thought about this and this is what I feel. You have two options:

1. TO HIDE IT
This is less complicated but just for the time being. For all your future dealings with CIC you have to keep this in mind. And this is a felony.

2. TELL THEM THE TRUTH
I suggest you to do this. But be prepared for a well reasoned explanation. If all your papers are authentic, and you have a good profile...and if they are confused about this particular issue, I am sure they will think twice before rejecting on that particular issue. What you did before was wrong, but again it's not that big a mistake. People are doing worse felonies. This is pretty minor and could be attributed to personal circumstances. I am sure they wont bother too much about it.

Hope it gives you a heads up :)

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
My suggestion is to not hide anything for the betterment of future.

sabrina13

May 16, 2013
i applied in 2/or third October 2012.I have two negative point this time
1. My husband is in Canada
2. My employment Info

beside that everything is ok. Thank you for your suggestion :).

ajdebm

May 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2013
Med's Request
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
20-05-2013
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2013
LANDED..........
10-08-2013 Inshaallah
I have got admission into University of British Columbia. I applied for visa on the 24th of April 2013.
Today, (16 May 2013) I got the call for medical and am done with medical.
I did my undergraduation from USA, so the Canadian consulate has asked me for verification from
FBI. I have sent the fingerprints to FBI but have not gotten any response. Should I wait for the FBI
report or should I submit the passport.
Thanks
A.J

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
sabrina13 said:
i applied in 2/or third October 2012.I have two negative point this time
1. My husband is in Canada
2. My employment Info

beside that everything is ok. Thank you for your suggestion :).
If you are a bonafide international student, it won't matter that your husband is there. You prove yourself bonafide when you have good academic records, going to a good institute and enough funds.