+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nomad_musafir said:
Received the nomination yesterday. So, I finally graduate to this thread :)

I have already initiated my PCC process in India, and will mail application for FBI clearance today.
Congratulations! I am sending my FBI clearance today or tomorrow too. Let's see who gets it back quicker.

I have already received my police clearance from back home dated Jan 20. I hope it will not expire before I send my docs to CIC Buffalo.

A

Albertagoverner

parth said:
HI Everyone
I got Alberta PNP Certificate and i applied to CIC with all necessary documents.
1> Now i want to know when CIC suppose to ask me further documents and what kind. For example Medical or security check or etc...... cos i dont want to waste time as i have less time on my H1b. For example as i waste 3 weeks for police clearance certificate after getting PNP certificate if i knew about it i could apply before.
2> I already applied to CIC Feb10 2009 if i want to change my visa status from H1b to F1 as my visa will be expire after 6 months. so it will effect on my file process with CIC?
What was your time line? Parth?

akk

Sep 2, 2008
1) Now you just need to wait, you can just make medical after they send you the requirement for it. Security checks I don't know about it...Other thoughts people?

2) As I said on few posts before, to be sure abou that you must call or write to buffalo. Not even Melinda (who is the main contact for nomination) knows it. I called and asked this yesterday.

Akk

parth said:
HI Everyone
I got Alberta PNP Certificate and i applied to CIC with all necessary documents.
1> Now i want to know when CIC suppose to ask me further documents and what kind. For example Medical or security check or etc...... cos i dont want to waste time as i have less time on my H1b. For example as i waste 3 weeks for police clearance certificate after getting PNP certificate if i knew about it i could apply before.

2> I already applied to CIC Feb10 2009 if i want to change my visa status from H1b to F1 as my visa will be expire after 6 months. so it will effect on my file process with CIC?

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
1. I looked at CIC site and it said, medical is valid for 12 months...

Validity
You can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination.

Means.. we can take it now, and by the time CIC initiate us to take medical (hopefully within 3 months or so), our result is still valid - that way, we don't waste time? Thought?

2. I'm also on the same boat.. My h1b expires 5/09 - and currently I already filed for transfer status to an F-1 since I don't want to take chance of getting out of status here in the US. Personally, I don't think it will matter to CIC since we already got nomination and as long as we are not out of status - we can always say that we got laid-off and couldn't find job and switch to F1 so we can stay until CIC approval kicks in.

Question is.. what's the difference between processing in home country vs. having an F-1 status (or tourist visa) other than H-1b status? I personally think it's better to stay here with some valid status as your application can be with Buffalo vs. risking your paper work got lost when sent to your home country. Any thoughts member?

=====

akk said:
1) Now you just need to wait, you can just make medical after they send you the requirement for it. Security checks I don't know about it...Other thoughts people?

2) As I said on few posts before, to be sure abou that you must call or write to buffalo. Not even Melinda (who is the main contact for nomination) knows it. I called and asked this yesterday.

Akk

parth said:
HI Everyone

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I called the doctor CIC suggests in SF, and the lady said I need to wait cic docs and requirements to make an appointment. She said they try to make it as faster as they can, usually the same or next week I call.

If you can support yourself on a F1 visa, then stay here. I would still get information from Buffalo as suggested by the AINP lady. She said it is not a problem if you go to your home country...CIC may keep even doing the process here, or they might transfer to you country..that would be their decision..Also she said like 4 times, if I change my visa status I must call her...

Akk

yrinaldy said:

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
1. Ok - so, getting medical is only done if CIC ask us to do so. So, this is pretty clear.

2. As for changing status, even in the AINP letter I received, any change of employment must notify AINP and CIC - I will notify both AB and CIC once my status change to F1 is success. This is the only thing I can do... hope CIC won't reject the application as I personally think, has nothing to do with my status...

akk said:
I called the doctor CIC suggests in SF, and the lady said I need to wait cic docs and requirements to make an appointment. She said they try to make it as faster as they can, usually the same or next week I call.

If you can support yourself on a F1 visa, then stay here. I would still get information from Buffalo as suggested by the AINP lady. She said it is not a problem if you go to your home country...CIC may keep even doing the process here, or they might transfer to you country..that would be their decision..Also she said like 4 times, if I change my visa status I must call her...

Akk

yrinaldy said:

Validity
You can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination.

Means.. we can take it now, and by the time CIC initiate us to take medical (hopefully within 3 months or so), our result is still valid - that way, we don't waste time? Thought?

2. I'm also on the same boat.. My h1b expires 5/09 - and currently I already filed for transfer status to an F-1 since I don't want to take chance of getting out of status here in the US. Personally, I don't think it will matter to CIC since we already got nomination and as long as we are not out of status - we can always say that we got laid-off and couldn't find job and switch to F1 so we can stay until CIC approval kicks in.

Question is.. what's the difference between processing in home country vs. having an F-1 status (or tourist visa) other than H-1b status? I personally think it's better to stay here with some valid status as your application can be with Buffalo vs. risking your paper work got lost when sent to your home country. Any thoughts member?

=====

akk said:

Akk

parth said:
HI Everyone

akk

Sep 2, 2008
2- Totally agree that has nothing to do with status...but you never know what are their thoughts... :)

Are you still with a valid H1B working for your employer? Or are you in process of changing visas (neither h1b not f1). I heard that F1 changes can take up to 6 months...

Akk

yrinaldy said:
1. Ok - so, getting medical is only done if CIC ask us to do so. So, this is pretty clear.

2. As for changing status, even in the AINP letter I received, any change of employment must notify AINP and CIC - I will notify both AB and CIC once my status change to F1 is success. This is the only thing I can do... hope CIC won't reject the application as I personally think, has nothing to do with my status...

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Friends, today I have received my CIC application back.

CIC wants the copy of I-797 and I-94 to prove that I am in USA more then 1 year
I had sent the copy of H1B Stamp and I-94 still CIC want
I have just sent back. let us see.

Good thing is, I had sent that application without PCC of India.
Yesterday, I had received my PCC of India

so this time application is with PCC

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
I'm still with H1b status working for same employer. I have filed paperwork 2 weeks ago to change status to F1 and start school on March 30. Hope everything goes as planned.

As reporting to CIC - it doesn't say anywhere (black and white) to always update CIC other than our mailing address. AINP provide cover letter to provide them with any changes of employment. So, why are we "voluntarily" informing CIC about our status while at the time I submitted all my docs to CIC (a week ago), all my paper works were in a valid state.

So... it's like you passed your security clearance from FBI when you submitted your application but then later you committed a crime and do you have to voluntarily tell CIC about it? -- it'll definitely not working to your advantage, if you know what I mean?

As what my US lawyer said.. provide only what they want/need to know, don't voluntarily give them things they don't ask...

akk said:
2- Totally agree that has nothing to do with status...but you never know what are their thoughts... :)

Are you still with a valid H1B working for your employer? Or are you in process of changing visas (neither h1b not f1). I heard that F1 changes can take up to 6 months...

Akk

yrinaldy said:

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Jay:

When did you send your application to CIC? How many days until you get it return to you?

Jay007 said:

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I was just sharing what the Alberta lady told me :) That you must tell AINP all changes and that you should verify with CIC about change of status/visa type..

Akk

yrinaldy said:
I'm still with H1b status working for same employer. I have filed paperwork 2 weeks ago to change status to F1 and start school on March 30. Hope everything goes as planned.

As reporting to CIC - it doesn't say anywhere (black and white) to always update CIC other than our mailing address. AINP provide cover letter to provide them with any changes of employment. So, why are we "voluntarily" informing CIC about our status while at the time I submitted all my docs to CIC (a week ago), all my paper works were in a valid state.

So... it's like you passed your security clearance from FBI when you submitted your application but then later you committed a crime and do you have to voluntarily tell CIC about it? -- it'll definitely not working to your advantage, if you know what I mean?

As what my US lawyer said.. provide only what they want/need to know, don't voluntarily give them things they don't ask...

akk said:

Akk

yrinaldy said:

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
yrinaldy,

CIC received my application on 5 Feb,they sent me on 10 Feb and I got it back today, 13 Feb.
Today I have again send it back

yrinaldy said:
Jay:

When did you send your application to CIC? How many days until you get it return to you?

Jay007 said:

akk

Sep 2, 2008
How did you make the family form? Your name in both principal applicant fields (for you and spouse?)

Jay007 said:
yrinaldy,

CIC received my application on 5 Feb and I got it back today, 13 Feb.

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Sorry buddy
I m the single

akk said:
How did you make the family form? Your name in both principal applicant fields (for you and spouse?)

Jay007 said:
yrinaldy,

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Lucky you...hehe...just kidding :)

Akk

Jay007 said:
Sorry buddy
I m the single

akk said:

Jay007 said:
yrinaldy,