+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Well I am hoping it is not a big deal...
I sent my statement in US Dollars (the one that came from BOA), but I wrote the amount in Canadian dollars.
Since US Dollars are stronger than Canadian they would not make a big deal if your statement is over the limit (for me since it is just me and spouse, it is 10k and something).
They just want to be sure you will support yourself when you are there, and not be a problem to the country.

Akk

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yeah me too... I sent my 401k statement in US dollars but wrote the amount in Canadian dollars in the CIC Form..
Lets hope for the best!!

akk said:
Well I am hoping it is not a big deal...
I sent my statement in US Dollars (the one that came from BOA), but I wrote the amount in Canadian dollars.
Since US Dollars are stronger than Canadian they would not make a big deal if your statement is over the limit (for me since it is just me and spouse, it is 10k and something).
They just want to be sure you will support yourself when you are there, and not be a problem to the country.

Akk

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Melissa finally called me back this morning.
She said it is not a big deal if I move to my country before receiving AOR, I just need to keep everybody informed about my new address.
She also said that CIC will now just send the AOR number, and not medicals...medicals are later (which is weird, since some people got them at the same time).

I will wait my AOR here is US. Since I sent my CIC application first week of February, I will be receiving the AOR max first week of May...My employer let me stay until the end of April, and he said he would not report to USCIS, so after that I can stay as long as I want (until visa expires) with my on expenses of course.
People say that it takes 2 months, if that is my case I will be receiving it in April and then I could leave US happy.

Melinda also said that she does not know if CIC will make a big deal if people change their status from H1B to F1 or Tourist visa, maybe they would, maybe not.
She told me to ask the consulate, because since this nomination was for H1B they may make a problem about that. She told me to call/write them before I do that, that is no longer my case but maybe it is useful information for others.

Thanks,
Akk

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
ainpdude
you got back you application.
did you send bank certificate in USD?
if yes,
did CIC inform you to send your proof of funds in CAD only?
if no, we all are ok for sending proof of funds in USD.I think

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Ainpdude,
I think you didn't realize this message was for you. :) Can you please help me?

How can I track mine then?
Can you please explain me what your bank told you? I use bank of america.

Also...why you said second stage of CIC? I sent my check the first time I applied. Have you received AOR already?
Are you considering getting nominated by Alberta as stage one?

Thanks
Akk

akk said:

Also...why you said second stage of CIC? I sent my check the first time I applied. Have you received AOR already?
Akk

ainpdude said:
no i have already been nominated ... this for second stage at CIC buffalo

i submitted them certified cheque and my bank has suggested me a away to
track it if it has been cleared or not

today the tracking system showed it was cleared yday

C

cchabert

ainpdude said:
Albertagoverner said:
ainpdude said:
cchabert said:
akk said:
CIC says you must send everything they ask on the checklist, otherwise they would return your application.
The loan idea is a good one, but start saving money if you plan to move to Canada, you will probably need to prove it again when you land.

Akk

ainpdude said:

second thing u dont need to send proof of funds right away at time of filing to buffalo
u can even send it latter when they ask for it
I have another one:

IF the funds has to be $10,833 CAD that means they are $8,680.98 USD we can send this amount in our bank statement? or we need to have $10,833 in USD?
I am guessing they are expecting it to be in CAD... so if you can put USD amount and then in to paranthesis (equivalent to xxxxx CAD at rate of conversion 1USD = XXXCAD) then i believe it should be fine...

good luck
No only send fund in CAD!! They will return your application. They don't have time to do conversion and also exchange rate varies every minute. Therefore go to any bank or go to travelex counter and they will give you DD in canadian Dollars.
www.travelex.com
put the zip code in location finder and go to nearest counter.
My bank statetement is in [size=10pt]USD [/size]and they have accepted my application and my fee which was in USD has also been encashed by CIC Buffalo

CIC Buffalo gives explicit guidelines on the fees

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx
This make sense my lawyer told me to send USD on my FSW application back in June 2008

chinadoll

Oct 9, 2008
Hi all,

I finally got my nomination approved yesterday. Here's my timeline

Pre assesment-Oct 8th
Received Approval-Nov 6th
Applied for AINP-Dec 1st
Recieved approval-Feb 11th

really excited and good luck to everyone....

Chinadoll

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Jay007 said:
ainpdude
you got back you application.
did you send bank certificate in USD?
if yes,
did CIC inform you to send your proof of funds in CAD only?
if no, we all are ok for sending proof of funds in USD.I think
Jay,

yes CIC Buffalo sent me application back for some corrections.
I sent statement from bank saying that I have XXX USD in my account as proof of funds

personally i think it does not matter in what denomination the proof of fund is as long
as it is liquid and convertable in to CAD and meets the xxx CAD requirement set by CIC

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
AKK,

>How can I track mine then?
>Can you please explain me what your bank told you? I use bank of america.

my bank gave me a phone no. which was of the cheque clearing company
called "Integrated Payment Systems" so when i call that no and provide the
check no. i can get to know the status if it was cashed or not cashed.

>Also...why you said second stage of CIC? I sent my check the first time I applied. Have you received AOR already?
>Are you considering getting nominated by Alberta as stage one?

I said second stage in the sense i am in CIC stage, the first stage was alberta
stage or nomination stage which is already complete since I have recieved
the nomination from Alberta on Jan 18 2009

akk said:
Ainpdude,
I think you didn't realize this message was for you. :) Can you please help me?

Thanks
Akk

akk said:

Akk

ainpdude said:
no i have already been nominated ... this for second stage at CIC buffalo

i submitted them certified cheque and my bank has suggested me a away to
track it if it has been cleared or not

today the tracking system showed it was cleared yday

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Question..that now is making me worried...

On the CIC form, who is supposed to be the "Applicant"?
I am talking about "Application for PR in canada) - Additional Family Information - Section A.
I think it is IMM 5406 the code for the form.

I think I am the principal applicant on all forms (mine and my spouse). So on my spouse form we put my name as the "Applicant" beause they are asking the name of the Principle Applicant (in case me, since I have the h1b and I received the nomination).

Since Alberta PNP didn't correct this field I sent it to CIC the way I've done it (my name on both principal applicant).
I don't know if I can rely on them, since I had forgotten to put number of people moving to Canada, and they didn't say anything.
I thought they were supposed to check if everything is ok...

Some people say that this is correct, some people say that since it is the spouse form the spouse should be "the applicant"

Check 2 discussions about it:
http://www.trackitt.com/discuss/prn/1128397/
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575611

Has anyone ever asked this to CIC? What did you guys put? Is there someone in this list that received AOR already?

Akk

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
akk said:
Question..that now is making me worried...

On the CIC form, who is supposed to be the "Applicant"?

I think I am the principal applicant on all forms (mine and my spouse). So on my spouse form we put my name as the "Applicant" beause they are asking the name of the Principle Applicant (in case me, since I have the h1b and I received the nomination).

Since Alberta PNP didn't correct this field I sent it to CIC the way I've done it (my name on both principal applicant).
I don't know if I can rely on them, since I had forgotten to put number of people moving to Canada, and they didn't say anything.
I thought they were supposed to check if everything is ok...

Some people say that this is correct, some people say that since it is the spouse form the spouse should be "the applicant"

Check 2 discussions about it:
http://www.trackitt.com/discuss/prn/1128397/
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575611

Has anyone ever asked this to CIC? What did you guys put? Is there someone in this list that received AOR already?

Akk
yeah the form fields are ambiguous...

the cic forms which CIC expects to be filled for spouse as well as mentioned in the CIC
check list.. in those forms i filled my spouse as applicant and me as spouse...
this was suggest by my lawyer sometime back

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Received the nomination yesterday. So, I finally graduate to this thread :)

I have already initiated my PCC process in India, and will mail application for FBI clearance today.

parth

Feb 13, 2009
toledoresident said:
I got PNP Certificate and already applied to CIC with all detail documents.
I want to know further steps if anyone know.
I want to be prepare myself before CIC ask me documents....
for example, After getting PNP Certificate i came to know about police certificate and bank statement required for CIC so it takes around couple weeks..... for next process i dont want to waste time as i did before so can anyone please guide me After submition to CIC what is next process......when they ask further documents and what kind? so i can inquire about that like how long it will take etc.

parth

Feb 13, 2009
HI Everyone
I got Alberta PNP Certificate and i applied to CIC with all necessary documents.
1> Now i want to know when CIC suppose to ask me further documents and what kind. For example Medical or security check or etc...... cos i dont want to waste time as i have less time on my H1b. For example as i waste 3 weeks for police clearance certificate after getting PNP certificate if i knew about it i could apply before.
2> I already applied to CIC Feb10 2009 if i want to change my visa status from H1b to F1 as my visa will be expire after 6 months. so it will effect on my file process with CIC?